Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I'm loving Enter The Gungeon..... Class game.

Put in a lot of hours of it on the PC, great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭GatsbyGal

My husbands birthday is coming up soon and he has hinted that he would love the PS4. I've just read that a new version of it is being released later in the year. Would it be worth waiting for or would the differences in the units be negligible? Are there any good deals on it at the moment? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

GatsbyGal wrote: »
    My husbands birthday is coming up soon and he has hinted that he would love the PS4. I've just read that a new version of it is being released later in the year. Would it be worth waiting for or would the differences in the units be negligible? Are there any good deals on it at the moment? Thanks!

Do you have a 4k ultra hd tv, if not stick with the ps4. I'm sure the price difference will be probably be the biggest difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Id say the opposite,if you can wait till ths new one is released id buy that one. Its not only about 4k,hopefully games will run at better framrates too and 1080p. The 4k part is only upscaling really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

GatsbyGal wrote: »

Probably the biggest thing is how much a gamer he is. if he's dipping his toe in to something he's not very familiar with, the current one is perfectly acceptable.

If he's a gaming nut, you might be better holding out but we don't even have a release date so it's definitely not going to show up before his birthday if that's within in the next 4-6 weeks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭GatsbyGal

JamboMac wrote: »
    Do you have a 4k ultra hd tv, if not stick with the ps4. I'm sure the price difference will be probably be the biggest difference.

No, we don't have the 4k TV and will probably not buy in the near future. He has an Xbox 360 but hasn't played that in a while. His birthday is in the next 4-6 weeks so I would like to have it to give to him on the day. I was hoping to surprise him but I think I may have to ask him now if he'd be willing to wait until it's released. Thanks everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Id just get the current version and surprise him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Thank you to everyone that suggested Overwatch.. What a game...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I got that controller replaced in cex which is nice. Not annoying to play no more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Id just get the current version and surprise him.

In most cases I would tend to agree, I think I would hold out for the Neo though at this stage, considering its only out in October, at least the consoles life would be extended that wee bit and the resale value would be far bigger...

From what we know regarding specs, it's gonna be mainly upscaled 4K titles, and come in at same price as current PS4, for the sake of a couple of weeks more I would hold out, all the 1080p stuff will have way better framerates and the like, not just the 4K part...

@Gatsbygirl - could another option maybe to buy and pay off the Neo bit by bit in GameStop and then on his birthday hand him a receipt with a payed for "new" PS4 Neo...

(or whatever they call it!)

If it was me personally I'd rather that, but I'm not him so I dunno... :P

Another way to think of it - if you buy him the old one, 3 weeks later after getting it, he calls to one of his mates, play's the Neo and wonder's why his Fifa/whatever game doesn't look as slick as the one in his buddy's house... :)

Just food for thought...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Seeing this SOOOO often since the last update.
    Response from the Division people seems to amount to "not our problem", but it was fine for me before the last update. Pfft.
    I know the servers are down at this current minute in time... but this is pretty damn regular for a good while now.

mickstupp wrote: »
    Seeing this SOOOO often since the last update.
    Response from the Division people seems to amount to "not our problem", but it was fine for me before the last update. Pfft.
    I know the servers are down at this current minute in time... but this is pretty damn regular for a good while now.

Dunno if its the same thing but I'm constantly getting disconnected when playing Street Fighter 5 which is a massive pain as you need to be connected for pretty much everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I dunno wtf is going on in Journey but just
    met another one of my kind and we just flew around making music
    :)

Ep1 of Life is Strange completed and had to buy the season pass straight away, highly recommend giving ep1 a go as it's free.

Bought Firewatch but haven't tried it yet but really glad I sprung the the extra 80 cent to get the Theme with it. Best PSN theme I've seen so far.

I regret buying Dex. 20 quid and I'm completely bored with it. Will have to force myself to finish it but will sit on the backburner for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I dunno wtf is going on in Journey but just
    met another one of my kind and we just flew around making music
    :)

I think there is some sort of multiplayer in Journey where you can meet other players in the game

I think there is some sort of multiplayer in Journey where you can meet other players in the game

Pretty much a core concept in the game :)

It's pretty mind blowing when you cop it though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It's completely random who you meet and when. It's only ever one player at a time. I encountered 3 other players in my first playthrough. When you finish the game the players PSN IDs who you met will show up in the credits for that particular playthrough session.

Sometimes you will meets no one, depends how many players are online when you are.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I met the one person and went through the whole game with them. Never want back to the game again and don't feel the need to. The first time was a perfect experience.

Journey really surprised me. Thought it would be a load of overhyped crap like the last game from the same dev 'Flower'. I found that game pretty bad with awful motion controls I was fighting the whole time. Really did not get the hype. For a game described as relaxing I spent the entire time fighting with the controls.

Journey though is the real deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

That level where you are going through the snow storm is fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭Damien360

lertsnim wrote: »
    That level where you are going through the snow storm is fantastic.

Climbing the hill to your death ?

Stunning game. You really don't get it until you start reaching the end and then it all clicks together. A wow moment for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Psn down for anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

akelly02 wrote: »
    Psn down for anyone?

Playing Black Ops 3 for a while now - all good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Just finished playing Far Cry 4 and thoroughly enjoyed it. At one point I was trying to remove an eagle from my face, while dodging a Honey Badger & fighting off four Tibetan Wolves and just when I was about to breathe a sigh of relief, a sneaky tiger pounces followed by a bear attack. I barely made it out alive, but great fun altogether. It's the first Far Cry I've played and I'll be looking forward to their next release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Just finished playing Far Cry 4 and thoroughly enjoyed it. At one point I was trying to remove an eagle from my face, while dodging a Honey Badger & fighting off four Tibetan Wolves and just when I was about to breathe a sigh of relief, a sneaky tiger pounces followed by a bear attack. I barely made it out alive, but great fun altogether. It's the first Far Cry I've played and I'll be looking forward to their next release.

Primal is already out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Always surprised me that these games weren't a little more popular - proper good fun IMO!

4 is essentially just 3 in a new setting so you could always go back and play that. Im sure it must be pretty cheap at this stage - that said, it is less polished than 4 so you may not enjoy as much playing it in reverse order.

And, as another poster already said, their newest one was out earlier this year - Far Cry Primal. Same mechanics, new setting - stone age.

If you think tigers, bears and honey badgers are intense, wait for the f*cking mammoths.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Always surprised me that these games weren't a little more popular - proper good fun IMO!

4 is essentially just 3 in a new setting so you could always go back and play that. Im sure it must be pretty cheap at this stage - that said, it is less polished than 4 so you may not enjoy as much playing it in reverse order.

And, as another poster already said, their newest one was out earlier this year - Far Cry Primal. Same mechanics, new setting - stone age.

If you think tigers, bears and honey badgers are intense, wait for the f*cking mammoths.

I think number 2 was the best especially multiplayer wise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Thanks Batesy & BullBlackNova for the Primal tip, I will check it out :). But first I'm about to play Uncharted 4, which is another franchise I haven't played before. So I've no idea what to expect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Thanks Batesy & BullBlackNova for the Primal tip, I will check it out :). But first I'm about to play Uncharted 4, which is another franchise I haven't played before. So I've no idea what to expect.

I'm half way through Uncharted 4 at the minute. Stunning game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Id play the Uncharted Collection before 4 if you have not played the other 3...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Fieldog wrote: »
    Id play the Uncharted Collection before 4 if you have not played the other 3...

Yeah def worth doing.

I had only played the first game before, got the collection about a month ago and just finished up 3 / started 4 yesterday, have been loving it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Before 4, I'd only played 3, and had a brilliant time with it. Fun start to finish. I found 4 really slow moving and kinda boring. So now I'm looking at reviews and people round the internet raving about the game and thinking I'm totally missing something. Baffling.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement