Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

In that case it must be my TV. I'm on chapter 10 I think but the fortress chapter a while back had me almost throwing the controller at the screen trying to find my way out of a few dark areas. Not that I think of it I had similar problems with the order.

Must be, always was an automatic thing with the torch, bit of a pain not being able to find your way around :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

petes wrote: »
    Must be, always was an automatic thing with the torch, bit of a pain not being able to find your way around :)

Just tried it on the other TV and seems much brighter, had a play around in the settings of my main TV and think its some gimmick Samsung have on their TVs where there are a few settings for certain things. Switched settings and it seems better though the outside areas don't look as nice anymore. Problem solved anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Beefy78 wrote: »
    The Last of Us.

Pick up Journey too.

Second that on Last Of Us, found it hard to get into it at the start but as soon as I did I didn't want to put it down, was even left disappointed when I cleared it (not with the game, but that it was over), probably the best PS exclusive I've played.

As for Journey, it's a game I really wanna play but don't like playing indie games on console, I'd love it if it came out on the Vita though.

Just tried it on the other TV and seems much brighter, had a play around in the settings of my main TV and think its some gimmick Samsung have on their TVs where there are a few settings for certain things. Switched settings and it seems better though the outside areas don't look as nice anymore. Problem solved anyway.

I had the same problem with Tomb Raider Definite Edition on my telly, had a setting called "True Black" or "True HD Black" just switched that and it helped, strangely that was the only game I've ever experienced problems like that, U1 was perfect for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

Has anyone ever had their licenses expire for their ps plus games?

It happened me this month when I renewed ps plus on my canadian account.

I usually use my Irish account for buying PS Plus, i think this was my first time paying for it with the canadian account.

There is now a lock appearing on all the ps plus games I have, excluding this months 2, and If I try to play them it says I must purchase them.

I have tried the Renew Licenses option but it does nothing.

I havent bought ps plus every month, but i havent went longer than 3 months without it id say.

Bit of a waste of time paying for ps plus if sony can take the games away from you whenever they feel like it.

Ive searched on google and it seems people have got nowhere with support, and the FAQ contadicts the reality of the situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Second that on Last Of Us, found it hard to get into it at the start but as soon as I did I didn't want to put it down, was even left disappointed when I cleared it (not with the game, but that it was over), probably the best PS exclusive I've played.

As for Journey, it's a game I really wanna play but don't like playing indie games on console, I'd love it if it came out on the Vita though.

I think I understand where you're going with the comment about Indie games but honestly I'm not sure how much Journey would work on Vita. When I play I stick the headphones in and the lights down - it's all about immersion into that huge, grand World for three hours. for me it needs the biggest screen you can find to play it on.

Just my opinion though.

Doge wrote: »
    Has anyone ever had their licenses expire for their ps plus games?

It happened me this month when I renewed ps plus on my canadian account.

I usually use my Irish account for buying PS Plus, i think this was my first time paying for it with the canadian account.

There is now a lock appearing on all the ps plus games I have, excluding this months 2, and If I try to play them it says I must purchase them.

I have tried the Renew Licenses option but it does nothing.

I havent bought ps plus every month, but i havent went longer than 3 months without it id say.

Bit of a waste of time paying for ps plus if sony can take the games away from you whenever they feel like it.

Ive searched on google and it seems people have got nowhere with support, and the FAQ contadicts the reality of the situation.

You will need to buy plus for both accounts, so if you bought it for your Irish account but not Canadian your Canadian Plus games won't work and vice versa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Bought a PS4 the other day and am about 10 chapters in Uncharted. Good game. I also bought Doom so thats up next.

So, whats next? Is GTAV worth picking up given I have ran through it a few times on the PS3?

The Witcher looks a must buy. Bloodbourne also. The Division looks the absolute ****s, but is that an online only game? If so I would be a bit apprehensive as any time I have tried online shooters I have been murdered over and again within moments of logging in.

Obviously for me then will be AC Unity and Syndicate. Loved the ACs on the 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

If you've played GTAV to death on PS3 I wouldn't bother unless you're going online. The Online on the PS4 is definitely better and your account carries over.

As per above, if you've enjoyed anything about Uncharted then pick up The Last of Us.

Weirdly I never got into TLOU on PS3. Wore my patience bare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Rocket League is excellent. If you are willing to have another MP shooter in your life, Overwatch is the most fun I have had in a long time, actually since Rocket League!

I'm a big fan of the Hotline Miami's too, though you have already played them on PS3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

gimmick wrote: »

Bought it when it came out for the PS4. Never read any reviews etc. but knew it was extremely highly regarded. Thought it was good but no where near the game of the forever that some have elevated it to.

It's well made but there were niggles throughout. e.g. Why is the game prompting me to hold down a button to check out an event. Half-Life 2 demonstrated techniques on how to draw the players focus years before it. Those puzzley bit with ladders and such were so obvious and simple that I just found them irritating. Again HL2 physics puzzles were way ahead of them. And the thing is I'm not HL2s biggest fan. Don't get me wrong TLoU did a ton of things right, it's just other parts felt so outdated and unworthy of the developers clear ambition. If I had to give it a number it'd be a solid 8 out of 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,760 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

gimmick wrote: »

Just my two cents, I found that the first time I tried playing also. Picked it up again recently and completed it, I found the second half gets a lot more interesting and has won me over.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I never could really get into the Uncharted games and stayed away from TLOU on the PS3 because of it, but got a free copy of it from a friend for the PS4, I must say it's probably in the top 3 PS4 games for me enjoyment wise, it was such a surprise how good it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Really loving Tabletop Racers (free on plus this month), bang of old-school Micro Machines off it

Cheers for all that. Now - The Division? Is it online only or can you play your own campaign like in COD?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

It's an online only game in that you can't play offline - you can attempt the campaign missions solo but it wouldn't be the easiest! It makes it very easy to matchmake though, I played through most of it with random team mates.

Thanks. It looks absolutely incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 chunkydave

duploelabs wrote: »
    Really loving Tabletop Racers (free on plus this month), bang of old-school Micro Machines off it
    Played the hell out of it over the last few days. Just need one more trophy for platinum (I think its to EMP an enemy tracking missile). Its a great little game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Has anyone ever received a refund for a digitial game from Sony? I bought Himtan Intro pack a few days ago but getting constant disconnect errors from Hitman servers. At best, I can Retry and get back into the game. At worst, it boots me to the main menu and have to start the mission again. Happening 4-6 times an hour and making me turn off the game to play something else. It's a great game but unplayable in this state. I tried offline mode but it's missing all the features that makes it so good. Damn stat tracking always online for a single player game.

Square Enix sending me an email with troubleshooting steps but I've a feeling after our chat, they are gonna blame my internet connection which definitely is not the case.

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    Just tried the app and that's working so it must be something to do with my PS4. Should get it sorted easily enough.

EDIT: Used Google DNS setting and it's fine now.

Square Enix just told me to use Google DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and see if I still get disconnection errors. Will test tonight but never heard of that as a fix before, your post gives me some hope though.

Edit: After adding that DNS, my 43mbs has gone up to 64mbs......on a 50mb line :pac:

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Square Enix just told me to use Google DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and see if I still get disconnection errors. Will test tonight but never heard of that as a fix before, your post gives me some hope though.

Edit: After adding that DNS, my 43mbs has gone up to 64mbs......on a 50mb line :pac:

Are you on Horizon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Are you on Horizon?

I am, it's there something I should do because I'm having those issues too?

Are you on Horizon?

Vodafone. I left the game run on its own for 30 minutes a while ago and no error popped up where it should have happened about twice so looks good so far. Will test it for a couple of hours tonight.

Go to settings, new network connection and choose custom. Choose default for all except dns. Set primary dns to 8.8.8.8 and secondary to 8.8.4.4. Run a network test then to make sure all is okay and what speed you're getting on psn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It might be down to NAT settings with UPC. When I connect over wifi I get NAT3 but with a wired connection it goes to NAT2 which is not good. NAT3 is better but my wifi is a stable as me after 20 pints. I don't know how to manually change NAT settings with UPC but I could with Eircom as the router had that setting option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Vodafone. I left the game run on its own for 30 minutes a while ago and no error popped up where it should have happened about twice so looks good so far. Will test it for a couple of hours tonight.

Run a test using the Terminal on your PC.

Type Ping -n 8.8.8.8 and let it run for 30 mins or that. It'll show you your MS ping and any difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

It might be down to NAT settings with UPC. When I connect over wifi I get NAT3 but with a wired connection it goes to NAT2 which is not good. NAT3 is better but my wifi is a stable as me after 20 pints. I don't know how to manually change NAT settings with UPC but I could with Eircom as the router had that setting option.

Nat 2 is better than 3,if you want Nat type 2 over wifi you have to assign the PS a static IP and forward the relevent ports. Make sure UPNP is on in the router settings also.

I remember when the PS3 came out,certain games just wouldnt work online if you had a Nat type 3. Pro Evo being the worst offender,couldnt play online at all until the correct ports were forwarded and got it to Nat 2.

Not that I know of, but when I used my PS4 on my girlfriends horizon wifi it couldn't even connect even though the signal strength was 85+% and the odd time it did it would only last about 10 mins at most, I'm pretty sure there's plenty of people who have connection issues with PS4's and Horizon.

• Advertisement

I'm pretty sure you just enter the IP Address into a browser and use the Admin User login, but I've tried that on UPC to no avail, even tried a DMZ didn't help at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement