Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I didn't do it just for the trophy, I started them because they were part of the game and only finished them for the sake of the trophy.

Ergo, you did them all for the trophy..... If you want to do things for a virtual trophy, that's totally fine, just don't complain about having to do them when you didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

astonaidan wrote: »
    would you recommend gaming in general with a headset, never thought to get one, but since the baby arrived playing all my games on mute with subtitles :o

I got these, cheap and do the job just fine.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01CTNQ4HI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and only approx €30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Ergo, you did them all for the trophy..... If you want to do things for a virtual trophy, that's totally fine, just don't complain about having to do them when you didn't.

Cool bud ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

While we're on the topic of headphones and headsets, I use a pair of Sennheiser HD-380 Pros which are very comfortable as the cushions fit around the ears, not in the ears, there is also a headset version called the PC-350.

For anyone who is using their favourite headphones but would like to use a non USB mic with them, I bought this 4-pole splitter cable from some ebay seller in West Meath last week, its a Polish Brand in retail packaging and seems a decent quality cable:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301901530556?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

301901530556-0.jpg

I plug my headphones in one of sockets, and a clip on mic in the other socket, and the other end plus into the Dualshock 4 controller.

The same cable works on most smart phones and ipads also.

Handy oul yoke if you want to use a mic with your favourite headphones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

My PS4 controller seems to not want to connect to any PS4 right now... I brought it to my mates to connect so that wouldn't work, then when I came home it worked with my PS4 however I later then decided to hook it up to my laptop to play Move or Die... Little did I know this would make the controller stop working for everything except the PC...

No troubles with it working with PC but can't for the life of me connect it to PS4 I even removed it from being connected to PC and also reset it and booted off laptop but sometimes it shows that it's connected to something even though the PC is turned off and the PS4 is the only one that is powered on...

Anyone experience anything like this? I don't use software to connect to my PC as it seems to just work when you connect with bluetooth... Any help would be much appreciated as I really want to get back to playing Uncharted 4 online (have Rocket League on PC so can play it)..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I think it has a reset button beside the right screw on the back, did ya try that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Have you tried resetting the connection from the DS4 to the PS4 with a USB cable?

Connect them up then press the home button, it should work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Grayditch wrote: »
    I think it has a reset button beside the right screw on the back, did ya try that?

Yeah tried that several times still no luck...
    Glico Man wrote: »
    Have you tried resetting the connection from the DS4 to the PS4 with a USB cable?

Connect them up then press the home button, it should work.

Yeah tried that also, when I connect it to the PS4 the PS4 recognises it and charges the controller but then when I click the home button it connects to something random, could be my laptop but even when turned off it still shows the bright white light which appears when you press the home button as you are signing then it should turn blue once you get signed in...

Wonder if restoring PS4 would help but I think last time I done that it deleted everything off my hard drive and I really don't want to download 450GB on a 5MB connection...

I posted here a few weeks back about a similar thing happening to my cousins mate's controller he bought from Cex, it would charge when plugged into the PS4 but wouldn't do anything else, I'm sure most people here thought I was taking the piss but he brought the controller back and got a different one which worked fine so I doubt it's your PS4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I posted here a few weeks back about a similar thing happening to my cousins mate's controller he bought from Cex, it would charge when plugged into the PS4 but wouldn't do anything else, I'm sure most people here thought I was taking the piss but he brought the controller back and got a different one which worked fine so I doubt it's your PS4.

Cex dont check controllers for any faults just check to see if buttons etc feel ok. Buy in cex and you could be buying any issue

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Clear Hearts

Bought a tv in Argos today, brought it home and there is a crack on it, ruined my whole night planned of finally having a good tv since I moved out of home :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Bought a tv in Argos today, brought it home and there is a crack on it, ruined my whole night planned of finally having a good tv since I moved out of home :(

There's always tomorrow night :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Clear Hearts

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    There's always tomorrow night :cool:

Well I have a hour drive to galway then back, then Ireland game then gym for 2 hours then dinner so will be 10 before I get on it, by then the wife will want attention :(

Well I have a hour drive to galway then back, then Ireland game then gym for 2 hours then dinner so will be 10 before I get on it, by then the wife will want attention :(

It's a tough life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Well I have a hour drive to galway then back, then Ireland game then gym for 2 hours then dinner so will be 10 before I get on it, by then the wife will want attention

Just show her this post...be grand...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Ok. I signed up to PS Plus, uploaded my Uncharted save data, deleted all of my additional saved games (leaving only my original). When I went back into the game, all of my stats have reset. No treasures. No journals, no bonus points (I had over 180) and none of my bonuses are installed (I had slow mo, unlimited ammo and a few golden guns purchased). I can still choose any chapter but everything else has reset. Jesus H Christ.

Did I delete all of my statistics when I deleted the additional saved games? The only thing I can think of is that when I created a new game earlier and chose to bring over my treasure and other stats from the previous game, all of these were deleted when I deleted this new save game just now. I thought my stats would stay regardless of how many saves I created??

Can anyone help? Do I have to start all of my treasures/journals etc again???

I tried downloading my uploaded save game but still nothing. I assume the treasures/journals/bonus points etc were all linked to one of the saves I deleted? It's strange as I can still select any chapter with my original save but all the collecting has been reset to zero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Some games have a file for each individual game save and then another general one for application data and saved settings. Maybe you deleted the application data one by accident and that contented the details for what you're missing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Finally bit the bullet and installed a 2TB hard drive and it was so easy I'm annoyed I didn't do it before. Only pain in the arse now is having to download two years worth of games through the slow arsed PSN speeds.

Finally bit the bullet and installed a 2GB hard drive and it was so easy I'm annoyed I didn't do it before. Only pain in the arse now is having to download two years worth of games through the slow arsed PSN speeds.

So what will that hold, maybe 1 arcade game? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

MiskyBoyy wrote:
    So what will that hold, maybe 1 arcade game?

Would that even hold the OS?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Looking to upgrade my 500gb drive to a 2TB

Any advice with brands etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Have a quick read from the end of this thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057533800&page=4

I've always gone with Samsung drives myself in the past with the PS3 and 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I installed this recently: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Expansion-Portable-External-Drive/dp/B00TKFEE5S/ref=pd_bxgy_147_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=58WS8N0RT084PJCZNZKC

Maplin and PC World both stock them but they won't beat the Amazon price. You can be gentle when opening the case and use it to house the 500GB you remove.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Literally replaced mine with that hard drive last night and it was easy. Took about 20 mins in total and now I have all the room I need on my PS4 and a 500gb external drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Have a quick read from the end of this thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057533800&page=4

I've always gone with Samsung drives myself in the past with the PS3 and 4.

Definitely a plus one with Samsung here. Installed a 2tb drive myself end of last year, made a mess of the hard drive back up (something got corrupted, messed up the whole thing). Only lost one or 2 games files that I was annoyed about though so wasn't the end of the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Just paid €5 for Hardline on the store,2 mates have as well. Probably a waste of money considering my feelings on BF4 but hopefully get a few hours out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Surely the campaign is worth a fiver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

EoinHef wrote: »
    Just paid €5 for Hardline on the store,2 mates have as well. Probably a waste of money considering my feelings on BF4 but hopefully get a few hours out of it.

Thanka for the tip. That's a steal at that price.

Do Sony every distribute a comprehensive list of the various bargains they have on offer? It seems that I'm always either missing or nearly missing a huge discount on one thing or another.

Pickpocket wrote: »
    Thanka for the tip. That's a steal at that price.

Do Sony every distribute a comprehensive list of the various bargains they have on offer? It seems that I'm always either missing or nearly missing a huge discount on one thing or another.

They're on the main screen of the Store, or else go into Store>Menu>Deals & Offers.

Could also check here, people post the latest PlayStation bargains whether there digital or physical deals http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057233086/320/#post100062432

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

They're on the main screen of the Store, or else go into Store>Menu>Deals & Offers.

Could also check here, people post the latest PlayStation bargains whether there digital or physical deals http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057233086/320/#post100062432

Ah nice one. Cheers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement