Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭shuffles03

What. A. Game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Is unchartered 4 multiplayer working for anyone?

Anytime i launch it i get not signed into PSN but i am, or else i get failed to download config file?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Loving Uncharted Multiplayer, very impressed with it... Usually don't play online 3rd person shooters...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Up early of a a Saturday, Souls 3, Uncharted and The Witcher (only started) beckons.

Think I'll pick up Doom during the week, seems to be a lot of positives about it. Couple if friends got it and love it but I seriously need to finish other games first!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

petes wrote: »
    Up early of a a Saturday, Souls 3, Uncharted and The Witcher (only started) beckons.

Think I'll pick up Doom during the week, seems to be a lot of positives about it. Couple if friends got it and love it but I seriously need to finish other games first!!

Im the same, really need to play other games, planned on playing the unchartered games before buying the new one, still on first level of first one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Silverman.

Are they releasing a remastered version of the Batman games on PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Silverman. wrote: »

Batman: Return to Arkham will include both games plus all their downloadable content, and it is meant to be out next month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Yes, a few retailers have leaked it so far.

Xenji wrote: »
    Batman: Return to Arkham will include both games plus all their downloadable content, and it is meant to be out next month.

Brilliant. So it will include Arkham Asylum and Arkham City? Why aren't they including Arkham Origins does anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Origins was developed by a different studio but it's a pity they couldn't get it included as well, would have been a really nice collection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah I wish it was all 3, Origins got a lot of hate but I quite liked it - some really cool boss battles.

Cheers. I'm going to get a PS4 and the main reason is to play the Batman games, Uncharted games and hopefully if they improve Fifa. Have to find the best time to buy it though with the NEO and PSVR being released.

If anyone is going to pick up Shadow Of the Beast, it is going to come bundled with the Amiga original.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Cheers. I'm going to get a PS4 and the main reason is to play the Batman games, Uncharted games and hopefully if they improve Fifa. Have to find the best time to buy it though with the NEO and PSVR being released.
    I would suggest going with PES this year, they really capitalised on how poor the FIFA games have become with an exceptional game. With the exception of Rocket League, PES 2016 is the best sports game I've played since FIFA 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

dead island definitive collection is due out soon too, i'm tempted to get it for some co-op zombie slashing fun.

SharpCoder wrote: »
    dead island definitive collection is due out soon too, i'm tempted to get it for some co-op zombie slashing fun.

Give it 2-3 weeks after release and you will be able to pick if up for peanuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I'd imagine or, hope at least, they have actually put some effort into making the game not crash as much as the original. Was diabolically bad trying to play 4 person coop. Every night there was constant crashes for everyone in the party. I think we stuck it out due to sheer stubbornness.

Forgot that Prison Simulator is getting a PS4 port next month.

Nailz wrote:
    I would suggest going with PES this year, they really capitalised on how poor the FIFA games have become with an exceptional. With the exception of Rocket League, PES 2016 is the best sports game I've played since FIFA 12.

I'll have a look. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

Xenji wrote: »
    Give it 2-3 weeks after release and you will be able to pick if up for peanuts.

that's what i was thinking of doing, tempted to get the heavy rain/beyond two souls combo too, that deal is up soon i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Nailz wrote: »
    I would suggest going with PES this year, they really capitalised on how poor the FIFA games have become with an exceptional. With the exception of Rocket League, PES 2016 is the best sports game I've played since FIFA 12.

Hmmm agree to disagree. I gave Pro Evo a good going over a couple of months back and found it pretty average. I stil think FIFA has the edge. I'd love a truly great Pro Evo though.

Any opinions on the Deadpool game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Yep have to agree with this. Finally switched to PES after years of FIFA. Little innovation each year made it tedious and PES swept in with a cracker this year. Can't recommend it enough.

Have not played it, but it is really just a port of the 2013 PS3 release with hardly any new remastering, would probably avoid it, it did not review well across the board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

I was a PES head until the ps3 then I switched to FIFA. FIFA 15 was by far the worst sports game I've played ever. This year is better, but I could be tempted to switch. Is it hard to adjust to PES after playing FIFA for so long?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

hefferboi wrote: »
    I was a PES head until the ps3 then I switched to FIFA. FIFA 15 was by far the worst sports game I've played ever. This year is better, but I could be tempted to switch. Is it hard to adjust to PES after playing FIFA for so long?

No it's not too bad. There's a little adjustment, such as not holding sprint every time you move, holding the ball a bit more and learning to defend but it doesn't take too long. It's worth the switch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Not good imo, repetitive and quite mundane. Might be worth it if it was incredibly cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,587 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Just on PES 2016. Made the switch myself around Christmas time and haven't got FIFA back yet and dont think I will anytime soon.

There is (just like any game) good and bad. People have listed the good already I think so I'll just say a few things I think it doesn't do great or maybe not as well as FIFA.

First is myclub (PES version of ultimate team). I've never seen a game mode so obviously designed to just make money.

It's fairly easy to get the real top players and I have a far far better team than I ever had on UT but you never earn enough gamepoints to pay for the contracts of these players so you are consistently left with the choice of buying coins or farming gamepoints by playing games with really bad cheap players.

Then they also have a IMO anyway a fairly ridiculous stamina system which also means these great players you have can't be played with. Unless of course you buy coins, then you can play as much as you want.

For normal seasons online (playing online games with real teams). This is good but still not quite as good as FIFA. The further up the leagues you go as well you'll mostly just come up against people spamming long balls and the likes. A lot of people set up with a 3/4 forward attack line and just hit long balls up to them. It gets a bit annoying after a while. I remember long balls were a huge problem online on FIFA a few years ago as well so hopefully PES 2017 is better in this regard. If you like to play a lot of online then it's something to just bare in mind.

Also like 80% of the games you play will be against real Madrid or Bayern then again so is FIFA.

But it does have a very interesting system were you'll get more points the worse the team you play with is. For example about 2 weeks ago I needed 800 or maybe 900 points to survive relegation. I had a look through the sides and settled on new Zealand. Played a game and shockingly it was against real Madrid. I somehow managed to beat the other guy (mainly through backs to the wall defending ,a lot of luck and the long ball upto 4 forwards) and stay up. Probably one of the single most enjoyable wins I've ever had online against someone, a genuine heart pounding match. Which is exactly what we all want from our football games.

Master league (PES career mode although I'm sure most know the name ). Was a bit of a mixed bag for me, on one hand id say playing the CPU on the top difficulty is much much more enjoyable than FIFA where if you play any team on the top level they all play like Barcelona.

In Master league they play more like they would in real life. You can beat the likes of Villa and Watford handy enough most of the time but the big teams are a completely different beast and it's actually really enjoyable knowing you have to change your game based on your opponent.

However the transfer system is crap. No other way to describe it. It's completely unrealistic. You could easily pick up someone like hazard from Chelsea as ManUtd for less than or around 20 million euro. The scouts are always bringing back rival players and most of the time you can sign them handy enough. It takes no time and very little effort to get an amazing team together. It's just not right.

Stadiums or lack of are a big problem for me as well. If they had left the stadium creator in they had a few versions ago then at least we could download some teams stadiums that aren't in the game. I won't put the fake Jerseys down as a negative because it's a fairly simple fix.

Thats pretty much it. The gameplay (at least when your not online facing long ball after long ball) is top notch though. It feels much closer to an actual game of football than FIFA does. I seen a video of somebody playing FIFA the last day and after a few months of only PES it really showed up at least to me how FIFA is more geared towards actually just being a game, whereas PES is the better football sim. Despite all its flaws I'll be sticking with it at least until FIFA 17 and PES 17 later in the year. Then I'll have the choice to make all over again.

PS don't give them any money for myclub :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

it's a pity Rockstar won't release a PS4 version of Red Dead Redemption on the store. All the GTA's are there, Bully and Manuhunt. RDR is only 8 euro at the moment on sale, another time when I wish I didn't get rid of the PS3.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement