Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Are there not laws relating to this?

AFAIK a given item has to be selling at a particular price for a minimum period of time before it can be advertised as being heavily discounted.

Simple answer is to report them to the advertising standards authority.

Does the pre-order price come in to it at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

About to buy a PS4 1TB the one that came with Ass creed that came out last year.

IS that the new model ?. Or is it the old one ?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

About to buy a PS4 1TB the one that came with Ass creed that came out last year.

IS that the new model ?. Or is it the old one ?.
    new model has a full matte finish to top of console the older has half matte half gloss.. do not buy the older model unless you want to be hard of hearing with the noise of the fans :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

petes wrote: »
    How are they even still open? I go in for a browse every now and then and there is no one in the shop. Was in it the other day and The Witcher 3 was €55 pre owned, it's 40 new in Smyths!!

Clueless parents or family members are there main revenue stream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

new model has a full matte finish to top of console the older has half matte half gloss.. do not buy the older model unless you want to be hard of hearing with the noise of the fans :pac:

People say this, but my launch model makes no noise at all. I had to turn on auto shutdown on it because I kept leaving it on by mistake. It's completely silent.

I must be lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Oat23 wrote: »
    People say this, but my launch model makes no noise at all. I had to turn on auto shutdown on it because I kept leaving it on by mistake. It's completely silent.

I must be lucky.

Same here, mine only gets noisy the odd time when it's hot or loading up a disc but it's mainly almost silent.

Oat23 wrote: »

I must be lucky.

Mine was grand as well, once it started up it was usually nice and silent with just one point in TLOU causing it to become quite loud, I have the new model now and it is whisper quiet as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,267 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I assume the price they're saying it's 50% of is the RRP. Same how with sales they say something is 75% off even though it's been 60% up until that point.

Ya i more or less bought the PS4 now haha just waiting for the guy to come with it. You wont believe what i got for the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I assume the price they're saying it's 50% of is the RRP. Same how with sales they say something is 75% off even though it's been 60% up until that point.

Pretty sure the Ratchet and Clank game does not have a RRP of €75 it's probably €45 at most considering the store has it at €35..

• Advertisement

Got it after turned out to be a 500gb new model ps4. Got 3 games with it last of us and the last 2 ass creeds. Also extra controller.

Paid wait for ..... 170 euros. Traded in all the games and extra controller got the ps4 for 100 euros ha ha howhat bad .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Superhero1993

Got it after turned out to be a 500gb new model ps4. Got 3 games with it last of us and the last 2 ass creeds. Also extra controller.

Paid wait for ..... 170 euros. Traded in all the games and extra controller got the ps4 for 100 euros ha ha howhat bad .

Where ya get that?

Where ya get that?

Adverts ha ha

Got my launch model for €50, it was very easy to manipulate Gamestop's trade in deals when you had an Xtravision that was closing down and having a firesale of their inventory across the road.

Adverts ha ha
    jaysus thats some bargain... your adverts profile is samapple789?

jaysus thats some bargain... your adverts profile is samapple789?

No not at all :P.

But proper question time i am about to sell my old PS4 there.

I have changed my account password. Will they still be able to log on with my account on the other PS4 ?. Or is there any way i can block them from getting in my account ?. As the mother and father are not the must tech minded to get them to set up the console from fresh again ha ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,803 ✭✭✭Evade

I have changed my account password. Will they still be able to log on with my account on the other PS4 ?. Or is there any way i can block them from getting in my account ?. As the mother and father are not the must tech minded to get them to set up the console from fresh again ha ha.

Take everything off the PS4 by going to settings > initialisation > initialise PS4 and remove it as an authorised PS4 by logging in to your account on the Sony computer entertainment website.

Evade wrote: »
    Delete your profile by going to settings > users > delete profile and remove it as an authorised ps4 by logging in to your account on the Sony computer entertainment website.

So would a 60 year old man EG my father be able to do this easy do you think ?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,803 ✭✭✭Evade

So would a 60 year old man EG my father be able to do this easy do you think ?.
    Not knowing exactly how unfamiliar your Dad is with technology if he can turn it on and navigate the menu it should be easy. He'll probably need your current password to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

If you wipe the PS4 there's no way they can get at your account or details.

If you're asking can they still use the PS4 without you're account, course they can, they'd just need to create their own PSN account if the wanna play online or download games.

No not at all :P.
    ah i got you armyofthedead

:pac:

easy to wipe the ps4 your father should be able to do it problem free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Nioh is the ****.

ah i got you armyofthedead

:pac:

easy to wipe the ps4 your father should be able to do it problem free

Thats the plan once he's up going to try and guide him how to it ha ha. Also have to guide him how to turn on my tv and get to the HDMI slot :eek:.

He can use a iPhone so he should be grand ;)

It's very simple. You will need the psn id on the console and password aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

The fact that Gamestop have started selling t-shirts and action figures says it all, sales must be down on games. The rise in digital sales must be killing them. This €75 for every game carry on is insane, must be the most expensive in the world. PS3 and 360 games were €70 in the early launch of the consoles but then they dropped to €60.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,691 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Have deleted the last few posts for obvious reasons.

If you have an issue with users on adverts.ie, please contact the admins there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Has anyone tried ps now lately. Is there still a trial available? I think i saw there was a week long trial if you started it, that was on a uk account. Might try get through uncharted 3 before 4 comes out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Anyone know what way Smyths pre order delivery works? Do they despatch on the day of release or is it despatched so you have it on that day, I'm presuming the former.

• Advertisement

After previous experience with preorders, I can now say for sure that I'll never be doing it again from a bricks & mortar store (or an online one, for that matter). Digital all the way for day-one releases, methinks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement