Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Anyone get Deadlight? Very tempted but not sure if I should wait for a sale maybe. 20 euro atm on psn store.

Great game but I wouldn't pay 20 for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

I'm finding this with a few Indies now I want to play, Gone to the Rapture, Firewatch, Gone Home (thank **** that went to ps+ and I got to play that absolute gem) and now this. 20 is a bit too much for a couple of hours gameplay where the same games can be half price or less on PC. I think if these were 15, I'd be all over them but the 20 just puts me off.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I'm finding this with a few Indies now I want to play, Gone to the Rapture, Firewatch, Gone Home (thank **** that went to ps+ and I got to play that absolute gem) and now this. 20 is a bit too much for a couple of hours gameplay where the same games can be half price or less on PC. I think if these were 15, I'd be all over them but the 20 just puts me off.

€2.39 on Steam :pac: (Historical low €1.19)

:eek: It's been a looooooong time since I booted up Steam on my laptop but might actually check out the specs for some of the indies. My integrated graphics card might actually be able to play some. Worth a gander at least at that price.

Edit: Life is Strange - 1.99 & This War of Mine - 4.74. Both games I want to get on PSN but are 20 quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Ep1 is 2.99, season is 9.99, its been about that on console sale before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Some redditors Steelbook collection.

XA8CelC.jpg

Thanks for the heads up on that one man. I reinstalled steam, paid my 2 euro and playing Deadlight with no issues. Now to go hunting through the steam sale for similar games that will run on my laptop.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone pick up Technomancer? Its getting battered by reviewers, its looks cool though, reminds me of Mass effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

I reckon it'll be a PS+ game in a few months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

PSN down?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

That_Guy wrote: »
    PSN down?

https://status.playstation.com/en-ie/

No, going by the status website.

There has been a surge of reports right now: http://irishoutages.com/problems/playstation-network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Is prison architect out today? Has anyone played it? Heard good things about it on the pc

I'm really not sure how well Prison Architect will move from keyboard and mouse to a controller!

Seems to be doing alright on XB1 but personally much prefer it with KBM myself alright.

I haven't played it since it was Early Access on Steam - should really give it a go again. It was good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

I've been having this problem with my PS4 that whenever I put a disc it says unrecognised disc. I have to remove the disc a few times before it actually reads it. The thing is that it only happened to the Battlefield 4 disc but now it's all games. The same thing happened with my PS3. Am I doing something wrong or am I just unlucky? Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,329 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

GerB40 wrote: »
    I've been having this problem with my PS4 that whenever I put a disc it says unrecognised disc. I have to remove the disc a few times before it actually reads it. The thing is that it only happened to the Battlefield 4 disc but now it's all games. The same thing happened with my PS3. Am I doing something wrong or am I just unlucky? Cheers

Are you putting them in upside down;)

Could be some dirt blocking the reader though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Are you putting them in upside down;)

Could be some dirt blocking the reader though.

I'm dreading taking it apart to clean it out but that seems to be the only way to fix it. And yeah, I usually put them in the right way:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

GerB40 wrote: »
    I'm dreading taking it apart to clean it out but that seems to be the only way to fix it. And yeah, I usually put them in the right way:)

You might post a video of you cleaning it afterwards. It'll either be informative or worth a giggle.
    Really need to attempt this myself but may as well cut out a few hours of frustration and just buy a new one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone try technomancer?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Anyone try technomancer?

Avoid it for now and wait for it to get a good drop in price, everything about it is mediocre, but it is one of those RPGs that still has something about it that makes you want to finish it despite its plentiful flaws.

Xenji wrote: »
    Avoid it for now and wait for it to get a good drop in price, everything about it is mediocre, but it is one of those RPGs that still has something about it that makes you want to finish it despite its plentiful flaws.

I was thinking that too, its not a bad rpg but it has frustrating elements to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Anyone know if Argos will be selling the White consoles again, disappeared off their site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

As I'm new to PS4 and a big Assassins Creed fan i said I would continue chronologically with the releases. So I bought Unity. I am reluctant to say that it is on a par with AC3. Its leaving me cold. Its just boring :mad:

Heading down to CEX at lunchtime to cash in on Uncharted while its value is still high, so will try pick up something for the weekend there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

gimmick wrote: »
    As I'm new to PS4 and a big Assassins Creed fan i said I would continue chronologically with the releases. So I bought Unity. I am reluctant to say that it is on a par with AC3. Its leaving me cold. Its just boring :mad:

Heading down to CEX at lunchtime to cash in on Uncharted while its value is still high, so will try pick up something for the weekend there.

Have you played the Last of Us? If not. Get it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Alot of people rate Assasins Creed Syndicate pretty highly too , haven't played it myself bu t it might be worth checking out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Alot of people rate Assasins Creed Syndicate pretty highly too , haven't played it myself bu t it might be worth checking out

Quality game and very enjoyable.

Would highly recommend it, it thankfully brings the series back from the awful and drab AC:U.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I must one of the very few who actually liked Unity :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

gimmick wrote: »

Get Bloodborne and three new DualShocks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement