Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It's just Horizon in general, not the PS4's problem. The Horizon boxes are woeful tat, sooner VMI replace them the better. If you have Horizon and want to use wifi you are better off buying another router and bridging them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Not that I know of, but when I used my PS4 on my girlfriends horizon wifi it couldn't even connect even though the signal strength was 85+% and the odd time it did it would only last about 10 mins at most, I'm pretty sure there's plenty of people who have connection issues with PS4's and Horizon.
    This might be a conspiracy theory but I think upc purposely restricted the wifi on the horizon box, once your not on 100% signal strength no matter what device it has trouble working properly.
    Personally I think they made it like that when the speed increased so much that one connection was fast enough to give wifi to an entire apartment block so there wouldn't be lots of sharing connections with your neighbours and splitting the bill.
    Yes I'm wearing a tinfoil hat and my y fronts as I type:-|

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

iamtony wrote: »
    This might be a conspiracy theory but I think upc purposely restricted the wifi on the horizon box, once your not on 100% signal strength no matter what device it has trouble working properly.
    Personally I think they made it like that when the speed increased so much that one connection was fast enough to give wifi to an entire apartment block so there wouldn't be lots of sharing connections with your neighbours and splitting the bill.
    Yes I'm wearing a tinfoil hat and my y fronts as I type:-|
    P.s they will give you a different router if you contact them. The only way I got the ps4 upstairs working properly was through home plugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭eoinpower02

Have 8 euro on my account anything worth getting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

duploelabs wrote: »
    Really loving Tabletop Racers (free on plus this month), bang of old-school Micro Machines off it

Thanks for the tip on this. Downloaded it a while ago and love it. Yeh it's very similar to Micro Machines, cool throwback.

This be gone on 1st June so?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

callaway92 wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip on this. Downloaded it a while ago and love it. Yeh it's very similar to Micro Machines, cool throwback.

This be gone on 1st June so?

It will be there till the 6th of June, but you will always be able to play it if you keep your Plus paid up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Have 8 euro on my account anything worth getting

Pure Pool is good fun. I think it's €7.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Xenji wrote: »
    It will be there till the 6th of June, but you will always be able to play it if you keep your Plus paid up.

Brilliant thanks. Could be a fun multiplayer game I'd imagine if I had a few over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

I bought the snooker DLC tonight and had great fun playing with a friend.

Everything about the game is real smooth and the graphics are incredible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Pure Pool is good fun. I think it's €7.99

Is it any better than that free to play pool game on PS4? Hustle kings I think it's called.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

gimmick wrote: »
    Bought a PS4 the other day and am about 10 chapters in Uncharted. Good game. I also bought Doom so thats up next.

So, whats next? Is GTAV worth picking up given I have ran through it a few times on the PS3?

The Witcher looks a must buy. Bloodbourne also. The Division looks the absolute ****s, but is that an online only game? If so I would be a bit apprehensive as any time I have tried online shooters I have been murdered over and again within moments of logging in.

Obviously for me then will be AC Unity and Syndicate. Loved the ACs on the 3.

If you haven't played Shadow of Mordor on PS3 then I'd definitely recommend it for the ps4. Very like Assasins Creed in the gameplay. However I never got on AC but I loved Shadow of Morodor. Can probably be got for very cheap now as well.

Another game I loved is Dying Light. 1st person Free running Zombie game and can probably be got for cheap as well. There's a good 30+ hours in it and there's a new dlc out recently. Very enjoyable game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Do try out Dying Light if you get a chance, very good game and the recent DLC pack adds so much more and even improves the textures of the base game. It's a great laugh in multiplayer too and I'm not a fan of online gaming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

There is a demo for Dying Light so you can at least try it first but totally agree that it is a brilliant game especially the following DLC. Also if you have set up a Canadian PSN account , Dying Light the Following Enhanced Edition which includes all the DLC is only €33.60

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Is it any better than that free to play pool game on PS4? Hustle kings I think it's called.

It's in a different league than Hustle Kings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Has anyone been getting weird connection issues with uc4 multiplayer. All my other games work fine online but when i play uc4 i get the connection issue symbol popping up on screen every 15 seconds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I put in the Uncharted 4 disc and there's a nice little hum from the PS4, I put in TLOU and it's a loud vibrating noise.

I put in the Uncharted 4 disc and there's a nice little hum from the PS4, I put in TLOU and it's a loud vibrating noise.

What model do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Mine does that as well, and I have one of the new models, the metal gear solid 5 one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Has anyone been getting weird connection issues with uc4 multiplayer. All my other games work fine online but when i play uc4 i get the connection issue symbol popping up on screen every 15 seconds

I got disconnected in a game a few times, was so close to ranking to Platinum 2 level then I ended up losing 40 points because I got disconnected, really frustrating when that happens wouldn't mind if it was unranked so much ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Mine does that as well, and I have one of the new models, the metal gear solid 5 one.

I have the Destiny one, UC4 sends it mental, and MGS V does also...

Seems to be only certain games for me....

• Advertisement

TLOU in places used to cause my launch console to sound like a jet engine at times, but since I got the custom MGS console everything is whisper quiet, you would not know it's on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Xenji wrote: »
    What model do you have?

It's the new 1TB console. When I put in the Uncharted 4 disc it's loud for a few seconds but then settles down and is quiet enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Mine was fine with Last of Us beside being on the main menu, it was The Witcher that made mine sound crazy and the noise it made playing Planetside 2 was insane I deleted the game straight away cause I literally thought my console was going to blow up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Downloaded Witcher III earlier, looking forward to getting stuck into it when the missus goes to bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Downloaded Witcher III earlier, looking forward to getting stuck into it when the missus goes to bed.

You'll be still there when the missus wakes up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

duploelabs wrote: »
    You'll be still there when the missus wakes up

She has already told me to sleep in the spare room tonight!

:pac:

I've heard nothing but good things about it anyway so hopefully it lives up to my expectations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I wish I could enjoy TW3 afresh again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Beta for the Tomorrow Children is on store, size is 2.9GB and doesn't start until June 3rd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Beta for the Tomorrow Children is on store, size is 2.9GB and doesn't start until June 3rd

Really wanted to get into that but couldn't. Might not be my type of game but interested to hear what others think about it

• Advertisement

Looking forward to trying it out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement