Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Stupid question. If I buy a PS4 in Switzerland, will I be able to change the language settings?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

keith16 wrote: »
    Stupid question. If I buy a PS4 in Switzerland, will I be able to change the language settings?

Yes, you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Just finished ac black flag there, truly enjoyable game, ship combat is awesome once you get use too it and I think I prefer it too unity which was also a class game :) don't think I can be arsed go for the platinum though :-/.

I got the platinum for black flag but the multiplayer trophies were a serious grind. I sold the game after but if ever it comes out as a ps plus game I might download the dlc games for black flag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Just finished ac black flag there, truly enjoyable game, ship combat is awesome once you get use too it and I think I prefer it too unity which was also a class game :) don't think I can be arsed go for the platinum though :-/.

I finally gave in and bought The Last of Us remastered a week ago, finished it on hard and thought grounded would be a bit of craic. Fúck me it's fair hard on grounded but I definitely get the hype about this game. It's excellent..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deedsie wrote: »
    I got the platinum for black flag but the multiplayer trophies were a serious grind. I sold the game after but if ever it comes out as a ps plus game I might download the dlc games for black flag.
    GerB40 wrote: »
    I finally gave in and bought The Last of Us remastered a week ago, finished it on hard and thought grounded would be a bit of craic. Fúck me it's fair hard on grounded but I definitely get the hype about this game. It's excellent..

One of the trophies for black flag is reach lvl 55 in multiplayer, ehhh no thanks , I found the multiplayer really dull .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

One of the trophies for black flag is reach lvl 55 in multiplayer, ehhh no thanks , I found the multiplayer really dull .

Yep, I think you could play it as a single player but it was ridiculously repetitive. I got the platinum for the last of us also and completed grounded + level but the multiplayer on that wasn't as bad as black flag. I don't understand why they make the multiplayer trophies so time consuming.

Deedsie wrote: »
    Yep, I think you could play it as a single player but it was ridiculously repetitive. I got the platinum for the last of us also and completed grounded + level but the multiplayer on that wasn't as bad as black flag. I don't understand why they make the multiplayer trophies so time consuming.

In the hope that you might get hooked to the multiplayer and be willing to spend a few quid on the inevitable DLC. It's all bout the money...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Word on the street is silent hill has been cancelled. Such a shame, the p.t demo was top notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

iamtony wrote: »
    Word on the street is silent hill has been cancelled. Such a shame, the p.t demo was top notch.

yeah, but isn't Kojima leaving Konami in like September anyways?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Been playing the beta for elders scrolls online. Anyone else like it?

Not too impressed myself. Was hoping for some thing more like skrym but it doesn't play right.

• Advertisement

Yeah that Del Toro lad confirmed it on twitter. (I can't even pronounce his first name let alone spell it but ya know who I mean). It's such a shame because even if another company pick it up I doubt it'll be as fúcked up as Hideo Kojima and Del Toro planned it to be. They seemed to have the same demented way of thinking which would've made Silent Hills a seriously messed up game, P.T is proof of that. Whatever happened with Kojima must've been massive for Silent Hills to be canned.

Just a heads up, P.T. is going to be taken down from PS Store so if you haven't downloaded it yet, do so. For what's basically a demo it's very very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

padair wrote: »
    Been playing the beta for elders scrolls online. Anyone else like it?

Not too impressed myself. Was hoping for some thing more like skrym but it doesn't play right.

Yep gave the first beta a try and while it was good it didn't grab me to jump back in for beta number two just last week.

Funny, I still got a "thanks for playing our beta" email from em... lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Anyone been playing the Rocket League Beta? Basically it's a fancier version of Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-powered Battle-cars. Really enjoying it, but then again I had loads of fun with the old game on PS3. Keeping my fingers crossed for another deadly theme.

SharpCoder wrote: »
    yeah, but isn't Kojima leaving Konami in like September anyways?

No idea all I know is it's a game I was looking forward to because the p.t was groundbreaking stuff and something I never experienced in a game before and I wanted more God gamn it.
    It was like a good horror film and I was the freakin protagonist who made the silly mistakes and I couldn't blame a stupid director for his actions why I died or lived.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

As far as I'm aware PT had nothing to do with Kojima and was actually a small project by a small group of newbies in Kojima studios. Still would have been nice to see what could be done if they had continued. The first silent hill was famously created by a team of misfits in Jonami that were thrown together because they were trouble on other projects and Silent Hill 2 was penned by, as Jeremy Blaustein said, the weird guy that looked like a serial murderer that sat in the corner and didn't talk to anyone. It was looking like P.t had the same sort of development environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Anyone been playing the Rocket League Beta? Basically it's a fancier version of Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-powered Battle-cars. Really enjoying it, but then again I had loads of fun with the old game on PS3. Keeping my fingers crossed for another deadly theme.

Applied for the beta, got the beta on PC a while back when it was up... Was pretty good if ya liked SARPBC... I loved that game so much and spent most of my time playing it, was so much better playing with mates too... Can't wait for the official launch, will be a day one purchase..

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭SMASH IRISH WATER

Can someone tell me where the best place to get a PS4 is? My son's birthday is coming up in June and I promised him he can have a PS4. To be honest it's more a present for me.. I don't know how many more fights I can referee between him and his older brother over who's turn it is on the XBOX One! :D:D:D

Thanks,

Sharon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Can someone tell me where the best place to get a PS4 is? My son's birthday is coming up in June and I promised him he can have a PS4. To be honest it's more a present for me.. I don't know how many more fights I can referee between him and his older brother over who's turn it is on the XBOX One! :D:D:D

Thanks,

Sharon

I believe Argos have the best price on a standalone PS4 (€339.99).

EDIT: Though Smyths have the PS4 with MineCraft for the same price in-store.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭SMASH IRISH WATER

Otacon wrote: »

Thank you. That's the best price I've seen! :)

Thank you. That's the best price I've seen! :)

The smyths one is better. Anyway how can you afford a ps4 when you can't pay your water bill:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Otacon wrote: »

EDIT: Though Smyths have the PS4 with MineCraft for the same price in-store.

If you click on special offers in Argos, you can get Minecraft with the PS4 for free so the same deal as Smyths.
    "Receive Minecraft PS4 game for free when bought with this PS4 console. Offer ends 28 April 2015".

For me, Argos should get as much PS4 sales as possible because they have really had some excellent deals and deserve to be rewarded.

Even with software, they are selling Bloodborne for €59.99 when other brick and mortar stores are €20 more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭Damien360

Lemlin wrote: »
    If you click on special offers in Argos, you can get Minecraft with the PS4 for free so the same deal as Smyths.
    "Receive Minecraft PS4 game for free when bought with this PS4 console. Offer ends 28 April 2015".

For me, Argos should get as much PS4 sales as possible because they have really had some excellent deals and deserve to be rewarded.

Even with software, they are selling Bloodborne for €59.99 when other brick and mortar stores are €20 more expensive.

Both stores have a very good returns policy should anything go wrong. Keep the box for a few months until warranty runs out. Both have been reported on boards as helpful when system is still under warranty.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone getting broken age?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Anyone getting broken age?

Yep! Looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Anybody know the number to contact the American PSN support?

Upgraded HD in PS4 and now I cant remember ANY of my American PSN account details. I had the written down but lost them when I moved :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

If you know the email you signed up with, use the "I forgot my password" feature?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

CombatCow wrote: »
    If you know the email you signed up with, use the "I forgot my password" feature?

It was a throw away email account I used. There is a way to get the email account changed but I've to contact the American PSn support but getting a phone number is a nightmare.

I've seen it been discussed so often here and elsewhere so I have to ask, what's the point in setting up an American psn account. Are games cheaper? Are they released earlier? If the pros outweigh the cons I might set one up myself but at the moment I'm clueless as to why people do it..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

I've seen it been discussed so often here and elsewhere so I have to ask, what's the point in setting up an American psn account. Are games cheaper? Are they released earlier? If the pros outweigh the cons I might set one up myself but at the moment I'm clueless as to why people do it..

The different stores in the different regions have different deals and different games.
    Just gives you more options!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Games used to be quite a bit cheaper till the Euro bottomed out, you can get games a few days earlier as well, while some never make it to the EU store.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement