Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Is there anyway to improve the download speed with Vodafone broadband? I'm getting speeds between 20-40mbs but downloads are taking hours. I know the PS4's downloads are slow but I've never had it this slow with different broadbands.

I was gonna set a static IP but that's another €6 a month so I won't even bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭Damien360

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Is there anyway to improve the download speed with Vodafone broadband? I'm getting speeds between 20-40mbs but downloads are taking hours. I know the PS4's downloads are slow but I've never had it this slow with different broadbands.

I was gonna set a static IP but that's another €6 a month so I won't even bother.

Wired or wireless ? If it is wired then you can blame Vodafone. If it is wireless then it could be location in the house for starters.

I am with virgin media and I get decent downloads from ps4 servers, much better than PS3 servers. Every so often I have to pause and restart the download but that is rare now.

Damien360 wrote: »
    Wired or wireless ? If it is wired then you can blame Vodafone. If it is wireless then it could be location in the house for starters.

I am with virgin media and I get decent downloads from ps4 servers, much better than PS3 servers. Every so often I have to pause and restart the download but that is rare now.

Sorry meant to say it's wired.

Done a speed test there and I got 71mbs (via the PS4 speed test) and I'm currently downloading GTA V which has 23gb left to download but it's saying it'll take 15 hours gone down from the 31 a half hour ago.

Done a speed test there and I got 71mbs (via the PS4 speed test) and I'm currently downloading GTA V which has 23gb left to download but it's saying it'll take 15 hours gone down from the 31 a half hour ago.

Oddly the ps4 servers are much faster when the system is on standby. Don't know why but it rockets along when I put mine in standby.

The download seems slow (although GTAV is a massive download) for the speed you should be able to achieve.

Oddly the ps4 servers are much faster when the system is on standby. Don't know why but it rockets along when I put mine in standby.

The download seems slow (although GTAV is a massive download) for the speed you should be able to achieve.

I know the usual the tricks (i.e pause then download again, rest mode) but they don't seem to make no difference.

Is there any settings I could tweak in the IP Log In page to speed things up?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Your a very lucky man to be getting those speeds, most I can is 13mb and thats on a good day with vodafone.

Your a very lucky man to be getting those speeds, most I can is 13mb and thats on a good day with vodafone.

I wouldn't be able to cope with that speed at all :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I wouldn't be able to cope with that speed at all :pac:

I can barely cope myself :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Max i can get is about 4-5 mb/s per download. Think 3 downloads is the most i can do at one time and i get those speeds on each one. Why i cant get 12mb/s when im only downloading one thing is beyond me. Downloads also require stopping/starting and network connection tests way too often.

In comparison,i can get up to 25 mb/s on steam when downloading on the exact same connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Consider yourselves lucky, there are those of us out there with a 5mb connection that just constantly lags online most of the time...

Sky is easily the worst ISP ever, my internet goes down at least 5 times a day...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Where is the best / cheapest place to pick up a second controller folks?

Just cause 3 is alot of fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Just cause 3 is alot of fun.

Watched the trailer the other day when the price dropped and while it does look like fun, hows the repetitiveness?

Edit: Went and checked out the ign review, hammered it for perforamce issues and load times but how do people find it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Loved just cause 3 for about 10 hours but just got bored then. Will get back to it but it's basically the same thing over and over just on a bigger scale. The bases start out small and end up getting massive. It's fun but gets old pretty quick. The story missions are pretty poor too. Still loved those first few hours but it's not something that you'll play forever I don't think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Just realised my backlog will take me through to January at least.

Battling through TLOU at the moment but reckon I've another 2-3 weeks in that.

Then I have Watchdogs, AC Chronicles and Syndicate. And I have to make a start in The Division as well.

And that goes without mentioning Far Cry 4, FIFA and Mortal Kombat (relented today when I saw it half price on psn store).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 344 ✭✭Kobe248

gimmick wrote: »
    Just realised my backlog will take me through to January at least.

Battling through TLOU at the moment but reckon I've another 2-3 weeks in that.

Then I have Watchdogs, AC Chronicles and Syndicate. And I have to make a start in The Division as well.

And that goes without mentioning Far Cry 4, FIFA and Mortal Kombat (relented today when I saw it half price on psn store).

Im the same had a list of games and when they go on sale I buy them so now I have to much to play

Like you I buy certain games aswell like Fifa, Madden and NBA on release days so I pretty much have a while to go before Im bored :D

dudeeile wrote: »
    Watched the trailer the other day when the price dropped and while it does look like fun, hows the repetitiveness?

Edit: Went and checked out the ign review, hammered it for perforamce issues and load times but how do people find it?
    Loved just cause 3 for about 10 hours but just got bored then. Will get back to it but it's basically the same thing over and over just on a bigger scale. The bases start out small and end up getting massive. It's fun but gets old pretty quick. The story missions are pretty poor too. Still loved those first few hours but it's not something that you'll play forever I don't think.

Hmmm yes, I'm finding myself get bored now, also having framerate issues at certain points, also I walked into a military base and jets bombing me for the first time :/.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

PSN down, the Sony site says PSN is up and running but when I do a connection test only PSN fails. Says network busy, please try again later?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I cannot connect either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

lertsnim wrote: »
    I cannot connect either.

Still same here ffs

• Advertisement

I had to accept new terms and conditions to continue but it still won't let me sign in.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/psndown?lang=en

Strange that Sony says it's all good when it clearly is not.

Back up now, had to agree to more terms and conditions for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Yeah, had to sign in manually under 'account management' and agree to new T+C's.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Been playing Abzu for most of the day, it is a gem of a game and a must have for anyone who loved Journey.

Yeah, it's basically Journey underwater, started it last night when it unlocked.

• Anyone having issues downloading the PS4 Doom patch v1.05?
    Updated GTA and then it moved to Doom and keeps failing :/

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DJ90

I see that wrc5, dirt rally, Seb leob rally are all on sale in the store. It's been ages since I owned a rally game but the question is what's the best one to go for. Online reviews would seem to show dirt rally as the best of the 3 but what do the people on here think if anybody has played any. Or what's project cars like? That looks good to for 20€

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Dirt Rally is great. I was enjoying WRC 5 but it's less polished. The Loeb one I think was developed by the people who did the previous WRC games (I think?) and they weren't good. /opinion

If you've the money and the time... I'm quite happy owning both Dirt Rally and WRC 5.

I bought Dirt Rally just 2 nights ago and love it. It is really difficult as it is a true sim racer. If you are used to crashing at 160 and suddenly find yourself back with the leaders after 10 seconds then this is not for you. It really is unforgiving but when you get it right it is class.

Drive Club is more a dip in and race game which has its merits and it looks more beautiful but it is not realistic.

The physics in Dirt Rally feel correct. Grip and braking on gravel is crap as is ice, which you would expect. When the stage is half ice and half tarmac, then you need to plan. I drive inside the car as opposed to behind and it keeps you thinking. The race notes are accurate and can be confusing when you cock up on a corner and forget the next note.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

I bought Dirt Rally just 2 nights ago and love it. It is really difficult as it is a true sim racer. If you are used to crashing at 160 and suddenly find yourself back with the leaders after 10 seconds then this is not for you. It really is unforgiving but when you get it right it is class.

Drive Club is more a dip in and race game which has its merits and it looks more beautiful but it is not realistic.

The physics in Dirt Rally feel correct. Grip and braking on gravel is crap as is ice, which you would expect. When the stage is half ice and half tarmac, then you need to plan. I drive inside the car as opposed to behind and it keeps you thinking. The race notes are accurate and can be confusing when you cock up on a corner and forget the next note.

I know I'm going back a long way but is it anything like the old Colin McRae games on PS1? I've played a few rally games since then but they all came with various bells and whistles that detract from the core experience. Perhaps this is nostalgia talking but the older games seem to be just about the rally experience. I don't want a fictionalised 'career' or any other nonsense.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement