Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,460 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Well it's on sale for €63 in Argos which is still a bit expensive... Turns out I don't have enough for it now, so may settle for Battleborn instead then get Overwatch shortly after...

Actually €58 in Littlewoods of all places lol. Can't believe they've beaten Argos for a game price! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

duploelabs wrote: »
    Soma is only €6.49 in the store (€4.09 with +), I highly advise everyone to get it but it's seriously creepy

SOMA has such a fantastic story too, definitely one of my favourite sci fi stories in a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

duploelabs wrote: »
    Soma is only €6.49 in the store (€4.09 with +), I highly advise everyone to get it but it's seriously creepy

Ah Jaysus I never heard of this but sounds right up my alley. Just got Sheltered for 7 quid but looks like I'll have to try this. €28.49 down to €5.14 sounds like some bargain! Everybody's gone to the Rapture and Firewatch might just have to wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

martyos121 wrote: »
    Actually €58 in Littlewoods of all places lol. Can't believe they've beaten Argos for a game price! :pac:

le yoink!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Battleborn is 16.73 on Amazon.de

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

So the baby pulled the dongle from my headset out of the PS4 and for all i know ate the bloody thing. Any options lads or am i shopping for a new headset?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

martyos121 wrote: »

Just purchased there using the credit, hopefully I don't get raped when I am paying it back over time...

@weiland this might be useful - https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/35ejcy/psa_you_can_pair_your_sony_gold_wireless_headset/

Maybe you just need a bluetooth dongle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

weiland79 wrote: »
    So the baby pulled the dongle from my headset out of the PS4 and for all i know ate the bloody thing. Any options lads or am i shopping for a new headset?

Go through nappy contents for 2/3 days is one option :)

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭ShakerMaker91

Anyone play Soma is it worth getting? its dirt cheap on the store now at €5.14

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,644 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Anyone play Soma is it worth getting? its dirt cheap on the store now at €5.14

Scan back a few posts....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Fooking playstation store being stupid when I'm trying to buy alienation :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭ShakerMaker91

was browsing through the store there and I'm downloading a free game called Hawken it looks like Titanfall anyone hear anything about this game??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

My ps4 cant be fixed apparantly even though I thought it was just replacing HDMI port...cheapest place to buy a new one anybody?

was browsing through the store there and I'm downloading a free game called Hawken it looks like Titanfall anyone hear anything about this game??

Just did the same, yet to try it yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Not like Titanfall but a mech game, I've played a few games and for free it's good, maps are sweet with some scope for vertical attacks. Its best played as a team or at least in a group that sticks together.

You can progress without paying, I've a couple of mechs and upgrades purchased but you can be competitive from the off. As I said teamwork is key here, team shoting and flanking is the way to succeed. You can repair your mech during the match so it's always nice having someone cover you for those few seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I'm looking to upgrade my PS4's hard drive from 500Gb to 1Tb....is it easy enough to do? What are the recommended hard drives to buy? Any help appreciated, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I'm looking to upgrade my PS4's hard drive from 500Gb to 1Tb....is it easy enough to do? What are the recommended hard drives to buy? Any help appreciated, thanks.

If you're going to upgrade you might as well make it 2tb. They can be got cheap enough. 70 ish often less

There's a thread in this sub describing the process

I got one of these sucka's, take 2TB out and slip the 500GB back in.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Expansion-Portable-External-Drive/dp/B00TKFEE5S

Sony have a howto on their website.
    https://support.us.playstation.com/articles/en_US/KC_Article/Upgrade-PS4-HDD/

ah, I was thinking of going with one of the seagate SSHD (https://www.scan.co.uk/products/1tb-seagate-st1000lm014-25-solid-state-hybrid-drive-sata-iii-slim-6gbs-8gb-ssd-64mb-cache-pc-mac-ps4). Didn't realise you could use the external HDD for it :P thanks!

• Advertisement

ah, I was thinking of going with one of the seagate SSHD (https://www.scan.co.uk/products/1tb-seagate-st1000lm014-25-solid-state-hybrid-drive-sata-iii-slim-6gbs-8gb-ssd-64mb-cache-pc-mac-ps4). Didn't realise you could use the external HDD for it :P thanks!

Just be careful if you choose something different to what I posted, not all 2.5inch drives are the same thickness, there are 2 thickness I believe.

dudeeile wrote: »
    Just be careful if you choose something different to what I posted, not all 2.5inch drives are the same thickness, there are 2 thickness I believe.

Yeah, I think I might go with your one. 2TB for basically the same price. Easy enough to pry open that casing? Also, would you recommend backing up the downloaded PS+ games or just redownload? Don't really want to go through the torture of downloading NBA 2K16 again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Sheltered is the best 7 euro I've spent in ages! Couldn't figure where all my water was going before i realised i had been sending everyone to the shower with the littlest bit of dirt. Praying for a drop of rain while my missus is puking on the floor, dog won't stop crying for food of which we have none and all sharing the same bucket as a toilet, this is a great laugh :pac:

Yeah, I think I might go with your one. 2TB for basically the same price. Easy enough to pry open that casing? Also, would you recommend backing up the downloaded PS+ games or just redownload? Don't really want to go through the torture of downloading NBA 2K16 again

The case is easy enough, youtube will have a video I'd say, nice and easy and you'll be grand.

I just backed up the data, my connection is good so it was easier that way. You can pick individual games to backup anyway for the ones you want access to straight away.

dudeeile wrote: »
    The case is easy enough, youtube will have a video I'd say, nice and easy and you'll be grand.

I just backed up the data, my connection is good so it was easier that way. You can pick individual games to backup anyway for the ones you want access to straight away.

ah, nice one. Gonna order that external hard drive soon enough anyways. Thanks!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Sheltered is the best 7 euro I've spent in ages! Couldn't figure where all my water was going before i realised i had been sending everyone to the shower with the littlest bit of dirt. Praying for a drop of rain while my missus is puking on the floor, dog won't stop crying for food of which we have none and all sharing the same bucket as a toilet, this is a great laugh :pac:

Yes, great little game ,really enjoyed what little played of it.

Battleborn's mathmaking system is ridiculous... Every game I have played theres at least 2 players on level 100 meanwhile I am level 2 and getting killed every minute...

Having nearly platinummed Table Top Racers, has anyone any other recommendations for arcady-style racer multiplayer like TTR?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Battleborn's mathmaking system is ridiculous... Every game I have played theres at least 2 players on level 100 meanwhile I am level 2 and getting killed every minute...

That game is dying why would you buy that, overwatch killed it.

• Advertisement

That game is dying why would you buy that, overwatch killed it.

I don't really know... I ordered Overwatch aswell so waiting on it to arrive, worst comes to worse I can just sell to CEX and only lose 8euro... Enjoying the Single player campaign however so will work my way through that and try to lean how to play the game..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement