Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

My ps4 hasnt been dispatched yet so i can still cancel it, is it worth holding off a month for the neos announcement and potentially a price drop or the temptation of a new neo?

If you can live without it till then, sure? Question is how soon do you want to be playing games really :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

RedXIV wrote: »
    If you can live without it till then, sure? Question is how soon do you want to be playing games really :D

Have been wrestling with it the last couple of hours, was looking forward to playing no mans sky and bloodbourne and the rest, the faster console seems worth the wait, plus the potential price drop on the vanilla ps4 if i go that route, will just have to stare at bloodbournes disc for a month or two, have a backlog of other games to get through to keep me going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Very tempted to get the new TR. 60 quid with all dlc is a great price anyway but old TR thrown in as definitely a bonus. Anyone recommend anything from the new Summer sale? War of Mine for a tenner looks like a must. Sheltered got a bit boring but I'd say WoM would be more fleshed out?

For anyone thinking about the AC Pack, Black Flag is an excellent game, I didn't play Unity and kind of gave up on the series but picked up Syndicate in Argos for 31 euro and I can't stop playing it, definite return to roots of just fun assassin gameplay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Mmmmmmmmm Witcher 3 for €25. How does it run and look?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mmmmmmmmm Witcher 3 for €25. How does it run and look?

****ing......Awesome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    ****ing......Awesome

Nice one, I have it on PC but stopped playing when I got to the Skellige Island.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Best game on PS4 by a mile, if you ask me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just cause 3 any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Went for Rory McGolfman. Only €12.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 344 ✭✭Kobe248

Grayditch wrote: »
    Went for Rory McGolfman. Only €12.

Its decent the actual golf game

I hated the other part had no interest in it at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Psn down for anyone??

When I go to sign in the error reads

Ws-37397--9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

akelly02 wrote: »
    When I go to sign in the error reads

Ws-37397--9

https://status.playstation.com/en-GB/

iamtony wrote: »

Must be my shiite internet or something

akelly02 wrote: »
    Must be my shiite internet or something

Are you on wifi? I used to get these sort of errors but once I used wired for 1 ps4 and homeplugs for my sons neither of us has had a single complaint or error message or slow download.

iamtony wrote: »
    Are you on wifi? I used to get these sort of errors but once I used wired for 1 ps4 and homeplugs for my sons neither of us has had a single complaint or error message or slow download.

Im actually using hotspot from my phone but this is the first time its caused problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

gimmick wrote: »
    Mortal Kombat X is nagging at me to buy. Is it any use?

I picked it up recently and traded it in within 24 hours. I was concerned about the look and overall tone of the game and I was right. The graphics are excellent on a technical level but it's dark and ugly. Typical Mortal Kombat, you might say, except that it's lost its charm.

I found the level of gore and graphic violence unsettling and I'm not normally bothered by that type of thing. Also the character designs are just very boring. I've always thought that about MK but it's as if the quality of modern graphics have made it worse, i.e. incredibly detailed versions of inherently uninteresting characters.

I'm not a huge fighter fan so I have no advice about how it performs in pure combat terms. I'm someone that just likes to pick up a fighter, play a few matches, learn off a few special moves and just leave it at that.

Ultra Street Fighter IV and Guilty Gear Xrd Sign are my two favourites on PS4. Character driven games with various levels to the gameplay depending on how much you want to put in/get out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Just out of interest, for those of you that are using power line adapters with the PS4, what ones are you using? I need to pick up one for my PS4. Currently hooked up via wifi but it's dreadful, so I'm gonna try these adapters for an Ethernet connection to see if it'll fix it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Mine are years old so there might be better ones out there but I've Devolo pass through so I don't lose the socket and its one of the multi output ones, I think with 2 Ethernet ports so my TV is also plugged in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭Damien360

Just out of interest, for those of you that are using power line adapters with the PS4, what ones are you using? I need to pick up one for my PS4. Currently hooked up via wifi but it's dreadful, so I'm gonna try these adapters for an Ethernet connection to see if it'll fix it.

This is what I use. Works perfect

TP-link 4020 AV 500 from Amazon

• Advertisement

I think tp link are good but I was caught out with the first set I bought. My sockets are in the skirting boards and the the units I bought didn't have enough space to plug into the wall as the bulk of the unit was below the socket so I had to use an extension lead which didnt work well. I then sold them and bought another set that had the bulk of the unit above the socket and worked very well. Just something to look out for.

Do the ones that you guys have need to have one of them plugged into the modem or does it work by just plugging it straight into the socket? I'm looking for ones to plug straight into the socket as all the ports on the modem are taken :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Do the ones that you guys have need to have one of them plugged into the modem or does it work by just plugging it straight into the socket? I'm looking for ones to plug straight into the socket as all the ports on the modem are taken :pac:

You need a free RJ45 port on your modem. You connect a RJ45 patch lead from the modem to the power point adaptor and the same from your PS4 to the other power point adaptor.

You need a free RJ45 port on your modem. You connect a RJ45 patch lead from the modem to the power point adaptor and the same from your PS4 to the other power point adaptor.

Ah, I was thinking. Must free up some space or buy a switch for the modem then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Ah, I was thinking. Must free up some space or buy a switch for the modem then.

You can get power plugs with 2 or 3 RJ45 ports. Take one lead out of the modem, connect the power plug adaptor directly and put the lead you took out into the adaptor. No need for a switch.

I have a PS4, Xbox One and my PC all connected to the same power plug adaptor at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,267 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I have passthrough ones so you don't lose the socket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I have passthrough ones so you don't lose the socket.

I have a few of the older ones that are not passthrough and it's worth spending the extra money to free up your sockets.

TP Link a solid brand. I have pretty much everything in the house running through powerline - Sky Box, PS4, printers etc.

http://amzn.to/2atL7lM

• Advertisement

You can get power plugs with 2 or 3 RJ45 ports. Take one lead out of the modem, connect the power plug adaptor directly and put the lead you took out into the adaptor. No need for a switch.

I have a PS4, Xbox One and my PC all connected to the same power plug adaptor at the same time.

Actually never thought about that. Will give it a try, thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement