Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

It is quite slow at the start, a lot of set up and cut scenes but needed it I suppose due to the story/new character they went with.

I'm only about an hour in and starting to enjoy it more now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

In (my) order of preference it would be
    2 by some distance
    4/3

4 is a good game but I feel I'm rushing through it so I can delete it from the HD and free up some space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,152 ✭✭✭✭Penn

mickstupp wrote: »
    Before 4, I'd only played 3, and had a brilliant time with it. Fun start to finish. I found 4 really slow moving and kinda boring. So now I'm looking at reviews and people round the internet raving about the game and thinking I'm totally missing something. Baffling.

It's definitely more orientated towards the story than the gameplay compared to previous Uncharted games. Less shooting, more exploring with NPCs. Plus a general criticism of the Uncharted games was how many people Drake tends to kill. U4 is far more geared towards taking people out via stealth than previous games, so even areas with enemies can feel a bit slower than before.

Some people liked the changes, others didn't. Both are valid.

Either way, it still doesn't beat Uncharted 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Picking up a PS4 due to No mans sky looking amazing! is there any games you recommend playing ? ive read a few pages back and firewatch looks great aswell, any other ''must haves'' for the Ps4?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Picking up a PS4 due to No mans sky looking amazing! is there any games you recommend playing ? ive read a few pages back and firewatch looks great aswell, any other ''must haves'' for the Ps4?

If you haven't played The Last of Us then the PS4 remastered version is a must have in the most literal way possible. If you like RPGs the The Witcher 3 is amazing, but very time consuming.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

GerB40 wrote: »
    If you haven't played The Last of Us then the PS4 remastered version is a must have in the most literal way possible. If you like RPGs the The Witcher 3 is amazing, but very time consuming.

Bloodborne, although read up on it a little if you're not familiar with the Dark Souls games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

If you're anyway into driving games then Driveclub is a must IMO. It's my go to game if I just want to chill and having the Spotify app fired up in the background makes for a great combo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Spent €85 on the Gold Headset and my God is it worth every penny. First off they look and sound like they cost €85 and the box they come in is really class. Only regret is I didn't have them while playing throu TLOU & Uncharted 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

nocoverart wrote: »
    If you're anyway into driving games then Driveclub is a must IMO. It's my go to game if I just want to chill and having the Spotify app fired up in the background makes for a great combo.

For some reason I can't buy this as I have playstation plus, does anyone know why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

duploelabs wrote: »
    For some reason I can't buy this as I have playstation plus, does anyone know why?

You have to download the free version, then upgrade to the full version if you like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Spent €85 on the Gold Headset and my God is it worth every penny. First off they look and sound like they cost €85 and the box they come in is really class. Only regret is I didn't have them while playing throu TLOU & Uncharted 4.

What's difference in the gold and the pulse elite?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

You have to download the free version, then upgrade to the full version if you like it.

It ain't there in my library

GerB40 wrote: »
    Pickpocket wrote: »
    Bloodborne, although read up on it a little if you're not familiar with the Dark Souls games.
    nocoverart wrote: »

Thanks for the suggestions, had a look and brought em, they all look great, should keep me going for a good while, just need no mans sky and ill be all set :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Thanks for the suggestions, had a look and brought em, they all look great, should keep me going for a good while, just need no mans sky and ill be all set :)

game collection have a sale till tomorrow, 11% off. Brings no mans sky to less than £40 delivered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

sweetie wrote: »
    game collection have a sale till tomorrow, 11% off. Brings no mans sky to less than £40 delivered.
    Didn't know about the sale, might buy it from them, was going to buy from PSN store as it was €60 and you got free theme and some upgrades.

Edit: Actually ending up buying it, worked out at €44

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Dying light is a very good free roaming zombie game. It's 1st person parkour and has a good story as well.

Also try shadow of Morodor. A bit like Assasins Creed and can be got for cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

Anybody interested in beta testing the PS4 4.0 firmware can signup below.

http://beta.software.eu.playstation.com/PS4Beta

If you preorder rise of the Tomb raider on the PSN store, you get tomb raider the definitive edition free, it's currently €60 on Irish store and €55 on Canadian store. Seems to be the new thing now where if you preorder you get a game free, examples are South Park, Dishonored and Telltale Batman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,460 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

If you preorder rise of the Tomb raider on the PSN store, you get tomb raider the definitive edition free, it's currently €60 on Irish store and €55 on Canadian store. Seems to be the new thing now where if you preorder you get a game free, examples are South Park, Dishonored and Telltale Batman.

Just to point out, it's usually prepay rather than preorder with these sort of deals. It means you get the free game which is great, but you could also be stuck with a bit of a turd if the new game is a letdown.

I like the idea though, anyone that prepays for a game was going to buy it regardless of reviews I imagine.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Just to point out, it's usually prepay rather than preorder with these sort of deals. It means you get the free game which is great, but you could also be stuck with a bit of a turd if the new game is a letdown.

I like the idea though, anyone that prepays for a game was going to buy it regardless of reviews I imagine.

Yeah I've noticed that, still good incentive for people who wouldn't have played the previous game of that series like dishonored or south Park

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,460 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Yeah I've noticed that, still good incentive for people who wouldn't have played the previous game of that series like dishonored or south Park

Absolutely, I own Dishonored on the 360 but haven't gotten around to it yet but I was very interested in pre buying the sequel when I heard about that offer because I'd rather play it on PS4. Didn't go through with it yet and I'm not sure if they're still running it but the point is it made me much more likely to buy their new game just for getting the old one for free.

I'm awful for buying new games and not playing them for ages though, so it might be for the best. Got Arkham Knight the day after it came out and it's still factory wrapped. :o

Absolutely, I own Dishonored on the 360 but haven't gotten around to it yet but I was very interested in pre buying the sequel when I heard about that offer because I'd rather play it on PS4. Didn't go through with it yet and I'm not sure if they're still running it but the point is it made me much more likely to buy their new game just for getting the old one for free.

I'm awful for buying new games and not playing them for ages though, so it might be for the best. Got Arkham Knight the day after it came out and it's still factory wrapped. :o

Just checked the store there and the offer is still available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,328 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

In this case Rise of The Tomb Raider has been out for 12 months so there are lots of reviews and game play videos you can check out, and its a very good game by all accounts.

I get where your coming from though with the preorder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Even when there isn't content being given there and then it's still instant payment now.

Got dlc for Destiny which was and there wasn't anything to require you pay there and then.

Haven't tried canceling any preorders since so not sure what happens as it used to be easy.

There is an Assassin's Creed Triple Pack with Unity, Black Flag and Syndicate for €49.99 (€39.99 Playstation Plus ) on sale on store for the next month. Good value for anybody who hasn't played them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

There is an Assassin's Creed Triple Pack with Unity, Black Flag and Syndicate for €49.99 (€39.99 Playstation Plus ) on sale on store for the next month. Good value for anybody who hasn't played them

Saw that this mroning, would it be a waste to pick thes eup if you havent played previous games or could you pick up the jist of things?

Saw that this mroning, would it be a waste to pick thes eup if you havent played previous games or could you pick up the jist of things?

Story wise they are not really connected to AC1 to 3 so you would be OK and gameplay wise, the 3 games are quite different, Black Flag has Ship combat , Unity has Co-Op and Syndicate has you play as 2 different characters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Worth it alone for Blackflag. Absolutely briliant game

Unity less so.

Not started Syndicate yet.

Mortal Kombat X is nagging at me to buy. Is it any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

gimmick wrote: »
    Worth it alone for Blackflag. Absolutely briliant game

Unity less so.

Not started Syndicate yet.

Mortal Kombat X is nagging at me to buy. Is it any use?

I think the likes of mortal combat is only ever any use when their is 5+ people to play it and have your little tournaments, doubt much has changed.

• Advertisement

My ps4 hasnt been dispatched yet so i can still cancel it, is it worth holding off a month for the neos announcement and potentially a price drop or the temptation of a new neo?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement