Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

Online is generally a lot cheaper. I usually do a search on HUKD for any new game i'm looking for and someone has generally spotted a deal. For example Batman can be pre-ordered for €45.59 here.

Main point is avoid Gamestop like the plague. Using the example above Batman is €74.99. Best shop price pre-order seems to be Smyths at €59.99

nice catch on the batman price, pre-ordered it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Anyone know why I can't play FIFA 15 on my PS4 while not connected to the internet... I don't have it activated as primary but am playing off the account it was downloaded from, I thought you didn't need it activated as primary if you are playing the game off the account that it's purchased from?... Says I have to be online to play and currently don't have the internet up in college so was wondering is there a way to fix this without activating as primary?..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone know why I can't play FIFA 15 on my PS4 while not connected to the internet... I don't have it activated as primary but am playing off the account it was downloaded from, I thought you didn't need it activated as primary if you are playing the game off the account that it's purchased from?... Says I have to be online to play and currently don't have the internet up in college so was wondering is there a way to fix this without activating as primary?..

No.

It must be primary or online on the owning account.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Replacement-Housing-Buttons-Controller-DualShock4/dp/B00PDMGWNY/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1428800997&sr=8-7&keywords=ps4+controller+parts

Has anyone tried replacing the housing on their PS4 controller... Need a new housing for my white controller and wouldn't mind replacing the Black controller with white housing too... Wondering if the above would be good to get and is it difficult to do this sort of job or would it be relatively easy?... I have replaced PS3 buttons before and it seemed ok...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Replacement-Housing-Buttons-Controller-DualShock4/dp/B00PDMGWNY/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1428800997&sr=8-7&keywords=ps4+controller+parts

Has anyone tried replacing the housing on their PS4 controller... Need a new housing for my white controller and wouldn't mind replacing the Black controller with white housing too... Wondering if the above would be good to get and is it difficult to do this sort of job or would it be relatively easy?... I have replaced PS3 buttons before and it seemed ok...

Not tried it, but honestly I can see nearly 30 different parts in that screenshot alone, what is wrong with your housing, I have a launch day console and have not even a scratch on my housing of either of my controllers.

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »
    Not tried it, but honestly I can see nearly 30 different parts in that screenshot alone, what is wrong with your housing, I have a launch day console and have not even a scratch on my housing of either of my controllers.

I wouldnt need the buttons and what not I don't think.. L2 button broke on 1 of them the other is fine but would prefer it as a white controller, when I bought the controller at the time there was no white ones released... L2 is working just think the spring is broken in it or something as once I press it doesn't spring back to original place

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I wouldnt need the buttons and what not I don't think.. L2 button broke on 1 of them the other is fine but would prefer it as a white controller, when I bought the controller at the time there was no white ones released... L2 is working just think the spring is broken in it or something as once I press it doesn't spring back to original place

I would just buy a new controller from VGP, it would cost €25 more than the housing, but at least you would not have to put it all back together, plus the L2 button could still be broken when you have everything put back, its not the button but more than likely the circuit board thats damaged.

Xenji wrote: »
    I would just buy a new controller from VGP, it would cost €25 more than the housing, but at least you would not have to put it all back together, plus the L2 button could still be broken when you have everything put back, its not the button but more than likely the circuit board thats damaged.

I think it's the spring thats not working as I tried using it and it still functions well just annoying that it doesn't spring back.. Maybe an L2 + spring replacement would be the cheapest I suppose...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 spudger1

If i'm selling PS4 games to CEX, do i need to bring ID?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

spudger1 wrote: »

Yep.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

If you sell them on adverts you'll make a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Fakman87 wrote: »

Good thing about cex is you can get the price online before you go in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Fakman87 wrote: »

You do, but you also have to deal with the 90% of cretins that populate adverts. Cex is handy, and you can just check prices online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Just first time they will then setup account and give u a card

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

The Witcher 3 and all DLC is free on HK PSN, it's obviously a glitch, I would go off and create an account but fear the banhammer on my console.....

Anyone wanna take a punt?

I wouldn't advise it but, link to reddit thread :

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/32bl81/the_witcher_3_with_expansion_packs_is_free_in_hk/

I remember MS had a similar thing with Rayman a few years back on the Oman marketplace, loads of consoles were banned for it, lol....

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

All the Witcher DLC is free anyway besides 2 expansion packs coming out later this year and early next year.

Edit: sorry, didn't see it meant expansion packs as well.

Tbh, the devs are trying to say FU to the industry releasing shyte dlc for a price so they are giving a lot of it for free. They are one dev who deserve not to be ripped off by a loophole. Hopefully they still get paid off Sony anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Wouldn't be worth it in the long run tbh if there a chance you'll get banned.

Varik wrote: »
    It's a pre-order, no money has been taken yet so they can just cancel the order.

Made an HK account for it but not tried to download or anything, I don't expected them to give it in the end.

I doubt they will again but they had a similar thing with The Cabal (****ty hunting game) on the US PSN and honoured it in the end.....

Id probably be better off getting it on PC anyway, no problem with supporting devs and buying titles....

It's a pre-order, no money has been taken yet so they can just cancel the order and if someone did complain considering they paid nothing they're owned nothing.

Made an HK account for it but not tried to download or anything, I don't expected them to give it in the end.

Doubt they'll just give the game away in the end, it's not like Origin where it was better for EA to keep people on their new platform. So reason Sony or CD Projekt won't just cancel the orders.
    Fieldog wrote: »
    I doubt they will again but they had a similar thing with The Cabal (****ty hunting game) on the US PSN and honoured it in the end.....

Id probably be better off getting it on PC anyway, no problem with supporting devs and buying titles....

Don't plan on buying it at all, it's one of those games what I'll get either in a steam sale or bundled with my next graphics card.

It's a pre-order, no money has been taken yet so they can just cancel the order and if someone did complain considering they paid nothing they're owned nothing.

Doubt they'll just give the game away in the end, it's not like Origin where it was better for EA to keep people on their new platform. So reason Sony or CD Projekt won't just cancel the orders.

Don't plan on buying it at all, it's one of those games what I'll get either in a steam sale or bundled with my next graphics card.

I theoretically should be getting it free as I bought a GTX 970 card, Ireland is not included in the affected countries rebate programme though....

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    I theoretically should be getting it free as I bought a GTX 970 card, Ireland is not included in the affected countries rebate programme though....

That's happened to me before, just get onto them and they might give it to you.

That's happened to me before, just get onto them and they might give it to you.

Might chance my arm so!

I bought from HW reversand though, don't know I'd that makes a difference....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Anybody got a spare planetside 2 code? Or know how i could get one tonight?

Friend is still waiting on his,both of us have spare time tonight so hopin he can get one from somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

EoinHef wrote: »
    Anybody got a spare planetside 2 code? Or know how i could get one tonight?

Friend is still waiting on his,both of us have spare time tonight so hopin he can get one from somewhere.

Sent you a PM there, Have a code and can't see me getting time to try it properly.

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

RedXIV wrote: »
    Sent you a PM there, Have a code and can't see me getting time to try it properly.

Enjoy!

You sir are a gent,thank you very much. When he gets his code ill gladly pass it on.

Silly question time, but like i said before, i've been out of this for a while.

Did Little Big Planet 3 for the PS4 definitely come with an instruction book?

'cause i turned the place upside down, and cannot find mine....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Games don't come with proper instruction books no more. So no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Had a weird problem with my Ps4 at the weekend, bought a new TV a few weeks ago and hooked up the PS4 to it on Saturday to try it out...display wasnt working, kept getting static on the screen but nothing else. Tried changing HDMI ports and cables, brought it back into the bedroom where it was before and there was no issue. Changed the resolution to auto brought it back inside, same thing, repeated and tried 720p \ 1080i \1080p and changed the refresh and RGB settings, same problem. Eventually after looking at youtube videos and booting it into safe mode about 5 times it started working.

Funny thing is, I had this problem before with my old TV when I first got my PS4 and just put it down to the telly being fairly old.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Silly question time, but like i said before, i've been out of this for a while.

Did Little Big Planet 3 for the PS4 definitely come with an instruction book?

'cause i turned the place upside down, and cannot find mine....

Games these days generally have the manual either embedded within the game itself (i think if you press the PS button you should see an option for "instructions") or through hand holding tutorials at the start of the game

• Advertisement

RedXIV wrote: »
    Games these days generally have the manual either embedded within the game itself (i think if you press the PS button you should see an option for "instructions") or through hand holding tutorials at the start of the game

Actually i just watched a unboxing from sealed vid, and sure enough. No printed instructions.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement