Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Yep also not Dark souls 3

****ing my destiny raiding right up, and bungie think it's them as well so no one know

Red X beside your profile name, if you set yourself to appear offline and then back it starts to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Anyone having trouble logging into PSN this morning? Trying to redeem a code on my phone but can't access the store at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Isn't Dead Island Riptide not on the disc for the PS4 but a download code due to them not being able to put multiple multiplayer games on one disc

Game arrived today, yeah Riptide and Retro Revenge have to be downloaded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Have a bit of a problem

The sound when playing GTAV is gone, not working whatsoever. It works on the intro up until the game starts, and then nothing. Deleted the game and reinstalled it and still nothing.

No other game is broken like this, anyone know of anything that could be wrong or could there be a fault with the disc? Has no scratches on it so I'm thinking it isn't that but nothing else explains it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,329 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Have a bit of a problem

The sound when playing GTAV is gone, not working whatsoever. It works on the intro up until the game starts, and then nothing. Deleted the game and reinstalled it and still nothing.

No other game is broken like this, anyone know of anything that could be wrong or could there be a fault with the disc? Has no scratches on it so I'm thinking it isn't that but nothing else explains it

Have you looked at the sound settings in the pause menu to make sure the SFX and Game volume hasn't been turned to 0.

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Have you looked at the sound settings in the pause menu to make sure the SFX and Game volume hasn't been turned to 0.

Yep, all is on fully. The only noise we ever got was some static heading up a mountain once, nothing else the whole time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,329 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yep, all is on fully. The only noise we ever got was some static heading up a mountain once, nothing else the whole time.

That's really strange. And every other disk plays though the TV fine?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    That's really strange. And every other disk plays though the TV fine?

Yep all other games work fine, both the digital ones and the physical ones

Must be a problem with the disc itself, it got plenty of use when it first came out so I'll chalk it down to that

Must be a problem with the disc itself, it got plenty of use when it first came out so I'll chalk it down to that

I have seen quite a few people with audio issues with GTA V, the problem is that they happpen both physically and digitally and I have no seen any real fix for them.

Xenji wrote: »
    I have seen quite a few people with audio issues with GTA V, the problem is that they happpen both physically and digitally and I have no seen any real fix for them.

Better hope CEX take it off my hands in that case

Mad how the game is holding value so well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Games dont run from the disc,there installed onto the hard drive these days. Has the audio type been changed, ie from stereo to dolby or surround or something like that?

It may be the game is putting out the audio in a format not supported by your tv/monitor. Only thing i can think of!

EoinHef wrote: »
    Games dont run from the disc,there installed onto the hard drive these days. Has the audio type been changed, ie from stereo to dolby or surround or something like that?

It may be the game is putting out the audio in a format not supported by your tv/monitor. Only thing i can think of!

No didn't do a thing with the sound on either tv or ps4

Worked fine before, mind it's 6+ months since I played it, so maybe some of the updates did something

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Can you buy games digitally on amazon? I am new to this online retail craic. Just don't want to deal with disks anymore.

I know I can on psn but I would prefer amazon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Lads I'm hopelessly addicted to Witcher 3.

I've plowed in almost 30 hours and feel like I've only scratched the surface.

Its feckin massive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭Damien360

Can you buy games digitally on amazon? I am new to this online retail craic. Just don't want to deal with disks anymore.

I know I can on psn but I would prefer amazon

No. XB1 has download codes on Amazon. PS is from PS download only. Easy to do. I set a password request before purchase for anything that is not free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

There are PSN games/dlc on Amazon but only games (from Amazon UK) work on Irish accounts, £ credit and UK playstation plus only work on UK accounts. Not many games there but most popular DLC, but prices are practically the same as PSN no real sales on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Lads I'm hopelessly addicted to Witcher 3.

I've plowed in almost 30 hours and feel like I've only scratched the surface.

Its feckin massive.

The new expansion pack is supposed to be massive too.

The new expansion pack is supposed to be massive too.

Hearts of Stone took me about 16 hours, while Blood and Stone took around 30 hours, only season pass I have bought and has been well worth it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just brought riptide, hope its fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Just brought riptide, hope its fun.

I looked at it loads, let us know if it is :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Doom. Cannot get my head aroud it. Far too bloody difficult. Its on adverts now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Is the Sony Gold headset worth €85, or are they other, better alternatives, before I head down to Argos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

I got mine for €60 when I got the console and I love it, even at €85 I think it's a very good headset for the price.

I think I've seen it in Smyths on sale at one stage but I missed it. Ive a fiver off voucher for Argos, so maybe €80 is grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Grayditch wrote: »
    I think I've seen it in Smyths on sale at one stage but I missed it. Ive a fiver off voucher for Argos, so maybe €80 is grand.

I have used it for almost 2 years with no issues (most of the PS4 Destiny Clan are the same, the VSS is pretty good).

But be careful of how aggressively you open/close the hinges as they are delicate and the weak plastic can crack

I was looking into treating myself to a new headset (around christmas) a while back and had ~€250 odd to spend.

Ended up convincing myself out of it when all the reviews and stuff basically read like:
    Astros - Cost €300 - Value 9.5/10
    Turtle Beach - Cost €250 - Value 9.75/10
    PS4 2.0 - Cost €85 - Value 9/10

• to note:

Credit to Sony for keeping the Sony headset app up to date also (With game updates for slot 2 of the headset)

Nice one. I picked it up today anyway. I think it'll help with Overwatch a little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Grayditch wrote: »
    Nice one. I picked it up today anyway. I think it'll help with Overwatch a little.

Make sure you have VSS active, it helps a LOT with me in Destiny (since I mute the music, so I can hear where the enemies are etc). Check is there an Overwatch setting on the PS App for the headset

• Cormac... wrote: »
    Make sure you have VSS active, it helps a LOT with me in Destiny (since I mute the music, so I can hear where the enemies are etc). Check is there an Overwatch setting on the PS App for the headset

I never used the VSS button. Must give it a try. I know there was a recent Doom update for the app

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Are these actually worth 85 bob?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement