Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

cloud493 wrote: »
    You do, but you also have to deal with the 90% of cretins that populate adverts. Cex is handy, and you can just check prices online.

Personally, adverts.ie is the best place for selling new games. You'll get about 15 euro extra compared to trading in during the first few weeks.

People on adverts.ie can be morons but so can people on other sites, even boards.ie - worse in fact because the likes of boards.ie doesn't have a feedback system. Someone might seem like a nice person on here and then rob a game from someone. On adverts.ie, you can get their team to interject.

So for a new game, Adverts.ie followed by CeX then HMV/Smyths and finally Gamestop.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Someone might seem like a nice person on here and then rob a game from someone. On adverts.ie, you can get their team to interject.

The adverts.ie guys don't interject and have no power to. I've been sold dogy stuff on adverts before and the only help they gave me was to call the police when I was sold stuff that didn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The adverts.ie guys don't interject and have no power to. I've been sold dogy stuff on adverts before and the only help they gave me was to call the police when I was sold stuff that didn't work.

The same happened to me. I recieved a postal order and sent the game before I cashed it. The postal order had a "stop" put on it. Lesson learned for me. Luckily the game was only worth €20.

Advice from Adverts was to call the Gardai. I'm in Cavan. She was in Laytown, Co. Meath so I doubt much would be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Lemlin wrote: »
    Advice from Adverts was to call the Gardai. I'm in Cavan. She was in Laytown, Co. Meath so I doubt much would be done.

I'm only up the road...

Send me her address and I'll gladly leave a lump of flaming shïte on her door.... :)

Before I get banned, mods, tis a joke....

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

does Singstar work without the stupid singstar mics? I read that you should use an Ipod as a mic but I'm not sure. Do the mics in the controllers themselves work?

Thanks in advance for the help people. I really do appreciate it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭lertsnim

does Singstar work without the stupid singstar mics? I read that you should use an Ipod as a mic but I'm not sure. Do the mics in the controllers themselves work?

Thanks in advance for the help people. I really do appreciate it

You can use a phone (or an iPod) in conjunction with the Singstar app so no need for a proper microphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

lertsnim wrote: »
    You can use a phone (or an iPod) in conjunction with the Singstar app so no need for a proper microphone.

puuuuuuuuuurfect ;D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

When looking for a game in the Playstation Store on PS4 is there nowhere I can type in the name of the game to search for? All I can see is the ability to select a letter, but that just shows a few titles then you have to scroll the entire alphabet to get to the rest. I have to be missing something obvious?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Andrew76 wrote: »
    When looking for a game in the Playstation Store on PS4 is there nowhere I can type in the name of the game to search for? All I can see is the ability to select a letter, but that just shows a few titles then you have to scroll the entire alphabet to get to the rest. I have to be missing something obvious?
    Select first letter then press right to get next letter and so on

• Registered Users Posts: 29,819 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah it's crazy you can't just search by typing in a name Since you can do it fine in the online store and through the app.

• Advertisement

Select first letter then press right to get next letter and so on

Nice one thanks! After selecting the first letter I was pressing right straight away rather than scrolling up or down for the next letter.
    sheehy83 wrote: »
    Yeah it's crazy you can't just search by typing in a name Since you can do it fine in the online store and through the app.

Yeah I was expecting a keyboard to appear once I clicked into the Search box, not an alphabet. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Andrew76 wrote: »

I prefer to use the web store when searching for something.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is shovel knight out this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Is shovel knight out this week?

Wednesday, highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Anyone know if Shovel Knight will also be released on VITA this week? I'm more inclined to play that on that then on the PS4.

Anyone know if Shovel Knight will also be released on VITA this week? I'm more inclined to play that on that then on the PS4.

It will be released on PS4, PS3 and Vita this week.

Otacon wrote: »

Nice one it's cross-buy, will defo have to pick that up so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Am very tempted for the telltale bundle on offer this week:

Telltale bundle

This bundle includes five critically acclaimed series by Telltale Games:

- The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season
    - The Walking Dead: Season Two
    - The Wolf Among Us
    - Tales from the Borderlands (Episodes 1-2 available now, Episodes 3-5 to be released periodically)
    - Game of Thrones – A Telltale Games Series (Episodes 1-3 available now, Episodes 4-6 to be released periodically)

You must download the individual episodes for Game of Thrones and Tales from the Borderlands from the PlayStation®Store, as they become available.

Its €40 as opposed to €100

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Otacon wrote: »

That's a shame. I was looking forward to playing tonight.

• Advertisement

That's a shame. I was looking forward to playing tonight.

It is available now via the webstore (at least in the UK it is)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I got Helldiver's last night and I'm tempted dying light if its still on sale.

Found this website that lists all games that are discounted on the store
    https://psprices.com/region-ie/discounts?platform=PS4&sort=date

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

DC has been €25 for Plus members for a good while now, at least a few months.

DC has been €25 for Plus members for a good while now, at least a few months.

Forgot about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Had Shadow of Mordor in my amazon cart for ~30 euro, but it's 25 on psn (with psplus discount) now, I think I'll go for it

e: Whoops, that's the ps3 edition. Ps4 is 35, maybe I'll stick with Amazon so

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

RedXIV wrote: »
    Am very tempted for the telltale bundle on offer this week:

Telltale bundle

Its €40 as opposed to €100

Got this awhile ago myself. Worth every cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I had Metal Slug 3 in my cart yesterday but it has since disappeared.

Did anyone else see it on the store or am I going crazy?

• Advertisement

Just finished ac black flag there, truly enjoyable game, ship combat is awesome once you get use too it and I think I prefer it too unity which was also a class game :) don't think I can be arsed go for the platinum though :-/.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement