Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

L2 is your aiming button for U4. Regardless of the in game options Sony has added a feature to the PS4 that you can re map any button from the console accessibility settings outside of the game. Either was any Uncharted game will be very hard to play without having all your shoulder buttons working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

So anyone playing overwatch now its fully open

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Varik wrote: »

That game completely passed me by. Looks like a cross of the classic quake and Team Fortress 2.
    I like it! Is out on PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Varik wrote: »

The problem is I can't stop playing! Really looking forward to it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Anyone know if you will be fit to play Uncharted 4 without the L2 button? Hoping I can change controls as my L2 was off now the rubber that connects with L1 has came off too...Don't want to be annoyed that I can't play when game being launched...

Eh, call me crazy but buy a new controller FFS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Any news on PS now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Anybody having problems signing in to playstation network?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Has anyone else gotten sick of Sony lately or is it just me being grumpy?
    PS Now never arrived, remote play for PC doesn't seem to work for me, Firmware updates are full of useless ****e, slow download speeds, recently my system will automatically boot into safe mode when I turn it on, PS+ Games have been awful, outrages prices on the store.
    I was definitely a fan of Sony for many years (Even bought a Sony TV and smartphone), but over the weekend I went out and bought myself an Xbox One. It seem's like a much better system all around - The E3 launch sold me on the Playstation, but since then I've been very disappointed!
    Currently I'm considering selling the Playstation, as I can't see any improvement in sight.
    Anyone else feel the same way?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Am signed in now ad all is well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

F1ngers wrote: »
    Am signed in now ad all is well.

Got back in had to change password

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Mister Man wrote: »

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

PS Now never arrived, remote play for PC doesn't seem to work for me, Firmware updates are full of useless ****e, slow download speeds, recently my system will automatically boot into safe mode when I turn it on, PS+ Games have been awful, outrages prices on the store.
    I was definitely a fan of Sony for many years (Even bought a Sony TV and smartphone), but over the weekend I went out and bought myself an Xbox One. It seem's like a much better system all around - The E3 launch sold me on the Playstation, but since then I've been very disappointed!
    Currently I'm considering selling the Playstation, as I can't see any improvement in sight.

Nah, not at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Every piece of technology I own should be better than it is, here in 2016.

PlayStation does what I need it to, not without its problems, but I put games in and it starts them up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Yeah, its dodgy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

the xbox one is a dull bugfest. graphically dead imo, also the small playerbase means games like bf4 and cod suffer terribly while trying to get into games.

it is a vastly inferior gaming machine. the kinect just causes the mach
    ine to **** itself regular as it uses system power. the xbox one hanging on because of game sharing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

the xbox one is a dull bugfest. graphically dead imo, also the small playerbase means games like bf4 and cod suffer terribly while trying to get into games.

Lol.

They're both consoles, they look the exact same, don't fool yourself.

Bf4 currently has 44k players on xb1 right now with 36k on ps4 right now. But sure, whatever helps you sleep at night :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It's like reading the thread 2 years ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

MiskyBoyy wrote:
    Bf4 currently has 44k players on xb1 right now with 36k on ps4 right now. But sure, whatever helps you sleep at night

Interesting as i was trying to get a game in bf4 earlier on the one and i only managed to get into one game that was conquest with 4v4 I left and wasn't able to get into another game tried a good few of the modes I just got bored and just turned off my xbox
    (yes i did restart my router and my Nat is open)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Lol.

They're both consoles, they look the exact same, don't fool yourself.

Bf4 currently has 44k players on xb1 right now with 36k on ps4 right now. But sure, whatever helps you sleep at night :P
    i sleep well thanks. where did you get the bf stats?

they definitely dont look the exact same. but sure if that helps you sleep fair enough

just found stats http://bf4stats.com/

so that could be any number of reasons why stats show in xbox one favour??

i had an xbone recently and any time i was playing bf4 struggled to find a game whilst currently on the ps4 the servers are full and plenty

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Ah lets not start this nonsense again! Both consoles have their strengths and weaknesses, no console is definitely better than the other.

Pick the console that has the best exclusives for you, most friends on, and just enjoy playing games :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Back on topic please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Today is a good day. Today I pick up the 1TB Uncharted console with the Libertalia edition of the game. Screw it. I'm getting a chipper as well!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

shuffles03 wrote:
    Today is a good day. Today I pick up the 1TB Uncharted console with the Libertalia edition of the game. Screw it. I'm getting a chipper as well!!!!!

A nice rainy day too, perfect for gaming and hot chipper food. Enjoy! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

shuffles03 wrote: »

Shame if you got mugged on the way home ;) My favourite chipper is Chicken Fillet Burger.

Where was it you live again :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I love my launch ps4 but what i dont like is that it randomly decides to eject disks while playing a game :( really annoying, ive tried all the fixes for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭shuffles03

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    A nice rainy day too, perfect for gaming and hot chipper food. Enjoy! :)

In work until 5.30 though. My wife is picking it up this afternoon. This is literally the longest day EVER!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭irishj

My PS4 seems to connect to PSN this morning, but can't access any content. Uncharted 4 is unlocked, but when I try to play it only shows a picture of Drake and doesn't go any further.

Errors: CE-33987-0 & NW-31456-9

Bummed out sitting here and can't play Uncharted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

I love my launch ps4 but what i dont like is that it randomly decides to eject disks while playing a game :( really annoying, ive tried all the fixes for it.

Same thing happened to me. I turned it on its side and has been perfect since.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭irishj

irishj wrote: »
    My PS4 seems to connect to PSN this morning, but can't access any content. Uncharted 4 is unlocked, but when I try to play it only shows a picture of Drake and doesn't go any further.

Errors: CE-33987-0 & NW-31456-9

Bummed out sitting here and can't play Uncharted.

Finally the game launched, seems to be a PSN issue - Uncharted 4 here we go..... :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Have you tried removing the rubber grip underneath the console, directly under the eject button?

I had the same problem, removing that solved it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement