Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Yeah, mine is the day 1 PS4...500Gb, I don't know how I've lasted so long. Constantly deleting games whenever I buy new disc versions :pac: 2Tb should last me a long time now. Going to start the upgrading process when I get home. Already have all my save files on a USB. Just to format another into fat32 and then put the update files onto that.

You need to download ps4 os onto a usb and name the folders in specific way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Word to the wise, make sure you get the whole system software (should be about 800mb) not the update one (about 270mb)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Thanks lads! Found a Reddit guide on it, so I'm going to follow that when I get back. Think I've downloaded the right file anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Thanks lads! Found a Reddit guide on it, so I'm going to follow that when I get back. Think I've downloaded the right file anyways.

I wish you luck, them updates for games will be the killer but as above, it will be worth it in the end....

Fieldog wrote: »
    I wish you luck, them updates for games will be the killer but as above, it will be worth it in the end....

Hopefully my internet connection will hold up. On a good day, I can get 11Mb download over wifi on the PS4. Here's hoping!

• Advertisement

Have gotten as far as the USB stick part where I've to do the system update. Got the 837Mb file from the playstation website but the PS4 isn't recognising it.. any help?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Have gotten as far as the USB stick part where I've to do the system update. Got the 837Mb file from the playstation website but the PS4 isn't recognising it.. any help?

Any error codes?

I also read while having issues updating my PS4 that people had issues with large memory USB devices.
    So if you have a 1GB/2GB USB device, use it.

Do you have the folders set up properly?
    PS4 > UPDATE > PS4UPDATE.PUP.

I had error codes using the EU update so ended up using the US one instead.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Any error codes?

Do you have the folders set up properly?
    PS4 > UPDATE > PS4UPDATE.PUP.

I had error codes using the EU update so ended up using the US one instead.

Getting this error code: CE-30774-1

I've tried the EU update using both fat32 and exFAT, both didnt work.

EDIT: ive finally gotten it. After about 15 different formats of my USB stick, it's worked. I don't know how it's worked, but i'm not going to question it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

On the subject of upgrading the PS4 harddrive, does anyone have the Seagate 1TB SSHD? It's down to €92 in Argos at the minute, was wondering if it was an ok deal?
    Digital Foundry thought it was decent enough.

http://www.checkargos.com/product/4836689

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Just a update for everyone I contacted amazon support and told them my controller does not hold a a charge anymore. Asked me to send a photo of it. Got a email back from them and 95 pound gift card.... OK ha ha.

So have a new controller in my cart.

Trying to make my mind up as I have money left over for 2 games then as well.

I have Digimon, doom and uncharted 4 in my cart at this moment. And can't make up my mind what to get.

Doom is it very much like the new wolfstain games?.

Digimon what does it play like? Does it need a lot of effort to play it.

Uncrated I love both I am after playing rise of the tomb raider and the remaster box set will I be brunt out playing the game?.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Uncrated I love both I am after playing rise of the tomb raider and the remaster box set will I be brunt out playing the game?.

Uncharted 4 is amazing, little bit slow at the start but gets going then.

Doom isn't really like Wolfenstein, Doom is very fast paced, you can't stand still for a second or you will be killed, Wolfenstein had lots of quieter stealthy moments and much more of a plot. Both very good games though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Just a update for everyone I contacted amazon support and told them my controller does not hold a a charge anymore. Asked me to send a photo of it. Got a email back from them and 95 pound gift card.... OK ha ha.

So have a new controller in my cart.

Trying to make my mind up as I have money left over for 2 games then as well.

I have Digimon, doom and uncharted 4 in my cart at this moment. And can't make up my mind what to get.

Digimon what does it play like? Does it need a lot of effort to play it.

Digimon was a surprisingly very good game and Doom was a lot better than I thought it would be and is quite different from Wolfentstein, I cannot get into the Uncharted games so do not have an opinion on it.

Uncharted 4 is amazing, little bit slow at the start but gets going then.

Doom isn't really like Wolfenstein, Doom is very fast paced, you can't stand still for a second or you will be killed, Wolfenstein had lots of quieter stealthy moments and much more of a plot. Both very good games though.

See uncharted 2 was the reason I got a ps3 back in 2010 and loved it every min and same with the Vita one even. But what's stopping me from it is the fact I just played rise of the time raider and there basically the same game.

Doom does sound like fun if it's none stop action and you can't stand still ha ha. As I do my brainless shooters. As would it be like shadow warrior then? Such a underrated game.

Digimon post to be very good but I don't think after working for 9 hours u won't to grind in a game ha ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

See uncharted 2 was the reason I got a ps3 back in 2010 and loved it every min and same with the Vita one even. But what's stopping me from it is the fact I just played rise of the time raider and there basically the same game.

Doom does sound like fun if it's none stop action and you can't stand still ha ha. As I do my brainless shooters. As would it be like shadow warrior then? Such a underrated game.

Digimon post to be very good but I don't think after working for 9 hours u won't to grind in a game ha ha.

I haven't played Shadow Warrior but from what i've seen, it would have more in common with Doom than Wolfenstein does. Doom looks amazing and runs very smoothly, it's also pretty tough, especially near the end when it gets pretty mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,091 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

When did the rte channels come onto skygo?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭TheZPPanda

Getting this error code: CE-30774-1

I've tried the EU update using both fat32 and exFAT, both didnt work.

EDIT: ive finally gotten it. After about 15 different formats of my USB stick, it's worked. I don't know how it's worked, but i'm not going to question it.

Which version worked for you? I have the exact same problem.

EDIT: Finally got it to work. I downloaded it from the GB site and did a full format of my USB in case anyone else runs into this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    When did the rte channels come onto skygo?

Just read this earlier.

https://www.siliconrepublic.com/play/sky-go-rte-tv3-utv-ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Andrew76 wrote: »
    On the subject of upgrading the PS4 harddrive, does anyone have the Seagate 1TB SSHD? It's down to €92 in Argos at the minute, was wondering if it was an ok deal?
    Digital Foundry thought it was decent enough.

http://www.checkargos.com/product/4836689

I have a 1TB Toshiba SSHD in mine and in all honesty it doesn't make much difference - could be better off going for 7200rpm drive if load speed is a thing for you...

If not just get a 2TB Seagate jobbie... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I have a 1TB Toshiba SSHD in mine and in all honesty it doesn't make much difference - could be better off going for 7200rpm drive if load speed is a thing for you...

Yeah SSHDs are not worth it for the PS4. Just buy a 7200rpm 2TB HDD.

Ended up ordering

Doom and uncharted 4 after. I think I am going to wait for Digimon on the Vita to he on sale again as I have a felling it will suit me better on a handheld.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Yeah SSHDs are not worth it for the PS4. Just buy a 7200rpm 2TB HDD.

Cheers chaps. Did some more Googling and reading about random beeping on the 2TB put me off it (maybe only affects a minority). Will just get some games with the money saved and delete stuff to free up space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Cheers chaps. Did some more Googling and reading about random beeping on the 2TB put me off it (maybe only affects a minority). Will just get some games with the money saved and delete stuff to free up space.

Did the 2tb upgrade two weeks ago, have used it solidly since and not a bother with the seagate

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DJ90

Ended up ordering

Doom and uncharted 4 after. I think I am going to wait for Digimon on the Vita to he on sale again as I have a felling it will suit me better on a handheld.

I finished uncharted 4 today. Hopefully you'll love it as much as I did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Charizard

So guys quick question, I want to buy Never Alone when I look through it says "One time licence fee to play on multiple consoles" the thing is I use two ps4s depending on where I am in the country, does this mean I can only use one of them for the game

Charizard wrote: »
    So guys quick question, I want to buy Never Alone when I look through it says "One time licence fee to play on multiple consoles" the thing is I use two ps4s depending on where I am in the country, does this mean I can only use one of them for the game

It means that once your profile is active on any PS4 the game will work. So you can only use the game on one console at a time. It's to stop people sharing the game with others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Finished Mad Max recently, and for th3 first time since I got my ps4, I've no idea what to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Finished Mad Max recently, and for th3 first time since I got my ps4, I've no idea what to play.

Let me tell you about a little game called No Man's Sky...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Otacon wrote:
    Let me tell you about a little game called No Man's Sky...

Haha, never heard of it ;)

Just waiting to see the reviews before I get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Charizard

It means that once your profile is active on any PS4 the game will work. So you can only use the game on one console at a time. It's to stop people sharing the game with others.

So one of my profiles is my home console where my brother plays games, does this mean he cant play it aswell??

• Advertisement

Charizard wrote: »
    So one of my profiles is my home console where my brother plays games, does this mean he cant play it aswell??

Only if his profile is on the same console as your's at the time he tries to play it.

Your profile is the key to access the game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement