Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Xenji wrote: »
    The EU release was delayed by two weeks due to a PEGI issue, it should be up when the store updates next week.

So it looks like I'll be buying that and Kerbal next week so. I couldn't find any info about a delay on it anywhere, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I have a 42 inch 4K tv, and I can definitely notice the difference. Obviously I don't have a lot of 4K specific content yet, but it looks nicer than standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I wonder how the controls are going to work for Kerbal,seems a more suited to a KB&M to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I have a 42 inch 4K tv, and I can definitely notice the difference. Obviously I don't have a lot of 4K specific content yet, but it looks nicer than standard.

Against another 42" at 1080p using a cloned 4k signal?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

duploelabs wrote: »
    Against another 42" at 1080p using a cloned 4k signal?

I only understand half of that sentence.

• Advertisement

EoinHef wrote: »
    I wonder how the controls are going to work for Kerbal,seems a more suited to a KB&M to me.

Yeah it will be interesting alright. Just want to experience it on the big screen sitting back on the couch than hunched over my gaming laptop.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So it looks like I'll be buying that and Kerbal next week so. I couldn't find any info about a delay on it anywhere, thanks.

Was thinking of getting Kerbal myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,803 ✭✭✭Evade

Has anybody downloaded the Ni-Oh demo? My ps4 won't let me... when I click on it the download option is not there ?
    It was only available for a few weeks. I get a message at the main menu saying it's play period has expired.

I wouldn't be surprised if the beta releases soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

There will be another Ni-oh demo 'beta' in August

What time does the store update, thought it was 12 noon?

• Advertisement

Well it looks like Kerbal and Asendence have been cancelled for this week. No explanation for the delay given either.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

As posted in the PS Bargains thread, A lot of Indies on sale today. Can't afford them all, especially after just getting Dex last night, but can anyone recommend the top 2 out of the below? I think Journey is a must?

Journey - €5.49
    Firewatch - €12.99
    Everybody's Gone to the Rapture - €8.99
    Hotline Miami 2 - €4.99
    Sheltered - €7.04

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Stuck in 2 minds, purchase Street Fighter V + Battleborn for €50 or purchase Overwatch Origins Edition for €63 ...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Stuck in 2 minds, purchase Street Fighter V + Battleborn for €50 or purchase Overwatch Origins Edition for €63 ...

Overwatch :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    As posted in the PS Bargains thread, A lot of Indies on sale today. Can't afford them all, especially after just getting Dex last night, but can anyone recommend the top 2 out of the below? I think Journey is a must?

Journey - €5.49
    Firewatch - €12.99
    Everybody's Gone to the Rapture - €8.99
    Hotline Miami 2 - €4.99
    Sheltered - €7.04

journey and firewatch are great. EGTTR is also very good, its been cheaper on us store though.
    anyone play Ziggurat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Any word on the neo specs yet?

Way too quiet from Sony on that front seeing as its supposed to launch this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

If you like street fighter games I'd definately pick up Street fighter V. It has got a lot of bad press and rightly so to a certain extent as it launched with bare bones to say the least.

However now there is a full story mode and more so it's well worth picking up.

I've not played Overwatch or Battleborn so can't comment there.

I will absolutely be picking up hotline Miami 2 for €4.99

I was waiting for a price drop. The first one was so ****ing tight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Dungeons and dragons game claims it's free in the trailer, but the game costs €20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Way too quiet from Sony on that front seeing as its supposed to launch this year

The later they announce them, the longer they can put off the sales drought they'll have on regular PS4s up to the Neo launch.

JamboMac wrote: »
    Dungeons and dragons game claims it's free in the trailer, but the game costs €20

Could be a F2P title but the €20 cost is for the extras, such as weapons or coins to make the game easier for the player... Usually the case with the F2P games anyways, not sure if it's the same for this one

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Was surprised to see that Furi is free on ps plus as it only released last week I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Anyone try the Kill Strain game on PS Plus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Was surprised to see that Furi is free on ps plus as it only released last week I think.

It's one of the free playstation plus games for this month along with saints row gat outta hell

Announcement of the PS4 Slim and the Neo at TGS Tokoyo Game Show in September for launch in October. Why announce early and hurt sales like MS did with the X1 Slim. Stores can't shift them as it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Is Overwatch on sale???

RedXIV wrote: »
    Is Overwatch on sale???

Well it's on sale for €63 in Argos which is still a bit expensive... Turns out I don't have enough for it now, so may settle for Battleborn instead then get Overwatch shortly after...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Soma is only €6.49 in the store (€4.09 with +), I highly advise everyone to get it but it's seriously creepy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

duploelabs wrote: »
    Soma is only €6.49 in the store (€4.09 with +), I highly advise everyone to get it but it's seriously creepy

That on the IE store? Pops up as €5.15 with plus for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Current best guess from the press is TGS and Sony may announce it as 'available now' there. Can't remember who but an interviewed Sony exec commented on how effective that tactic was when used by Apple. As others have said, this also does not hurt current PS4 sales as the general public are still unaware of the Neo.

• Advertisement

It was Andrew House that said that the Apple tactic was best as it didn't leave people waiting too long. He was in shock that MS announced the Scorpio while still being 18 months out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement