Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 johnk2015

Anyone know any decent deals at the moment on PS4? I was looking at Christmas and there seemed to be better deals / better bundles. Looked at the usual shops today and didn't see any deals that stood out.

Definitely need GTA5, so would prefer if the console could be bundled with that if it has to be bundled with a game.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

You might want to wait for the PS4 neos, unless your desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 johnk2015

You might want to wait for the PS4 neos, unless your desperate.
    I could, but it isn't coming until October and I'm guessing they'll be charging "new gen" prices that I won't want to pay. I'm not all that bothered about 4k - won't even be using the console on a 4K TV.

johnk2015 wrote: »
    I could, but it isn't coming until October and I'm guessing they'll be charging "new gen" prices that I won't want to pay. I'm not all that bothered about 4k - won't even be using the console on a 4K TV.

Well its only gonna be 400 odd at most (I mean, it'd be silly not to) and I don't doubt there'd be lots of good deals on for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

johnk2015 wrote: »

It's only 4k upscaled gaming and 4k bluray support. You won't be missing out not having a 4k TV. Games will still be 1080p native as they have to work on the base PS4 system too.

• Advertisement

Whatever happened to Asemblance, wasn't it supposed to be released some time in May. There has been no word on it since. Google throws up nothing new about it.

Edit: Never mind just dug up some news, it got pushed back to June 21st.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

This trailer though....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Anyone think that PS4 neo might have backwards compatibility, or maybe a 2TB hard drive? If so I'd definitely get it. If not I'm just going to buy a 2TB hard drive for my original one.

With what the PS3? I doubt it, probably be 1TB id be suprised if it was 500GB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Anyone think that PS4 neo might have backwards compatibility, or maybe a 2TB hard drive? If so I'd definitely get it. If not I'm just going to buy a 2TB hard drive for my original one.

As in backwards compatibility with PS3 or earlier? Then no, not a chance.

I'd wager it'll have a 1TB drive tbh

At least a 1TB hard drive, I'd say. Maybe 2 SKU's with different HD sizes like MS with the Xbox One S.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

They make more money from having it NOT backward compatible so I'm gonna guess with that option.

Still no sign of PS Now, need more servers for us to connect to with Virgin Media 120Mb/240Mb/360Mb broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

eddhorse wrote: »
    They make more money from having it NOT backward compatible so I'm gonna guess with that option.

Still no sign of PS Now, need more servers for us to connect to with Virgin Media 120Mb/240Mb/360Mb broadband.

it's not a matter of that but the two machines been completely different architectures, the ps3 had a completely custom processor also called the cell microprocessor. Even the servers for PS Now are running original PS3 hardware to run the games that are streamed. This was also the reason the PS3 cost so much and also the reason it failed in the eyes of many.

SharpCoder wrote: »
    This was also the reason the PS3 cost so much and also the reason it failed in the eyes of many.

Yet the PS3 went on to sell more units than 360 over the consoles life cycle. It lost the sprint but it won the marathon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

This trailer though....:rolleyes:

That hurt my eyes!!

Its probably not worth them making the PS3 BC now, with so much stuff even being remastered or it has been, and PS now. How many people actually use that feature on Xbox One anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Cant speak for all Xbox One users but I use the BC a lot, have bought 4 or 5 titles in the last few weeks and the free games have been decent. Impatiently waiting for Red Dead :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,329 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Its probably not worth them making the PS3 BC now, with so much stuff even being remastered or it has been, and PS now. How many people actually use that feature on Xbox One anyway.

I sold my 360 when I bought the One but I've Dark Souls 1 and Stick Of Truth that I'm dipping in and out of at the minute. Also have all the Gears of War and a few others, just to many games and to little time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭TNT2k_

maximoose wrote: »
    Cant speak for all Xbox One users but I use the BC a lot, have bought 4 or 5 titles in the last few weeks and the free games have been decent. Impatiently waiting for Red Dead :mad:

Wasn't BC of red dead breifly leaked a few months ago and pulled again?

That obviously means that a remaster is in the works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I'm enjoying Star Wars Battlefront but 49.99 for all the DLC? Argh. Want it but too dear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

TNT2k_ wrote:
    Wasn't BC of red dead breifly leaked a few months ago and pulled again?

Yup and those who managed to download it can play it by setting their console to offline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

maximoose wrote: »

There is no denying it is a cool feature, but it would end up like Steam for me, a whole libary worth of game and barely any of them getting played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I'm enjoying Star Wars Battlefront but 49.99 for all the DLC? Argh. Want it but too dear.

I found that Battlefront gets boring pretty quickly. I glad the VR Mission will be free for Battlefront owners though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Doge wrote: »
    I found that Battlefront gets boring pretty quickly. I glad the VR Mission will be free for Battlefront owners though.

Im loving it at the moment. Was enjoying the free weekend of Outer Rim but feel cheated now its off again. Just released Bespin too.

The only thing id like to see is a bit more customisation for player models. Create a character would be unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I have two accounts on my PS4 - EU and US.

I bought Assassin's Creed Syndicate physically during the week, and I see that the 'Jack the Ripper' DLC is slashed in price on the US PSN store. I want to get it, however I'm not sure if it'll be playable on my normal EU account.

I buy the PS2 games from the US store and they do work on my EU account because they're all on the same console. Can this apply to DLC as well?

For the record, this method does work on the Xbox One - both me and my brother share a Season Pass for Fallout 4 - but I can't seem to find any reliable sources that say it works for PS4 as well.

Hope I'm not being a pain with this but thanks in advance regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Pretty sure you gotta get the DLC from the same region you got the game.

I brought TLOU from US store . Later I purchased some weapons on the Irish store (forgot I got the game on the US store) and they wouldn't work. Had to get them from the US store.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Yeah you need to get the DLC from the same region, both for digital and physical games, buy a US game, you need to use the US store for any DLC that you buy or comes with the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Thanks lads.

I'm actually after realising that Jack the Ripper is on sale over here as well, I must've missed it. So my question is pointless however it's good to know in future. Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anyone get Deadlight? Very tempted but not sure if I should wait for a sale maybe. 20 euro atm on psn store.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Think I saw that on Amazon.co.uk for about 13 pound, a bit cheaper than PSN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I have two accounts on my PS4 - EU and US.

I bought Assassin's Creed Syndicate physically during the week, and I see that the 'Jack the Ripper' DLC is slashed in price on the US PSN store. I want to get it, however I'm not sure if it'll be playable on my normal EU account.

I buy the PS2 games from the US store and they do work on my EU account because they're all on the same console. Can this apply to DLC as well? NO, while it's all region free and will play on any system the different region DLC isn't compatible with a different region of the game

For the record, this method does work on the Xbox One - both me and my brother share a Season Pass for Fallout 4 - but I can't seem to find any reliable sources that say it works for PS4 as well.
    If you buy it on your EU account and then set a PS4 to home console then all accounts can play it on that PS4, and then if you use your account elsewhere as long as it has a internet connection to check license it can play. Issue only occur when you buy it on a third account other than your EU account. In this case you can set the same PS4 as home and everyone can play on this but to access the content elsewhere you'd need to be playing on the third account you bought it on

Hope I'm not being a pain with this but thanks in advance regardless.

I buy the PS2 games from the US store and they do work on my EU account because they're all on the same console. Can this apply to DLC as well? NO, while it's all region free and will play on any system the different region DLC isn't compatible with a different region of the game

If you buy it on your EU account and then set a PS4 to home console then all accounts can play it on that PS4, and then if you use your account elsewhere as long as it has a internet connection to check license it can play. Issue only occur when you buy it on a third account other than your EU account. In this case you can set the same PS4 as home and everyone can play on this but to access the content elsewhere you'd need to be playing on the third account you bought it on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement