Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,267 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So apparently the Uncharted street date has been broken by 2 weeks
    http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/uncharted_4/news/uncharted_4_street_date_broken_in_the_uk.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So apparently the Uncharted street date has been broken by 2 weeks
    http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/uncharted_4/news/uncharted_4_street_date_broken_in_the_uk.html

Happens all the time in Arab countries, very rarely to this scale in the EU though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Superhero1993

tok9 wrote: »
    If there is a few exclusives you're dying to play, get it. Otherwise I'd definitely hold off for the PS4K/4.5/Neo

Thanks. I was looking to play the Batman games but they were supposedly being re-made for PS4. Other than that, I'm not in a massive rush to play any games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

There will be words with CEX then, Sony can't have them breaking dates when other stores don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I doubt its cex breaking the date in that sense, probably people coming in and selling games to them which they sell back.

• Advertisement

I doubt its cex breaking the date in that sense, probably people coming in and selling games to them which they sell back.

Down on the receipt as pre release, taking it was down on the system as a pre-order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,267 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was wondering that myself. I mean someone selling the game to cex after getting it early seems a bit stupid. Be different if you got more than you paid, like the early days of PS4, but if they sold for £55, clearly not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

With the story now being a shipment of Uncharted 4 was stolen, that may explain why they ended up at CEX.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

I'd say the ban hammer will go down to anybody who shows up as playing it online before the date, that's sonys way of stopping it happening in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

SharpCoder wrote: »
    I'd say the ban hammer will go down to anybody who shows up as playing it online before the date, that's sonys way of stopping it happening in the past.

It will probably be like SFV when it came out, the multiplayer simply won't work until the release date? I got it shipped 3 days early to me by accident and I just couldn't do anything online with it (which anyone who has it knows I couldn't do anything really)

• Advertisement

RedXIV wrote: »
    It will probably be like SFV when it came out, the multiplayer simply won't work until the release date? I got it shipped 3 days early to me by accident and I just couldn't do anything online with it (which anyone who has it knows I couldn't do anything really)

Still want bans for the salt, they can still see what people are playing if they're connected to PSN.

SharpCoder wrote: »
    it is indeed, the different links to it were outed here, have you tried it yet, any good??

Some observations after a few hours playing today, it starts like a Souls game and then morphs into a Ninja Gaiden game as you go along and the graphics are very good for an alpha build, some drops in the more graphically intensive fights.

The difficulty can be brutal at times, but this is a Team Ninja game, it is harder than the Souls series, but the difficulty of those games is overblown if you do not run around mashing buttons and have a proper build, the combat is fun, especially when you learn how to manually recover stamina.

Not a fan of the durability system so far and some mechanics like the lock-on system needs tweaking, archers blocking and firing bows at the same time and some animation just look plain odd.

Will more than likely be picking this up at launch, it is not gonna be perfect, but it looks like it will be a special game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Does anyone know if the ps3 Bluetooth ear piece works on the 4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

No it doesn't. If you have a mobilephone handsfree ear piece that works though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Does anyone know when the new witcher 3 dlc will be out? Just started through it again. God it's fuppin amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I have a 1 month trial code for PS+ if anyone wants it....

Proviso: It can only be used by someone who isn't already a member or hasn't had a trial already (according to terms & conditions)

Anyone heard of the PS4 USB power being lowered in rest mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Never heard of that being the case and I've not noticed it either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Apparently Ratchet and Clank is on sale in Gamestop at €44.99 down from €74.99 yet Smyths original price is €39.99..

My hatred for this company grows stronger... :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

and it's 34.99 digitally

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    and it's 34.99 digitally

I don't get how they can advertise something as being €74.99 over twice as much as it costs on the store, and €35 more than other stores... They are the worst company I have ever come across to be honest...

Apparently Ratchet and Clank is on sale in Gamestop at €44.99 down from €74.99 yet Smyths original price is €39.99..

My hatred for this company grows stronger... :mad:

Currently €37.99 in Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

For anybody near the border Argos in the north have Ratchet & Clank for £27.99. Even with exchange rates that a good price.

Anyone know any co-op games for around €15 / $20 Canadian? ... One that's easy to play and not too tough... Want to purchase on the store, or a digital code...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I don't get how they can advertise something as being €74.99 over twice as much as it costs on the store, and €35 more than other stores... They are the worst company I have ever come across to be honest...

Are there not laws relating to this?

AFAIK a given item has to be selling at a particular price for a minimum period of time before it can be advertised as being heavily discounted.

Simple answer is to report them to the advertising standards authority.

AFAIK a given item has to be selling at a particular price for a minimum period of time before it can be advertised as being heavily discounted.

There probably is, but it's Gamestop at the end of the day, there whole systems revolves around ripping off it's customers and making them think they're getting value for money!.. Don't thnk many people here purchase from them though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Fixed priced selling in retailers is banned, they can charge what they want

duploelabs wrote: »
    Fixed priced selling in retailers is banned, they can charge what they want

Not what he's on about.

You can't say it's 50% if it was never that origional price to begin with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Varik wrote: »
    Not what he's on about.

You can't say it's 50% if it was never that origional price to begin with.

Exactly what I meant.

Its certainly the case in the UK and our laws tend to mirror theirs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

How are they even still open? I go in for a browse every now and then and there is no one in the shop. Was in it the other day and The Witcher 3 was €55 pre owned, it's 40 new in Smyths!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement