Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

One thing I'm really impressed with is Sky Go on the PS4. It looks fantastic on my Samsung Full HD 32".

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

One thing I'm really impressed with is Sky Go on the PS4. It looks fantastic on my Samsung Full HD 32".

Does that cost extra per month ?

You just need to know the log in details for someone who has a sky account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You just need to know the log in details for someone who has a sky account.

I think they need to have a multi room subscription.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

You need either Multiroom or a Sky Go Extra sub for console use afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I cancelled my UPC TV and switched to Sky Go a year ago using my folks details and I've never looked back. I've got the cricket on at the moment and the picture is glorious. Far, far better than I'd have had I stuck with normal cable TV.

I know people moaned about Microsoft billing the X1 as an all-round media machine but for me the expectation now is that a console is a multimedia device and the PS4 manages that very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Kick Off getting a revival on PS4, 17th June

Yeah I was chatting about that with friends yesterday. Dino Dini's Goal is one of my favourite football games ever so I've high hopes for some enjoyable gameplay with this. It's cheap too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭Damien360

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Yeah I was chatting about that with friends yesterday. Dino Dini's Goal is one of my favourite football games ever so I've high hopes for some enjoyable gameplay with this. It's cheap too.

Looks like microprose soccer on the C64. Spent hours with my brother playing that, laughing all the time. Side 2 of the tape with the indoor version was great fun in 2 player.

What was the football game on spectrum 48k which was not played looking top down but from angle of 45 degrees. Impossible to tell where the ball was once it was hoofed high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Is this made by the sensible soccer crowd looks exactly the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Someone made a version of that with the Net Yaroze for PS1 called Total Soccer. Was addictive and fun as hell.

Lads, you're making me feel both sad and old.

This is made by the guy who made Kick Off, Kick Off 2 and Goal. It pre-dates Sensi Soccer by several years.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Looks a lot like World Championship Soccer (World Cup Italia '90) and I think it came out a few months before the first Kick Off game, although I know Kick Off went a lot more deeper with its mechanics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Damien360 wrote:
    What was the football game on spectrum 48k which was not played looking top down but from angle of 45 degrees. Impossible to tell where the ball was once it was hoofed high.

Emlyn Hughes Soccer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

You need Sky Go Extra with is an extra fiver a month, I think. But it's well worth it, especially if you've the box sets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭Damien360

Damien360 wrote: »

sweetie wrote: »
    Emlyn Hughes Soccer?

Found it on youtube - Match day Soccer. I thought it looked better. Rose tinted glasses

https://youtu.be/jQ8jTOoZ8s4

Cant seem to embed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Anyone play the golf club. Think its on sale on the us store flash sale for $5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

DeSelby83 wrote: »

Is it on sale for irish store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

DeSelby83 wrote: »

It's a decent golf game yeah... If you like golf and playing it then well worth the $5...

As for question about whether it's on sale on Irish store, yes it is... For €14.99 which is a rip off when you can get it for $4.49 off the Canada store...

It's a decent golf game yeah... If you like golf and playing it then well worth the $5...

As for question about whether it's on sale on Irish store, yes it is... For €14.99 which is a rip off when you can get it for $4.49 off the Canada store...
    How do ya swing that? I know prob cant talk about it in the forum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

How do ya swing that? I know prob cant talk about it in the forum

Just google it and it will help you, not sure if I can specifically say how to make the account.. But PC Game Supply have Canada PSN codes for sale and at cost price too so it's pretty good for buying games off Canada store...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

sweetie wrote: »
    Emlyn Hughes Soccer?

That was on C64 and it was amazing to me at the time. The only game around where the ball wouldn't just go into 1 of the 4 corners of the goal. You could control the height and direction. Used to score some belters in that game :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

Besides The Golf Club,
    Pure Pool is another game that stood out in the CA/US flash sale so I grabbed it for $5.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/games/pure-pool/cid=UP2070-CUSA00328_00-UPUREPOOL0000001

The graphics look amazing and there's a snooker DLC for a fiver also.

If anyones interested in playing a bit of pool my psn name is waveformIRL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭thurlesdrunk

Doge wrote:
    Besides The Golf Club, Pure Pool is another game that stood out in the CA/US flash sale so I grabbed it for $5.

Doge wrote:
    The graphics look amazing and there's a snooker DLC for a fiver also.

Doge wrote:
    If anyones interested in playing a bit of pool my psn name is waveformIRL

Also grabbed that, will add you on psn. My psn is thurlesdrunk if anyone else is up for pool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

I've put more hours into Pure Pool than any other game. Great game!!

Batesy wrote: »
    I've put more hours into Pure Pool than any other game. Great game!!

Add me for games mondo83

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

We're friends already I think. Mines Batesy2007

Do many of you guys plug headphones into the controller? I tried it last night and liked it a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Do many of you guys plug headphones into the controller? I tried it last night and liked it a lot.

Yeah I do it all the time. Great it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I disabled the sound from my remote - what depth do headphones add here over what's coming from the TV?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement