Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Taltos wrote: »
    I disabled the sound from my remote - what depth do headphones add here over what's coming from the TV?

It's much more immersive.
    For example, I remember playing Dead Space in the dark with headphones and the difference was unreal, I could feel the tension in the pit of my stomach.

Also, in online gaming, you hear the enemies footsteps more crisply,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

^ what that guy said. Much easier to enjoy something when its the only sound one hears then just having it from the tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Silverman.

What do people think of Uncharted 1 Drakes fortune on the PS4. Brilliant gameplay but the storyline is a bit repetitive. Search, climb, fight the same bad guys, repeat. I'm only half way through but nonetheless I'm enjoying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Considering the game is 9 years old it's pretty amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

I'm only after starting it but enjoying it so far. Its a bit repetitive I suppose but as Batesy said for a 9 year old game its pretty good, I was expecting it to be woeful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I'm only after starting it but enjoying it so far. Its a bit repetitive I suppose but as Batesy said for a 9 year old game its pretty good, I was expecting it to be woeful.

It can be a bit repetitive but the dialogue makes the game really. If you're planning on playing the following games I'd stick with it. Not that often video games make me laugh but Uncharted is genuinely funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I don't have the time to play through the first games... Will I be missing much going straight to Uncharted 4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I don't have the time to play through the first games... Will I be missing much going straight to Uncharted 4?

Action-wise it doesn't matter. Storyline-wise I would play the first 3 games definitely.

I haven't played Uncharted 4 yet but if any of the main characters die I will be sickened. You don't get that feeling if you didn't play the previous. Some very good backstory telling really connects you with the characters.

I can't specify enough just how well written this series is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

You can watch all the scenes from the first 3 games on youtube if you don't want to play through them but it's a few hours long in total but worth it for setting up 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

If you don't have time to play through them, I'd highly recommend watching or even listening to the cutscenes from the previous games. While the basis of the stories (what they are searching for etc) aren't essential, they do develop the characters, bonds and relationships that you would miss if you went into UC4 straight out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Anyone else having problems with PSN tonight? Internet is working fine on every other device but PSN is bollixed for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

martyos121 wrote: »
    Anyone else having problems with PSN tonight? Internet is working fine on every other device but PSN is bollixed for me.

Am online now with no issues.
    Plenty of people playing different games/netflix from what I can see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

F1ngers wrote: »
    Am online now with no issues.
    Plenty of people playing different games/netflix from what I can see.

Just tried the app and that's working so it must be something to do with my PS4. Should get it sorted easily enough.

EDIT: Used Google DNS setting and it's fine now.

callaway92 wrote: »
    It can be a bit repetitive but the dialogue makes the game really. If you're planning on playing the following games I'd stick with it. Not that often video games make me laugh but Uncharted is genuinely funny.

Still working away at this, and work is all I'd call it at this stage. Getting pretty bored but determined to finish it off. Puzzles are all fairly easy, its just wave after wave of the same enemies over and over followed by a bit of platforming. Having said that the story is good and I'm amazed how well it looks for such an old game.

As an aside, is the uncharted series dark in general or what? When I'm in a dark area I can't see anything. As in I'm running around randomly hoping to find the next area. Its extremely annoying and I've changed the brightness settings to the max.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Still working away at this, and work is all I'd call it at this stage. Getting pretty bored but determined to finish it off. Puzzles are all fairly easy, its just wave after wave of the same enemies over and over followed by a bit of platforming. Having said that the story is good and I'm amazed how well it looks for such an old game.

As an aside, is the uncharted series dark in general or what? When I'm in a dark area I can't see anything. As in I'm running around randomly hoping to find the next area. Its extremely annoying and I've changed the brightness settings to the max.

I'm pretty sure you can turn your flashlight on when it's dark.

Fakman87 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you can turn your flashlight on when it's dark.

D'oh! Didn't even know I had one, I do briefly remember there being one at the start of the game now that you mention it. Not my finest moment this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

D'oh! Didn't even know I had one, I do briefly remember there being one at the start of the game now that you mention it. Not my finest moment this.

Is it not an automatic thing that it turns on in dark areas?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Yeah, pretty sure it's automatic, you can't turn it on yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Just play Uncharted 2 first. 1 & 3 are good but not worth going out of your way for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭sok2005

Just bought a PS4 and the unchartered games 1-4. I've played through the first one and am almost finished the 2nd, it's so superior to the first. Story line is extremely inviting, I've been staying up way too long each night because it's so engaging. Disappointed to read that the third game isn't much to ring home about. Does it improve with the fourth installment then?

• Advertisement

The 4th is the best of the series by far but 2 will always be special to me, great game.

I'd rate them from best to worst as 4,2,1,3. I just found 3 as rushed and sloppy in terms of gameplay, AI and glitches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭sok2005

With regards to other games for the PS4 what should I be looking out for?
    Some of my favourite games of all time would be Zelda, Final Fantasy series, Resident Evil series, GTA, Fable etc.
    I like a good story with nice visuals. Skipped the PS3 (had to get a WiiU for my kids) but had a PS2 and a PS1 in my youth.

Pick up GTAV, Resident Evil Remastered and The Witcher 3.

petes wrote: »
    Is it not an automatic thing that it turns on in dark areas?

In that case it must be my TV. I'm on chapter 10 I think but the fortress chapter a while back had me almost throwing the controller at the screen trying to find my way out of a few dark areas. Not that I think of it I had similar problems with the order.

sok2005 wrote: »
    Some of my favourite games of all time would be Zelda, Final Fantasy series, Resident Evil series, GTA, Fable etc.
    I like a good story with nice visuals. Skipped the PS3 (had to get a WiiU for my kids) but had a PS2 and a PS1 in my youth.

The Last of Us.

Pick up Journey too.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

What are peoples opinions on the this PS4.5 thats supposed to be coming out, do you think many of you will opt for it?

rogercross wrote: »
    What are peoples opinions on the this PS4.5 thats supposed to be coming out, do you think many of you will opt for it?

There's a good thread here answering that question:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057577305

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

* The Last of Us.
    * Bloodborne.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Disgaea 5
    The Witcher
    Diablo 3
    Overwatch
    Dragon Quest Heroes
    Tales of Zestiria
    Salt and Sanctuary

For some that have not been mentioned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Witcher 3.

Gta v.

That'll keep you going till

Deus ex mankind divided and Kingdom come deliverance is out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement