Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭Damien360

Pickpocket wrote: »
    I know I'm going back a long way but is it anything like the old Colin McRae games on PS1? I've played a few rally games since then but they all came with various bells and whistles that detract from the core experience. Perhaps this is nostalgia talking but the older games seem to be just about the rally experience. I don't want a fictionalised 'career' or any other nonsense.

I remember Colin McRae game but that wasn't a sim as I remember it. Tough arcade maybe (it was a long time ago). You don't upgrade cars like Gran Turismo but you do win points for wins and that goes to new cars. You get engineers to fix as you progress but there is absolutely no interaction. The car just gets better appartently.

If you mean career like the F1 rubbish where you go back to your caravan to talk crap then no, none of that. Your career is just your timeline and you pick your races/championship. You don't see your guy on a podium kissing the crowd. In fact you don't see him at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Anyone having issues downloading the PS4 Doom patch v1.05?
    Updated GTA and then it moved to Doom and keeps failing :/

Yeah, my PS4 has made 6 auto download attempts since Sunday to get it and all have failed. I have downloaded other games and updates since no problems. Seems to be an issue with the file on the server side of things.

My brothers PS4 downloaded it on the second attempt.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Damien360 wrote: »
    I remember Colin McRae game but that wasn't a sim as I remember it. Tough arcade maybe (it was a long time ago).

IGN said it was the closest thing to a rally sim on the PS1 at the time although it was not as 'annoying' as most sims. I guess that's the type of game I'm looking for, even in 2016. I like unlocking new vehicles, etc. but I would have little interest in tinkering with engines.
    Damien360 wrote: »
    If you mean career like the F1 rubbish where you go back to your caravan to talk crap then no, none of that.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. I can't name specific examples but my gf's brother is mad for driving games so I tested loads throughout the last generation. So many of them had that kinda pseudo-RPG element tacked on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Abzu is incredibly good. If you liked Journey, it's such an easy recommendation.

Turn off the lights and put your headphones on and take your time! It's all about exploration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Just wondering what are my chances that Amazon will replace my controller for my ps4?. As it does not hold a charge anymore only when it's plugged into the Playstation it works.

It would be a ps4 from the day it came out so pushing 3 year old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

I would say no chance I'm afraid. I'm on my 3rd since launch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Just wondering what are my chances that Amazon will replace my controller for my ps4?. As it does not hold a charge anymore only when it's plugged into the Playstation it works.

It would be a ps4 from the day it came out so pushing 3 year old.

You can always chance your arm. There is a section in conser law about the expected lifetime of a product,less than 3 years does not seem sufficent to me. The fact your its literally faulty and wont hold a charge should be in your favour. Amazon are good for returns so id fire them off a mail stating you dont think the product has reached its expected lifetime before developing a fault through no action of your own. I got my PS3 fixed 4 years after it came out when it got ylod free of charge based on this bit of consumer law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

There's no chance whatsoever that Amazon will do anything about a 3 year old controller. Zero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

They replaced a 2.5 year old Xbox one controller for me no questions asked, so no - there's a very real chance.

Go onto live chat and tell them the issue.

maximoose wrote: »
    They replaced a 2.5 year old Xbox one controller for me no questions asked, so no - there's a very real chance.

Go onto live chat and tell them the issue.

Well f**k me pink, they are insane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Well f**k me pink, they are insane.

Well then the fact it was GAME that repaired my PS3 for free after nearly 4 years should blow your mind:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Anyone having trouble signing into PSN? It logged me out and now when I try to log back in it just says signing in for ages but nothing happens. My connection is perfect.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Well then the fact it was GAME that repaired my PS3 for free after nearly 4 years should blow your mind:)

Yup

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

EoinHef wrote: »

Understandable with an expensive console, but a controller with a rechargeable battery, and no way to tell how many times it has been recharged is unusual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

GerB40 wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble signing into PSN? It logged me out and now when I try to log back in it just says signing in for ages but nothing happens. My connection is perfect.
    Haven't tried on the console but when logging onto the Store I had to re-accept the T&Cs... If on a PC maybe check your pop-up blocker...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Can I paid a Dualshock 4 up to my Vita and use it to play my Vita games?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

You can connect a DS4 to a Vita, wirelessly, yeah. I only use it for remote play, so I dunno if it'll work for Vita games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Grayditch wrote: »
    You can connect a DS4 to a Vita, wirelessly, yeah. I only use it for remote play, so I dunno if it'll work for Vita games.

But that's playIing PS4 games on the Vita though is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Im as far as the University in TLOU at the moment. Is there much left to go as Im beginning to get a touch bored with the gameplay? Its the actual story which is keeping me hooked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

gimmick wrote: »
    Im as far as the University in TLOU at the moment. Is there much left to go as Im beginning to get a touch bored with the gameplay? Its the actual story which is keeping me hooked.

You're about 70% through the game. There's a slight change in direction soon so that might breath fresh life into it for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

You're about 70% through the game. There's a slight change in direction soon so that might breath fresh life into it for you.

The part you're referring to is my favourite section of the game. I spent days trying to pass it on grounded difficulty but by jaysus was I happy when I did...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Finished 4 to cap off the whole Uncharted series lastnight, loved it. Think I would go 2/4/1/3 ranking favourites. 3 was a bit of a mess and near the end I couldn't really remember what the hell was going on, but still a good game.

Have TLOU to start now - after that I have Journey, SOMA, Grim Fandango, Hotline Miami 1&2 waiting.

What other exclusives I should look out for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

maximoose wrote: »
    Finished 4 to cap off the whole Uncharted series lastnight, loved it. Think I would go 2/4/1/3 ranking favourites. 3 was a bit of a mess and near the end I couldn't really remember what the hell was going on, but still a good game.

Have TLOU to start now - after that I have Journey, SOMA, Grim Fandango, Hotline Miami 1&2 waiting.

What other exclusives I should look out for?

Bloodborne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Sorted my issue out and picked up Drive Clb for €15, such a pretty game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Anyone having issues charging controllers? I can't tell if it's the wires or controllers but I'm having awful trouble getting the charging once the wire is in. Sometimes I need to have them leaning away from the wire or tilted up from the PS4 to get a charge.

Are new cables the way to go for this or are my controller's charging ports just getting knackered? Probably doesn't help that my kids are on it pretty much 4 hours a day, 7 days a week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Just got the new hard drive in the post there..do I need to format it before putting it into the PS4? Or does the console do that itself? It's the 2TB Seagate expansion one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Just got the new hard drive in the post there..do I need to format it before putting it into the PS4? Or does the console do that itself? It's the 2TB Seagate expansion one

The console will do it, if I was you, if you have a third HD hanging around, copy over whatever you want to keep onto it from backup, as when you put the 2TB in it will want to format it straight away, make sure to use the 800 or 900mb firmware file from the site and not the 300mb one, then when it's up and running you can copy all your stuff back over....

Or you can just backup your game saves to the cloud and redownload everything but it will take you a while....

Fieldog wrote: »
    The console will do it, if I was you, if you have a third HD hanging around, copy over whatever you want to keep onto it from backup, as when you put the 2TB in it will want to format it straight away, make sure to use the 800 or 900mb firmware file from the site and not the 300mb one, then when it's up and running you can copy all your stuff back over....

Or you can just backup your game saves to the cloud and redownload everything but it will take you a while....

Yeah, I'm going with the redownload process :P only have NBA 2K16 and BF4 to redownload, the rest is disk install

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,460 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Yeah, I'm going with the redownload process :P only have NBA 2K16 and BF4 to redownload, the rest is disk install

The whole process can be a bit tedious but once it's done it's the best thing you could do to your PS4. I have an obscene amount of games installed on mine and still nearly a full TB of free space, used the same drive as yourself.

One thing I noticed about it, it tends to beep very randomly based on god knows what (for example, it could happen three times in one day and not again for weeks), maybe when it starts to get very hot. I know for sure its the hard drive that does it because it never happened once before I switched them. Still, it's never caused any problems, must be just one of those things I guess, and I've had it for well over a year now.

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    The whole process can be a bit tedious but once it's done it's the best thing you could do to your PS4. I have an obscene amount of games installed on mine and still nearly a full TB of free space, used the same drive as yourself.

One thing I noticed about it, it tends to beep very randomly based on god knows what (for example, it could happen three times in one day and not again for weeks), maybe when it starts to get very hot. I know for sure its the hard drive that does it because it never happened once before I switched them. Still, it's never caused any problems, must be just one of those things I guess, and I've had it for well over a year now.

Yeah, mine is the day 1 PS4...500Gb, I don't know how I've lasted so long. Constantly deleting games whenever I buy new disc versions :pac: 2Tb should last me a long time now. Going to start the upgrading process when I get home. Already have all my save files on a USB. Just to format another into fat32 and then put the update files onto that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement