Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Has anyone got a link to a video about cleaning your ps4 that they have followed. There are so many out there but I would like one that I trust some here has followed. Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ac unity wasnt all that bad, i enjoyed it, syndicate was a better game though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I said I'd go back to Unity after I finished Syndicate... I finished Syndicate but didn't want to leave :P I still have Jack the Ripper to start.

I don't know if I'll bother going back to play Unity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

And errror CE-32930-7

PS4 is ****ed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Varik wrote: »
    And errror CE-32930-7

PS4 is ****ed

https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/get-help/help-library/error-codes/ce-32930-7/

Drama queen :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Am I the only AC fan here, dying to see a release being set in Japan during the height of the Samurai era?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

dudeeile wrote: »

Won't be able to download Destiny in time to buy my scout rifle.

Like I said it's all ****ing ****edy ****ed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Am I the only AC fan here, dying to see a release being set in Japan during the height of the Samurai era?

I think a Japanese style AC would be cool, but I'd love to see an Eygptian setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Uncharted and AC are two series I could never get into.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I couldn't get into the Last of Us the first time I played it.
    Started a new game a couple of nights ago and I am hooked. What a game. I know I'm late to the party, but it really is a masterpiece.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I just can't get into any third person games. I think the last one I really enjoyed was MGS on the PS ... but that wasn't really a tps .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I think a Japanese style AC would be cool, but I'd love to see an Eygptian setting.

Now that would be class alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I just can't get into any third person games. I think the last one I really enjoyed was MGS on the PS ... but that wasn't really a tps .

GTA???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Busted my second PS4 joypad in 5 months, anyone know where the cheapest place to get one, online or instore Dublin?. Argos had a blue one for €49 the other day but it's back at 60 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

duploelabs wrote: »
    GTA???

No. Not for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

Grayditch wrote: »
    Busted my second PS4 joypad in 5 months, anyone know where the cheapest place to get one, online or instore Dublin?. Argos had a blue one for €49 the other day but it's back at 60 now.

Amazon is your best bet I'd say, about €45:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-DualShock-Controller-Black/dp/B00BF6D63Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467589863&sr=8-1&keywords=dualshock+4

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

I couldn't get into the Last of Us the first time I played it.
    Started a new game a couple of nights ago and I am hooked. What a game. I know I'm late to the party, but it really is a masterpiece.

Funny that you should say that. I got it on the PS4, played a bit and thought meh... I'll pass thank you very much, then ignored it for 6 months and eventually went back to it and absolutely fell in love with it, finished it twice in fact.

I think the biggest barrier with TLoU, which is a game I loved, is that if you remove the story, then it's a pretty bog standard third person game, with arena combat scattered throughout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I think the biggest barrier with TLoU, which is a game I loved, is that if you remove the story, then it's a pretty bog standard third person game, with arena combat scattered throughout.

Still one of my favourite games but I get what you mean. I always think of it as a series of horribly stressful events linked together by a really good story.

And that's it's greatest strengths - the characters and story. And both are incredible, but there's nothing really revolutionary about it, I don't think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I think you're doing it a disservice saying it's a bog standard third person game when you remove the story.

It's one of the few games that is really intense and visceral. A bog standard third person game is just a cover shooter and I really feel like TLOU has more to offer than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,152 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I've never really gotten the "Well if you remove X, then the game isn't as good" arguments (not just about The Last of Us, but in general).

Yes, if you remove a key component of something, it's not as good. That's why that key component is there. The story and characters add so much weight to the gameplay that it enhances the gameplay, which I think is pretty damn solid anyway. The lack of ammo/weapons, the different enemies, the level design... All these things imo make it far more than a "bog standard third person game".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

tok9 wrote: »
    I think you're doing it a disservice saying it's a bog standard third person game when you remove the story.

It's one of the few games that is really intense and visceral. A bog standard third person game is just a cover shooter and I really feel like TLOU has more to offer than that.

I agree.

I can't think of another game that combines cover shooting and survival horror elements as successfully as TLOU.

Then there's some of the environmental puzzles, and while they're not particularly taxing, they do mix up the gameplay in a way that a "bog standard third person" game wouldn't.

There's the crafting and weapon upgrades. They're not very deep, but they add an RPG(ish) element to the game, again something you won't find everywhere.

Then there's the pacing. That's obviously tied to the story but a good story doesn't automatically create a well-paced game. Uncharated 4 had a good story, for that type of game, but it had some very jarring pacing issues.

So I think there's a lot more to The Last of Us than the story.

And while we're on the subject of 'bog standard third person' games, can anyone name a few examples? I don't doubt they exist. In fact the new Resident Evil shooter seems to fit the bill. But I don't think they're as common as they once were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The level design to facilitate stealth play was particularly brilliant the in the chapter you play as Ellie in the alpine lodge place. Not to mention the fantastic multiplayer.

The Warriors is out on PS4 now for €15, one of my favourite games from the PS2 era.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/the-warriors/cid=EP1004-CUSA03548_00-SLES534430000001

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,267 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Meant to ask, but do people who own it on PSN already get a discount?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Meant to ask, but do people who own it on PSN already get a discount?

The Warriors? I don't think so, I'm sure the 'PS2 on PS4' Games are a completely different release to the previous digital versions of the same game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,267 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Won't bother then. Haven't played yet, but have it on PS2 and PS3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Looking for a PS4 with second controller... is 399.99 the best price available for this or any other deals available at the moment?

• Advertisement

• ItsHoggie wrote: »
    The Warriors is out on PS4 now for €15, one of my favourite games from the PS2 era.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/the-warriors/cid=EP1004-CUSA03548_00-SLES534430000001

Trophies??? Can't view link at the moment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement