Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Charizard wrote: »
    So one of my profiles is my home console where my brother plays games, does this mean he cant play it aswell??

If your home console is set as your primary console then any account on that console can play the game, but if you've a second PS4 with your account on it only the account that purchased the game can play it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Charizard

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    If your home console is set as your primary console then any account on that console can play the game, but if you've a second PS4 with your account on it only the account that purchased the game can play it.

Ah right thats cool, thanks guys. Pretty much the primary PS4 can still play all the games and my second PS4 can only play on my profile. Thanks for the info :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Anyone else playing Odin Sphere Leifthrasir? It's been getting outstanding coverage but it still feels like it's slipped under the radar somewhat. I'm completely taken with it. It's easily one of my favourites of this current generation (notwithstanding the fact that it's essentially a PS2 remaster). The art direction is sumptuous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Pickpocket wrote: »
    Anyone else playing Odin Sphere Leifthrasir? It's been getting outstanding coverage but it still feels like it's slipped under the radar somewhat. I'm completely taken with it. It's easily one of my favourites of this current generation (notwithstanding the fact that it's essentially a PS2 remaster). The art direction is sumptuous.

Never heard of it, what kind of game is it?

Never heard of it, what kind of game is it?

It's a Japanese 2D action-RPG. It's got a very deep and rewarding combat system and an unusually structured story which sees you revisit the same events from different points of view, Rashomon-style. So your protagonist in one section will be your antagonist in another. Very clever for an RPG.

The character designs alone mean this is something I'd never normally play, but I've been letting some of that Japanese quirkiness into my life as of late and took a chance on this wonderful game. Instant satisfaction.

• Advertisement

• Never heard of it, what kind of game is it?

It's addictive as hell. Can be a little bit repetitive though when you move to the next characters as alot of the areas are the same.

I just re-watched that video and it seems I lifted the 'Rashomon-style' descriptor wholesale from the review. Talk about IGN fanboys...!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

It looks lovely alright but a bit expensive for a PS2 remake (for me anyway). Will definitely check it out if it appears in a sale.

The combat doesn't get boring/repetitive though does it?

Andrew76 wrote: »
    It looks lovely alright but a bit expensive for a PS2 remake (for me anyway). Will definitely check it out if it appears in a sale.

The combat doesn't get boring/repetitive though does it?

I never even heard of the original but from what I gather this version isn't just a touch-up. It seems that some of the deeper RPG elements are entirely new systems created for this release. You can always tell when a 'remaster' is a cash-in or a rush-job. But everything here, from screenshot comparisons to in-depth reviews, indicate that a lot of work has went into modernising and improving the original. In those circumstances I'll always be happy to support the developer.

It's not getting boring for me. I'm on the third of what I believe to be five playable characters, each with a unique and interesting move-set. The bosses, mini-bosses and grunts can be tackled differently depending on your skill set. And of course you have those numbers flying around indicating the damage you're doing which in itself can be incredibly addictive, à la Borderlands.

There are other elements of the game that can feel repetitive, particularly revisiting locations. That would have been more of a problem for me some months back. However since then the whole idea of grinding or posting better scores has become second-nature and I'm happy going back and forth throughout a game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I never even heard of the original but from what I gather this version isn't just a touch-up. It seems that some of the deeper RPG elements are entirely new systems created for this release. You can always tell when a 'remaster' is a cash-in or a rush-job. But everything here, from screenshot comparisons to in-depth reviews, indicate that a lot of work has went into modernising and improving the original. In those circumstances I'll always be happy to support the developer.

It's not getting boring for me. I'm on the third of what I believe to be five playable characters, each with a unique and interesting move-set. The bosses, mini-bosses and grunts can be tackled differently depending on your skill set. And of course you have those numbers flying around indicating the damage you're doing which in itself can be incredibly addictive, à la Borderlands.

There are other elements of the game that can feel repetitive, particularly revisiting locations. That would have been more of a problem for me some months back. However since then the whole idea of grinding or posting better scores has become second-nature and I'm happy going back and forth throughout a game.

Cheers. Sounds like one to keep an eye on so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Niska

Tried the demo and loved it - will def get when discounted.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭gryfothegreat

Persona 5 has been confirmed for a PAL release on February 14 2017.

I'm honestly shocked. I really thought the earliest we'd get it would be May, going by the release dates for both versions of Persona 4, but new publisher Deep Silver seems keen to avoid another SMT IV incident. The trade-off is that the game will be identical to the North American version - i.e. English only.

The Take Your Heart Premium Edition shown in the link will be €89.99 and the standard edition will be €69.99. The premium edition is PS4-only, but the standard edition will be available for the PS3 for €39.99. If you buy the physical standard edition on launch you'll get the game in a steelbook, but only as long as stocks last.

The only sites I've seen it on so far are Zavvi and Shopto but we'll hopefully see more retailers adding it within the week. Amazon.com had a discount for Prime members on the North American premium edition so I'm hoping Amazon.co.uk will do the same once they add it.

(Something I noticed: The image in the link is showing a PEGI 12 rating, but I'm hoping that's a placeholder, seeing as CERO in Japan gave the game a C, which is basically PEGI 16 here. I really hope they're not censoring it. It wouldn't be Persona without Mara.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

I'm a bit late to the party but I downloaded bloodborne in the sale. Having never played a souls game it took me a while to get into the swing of it but bloody hell it's addictive. I've logged 11 hours since it download late Sunday night and spent a bit of time reading about it in work the last few days too. Anyone on the fence should try it for the 25 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Anyone know where to buy Irish PSN codes that email them fast?...

Mate trying to buy game but since he bought No Mans Sky on PayPal he tried to buy another game and no go... Seems Sony still haven't fixed that issue of errors trying to buy things...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

PS4 Neos event on September 7th at 9pm our time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Anyone know where to buy Irish PSN codes that email them fast?...

Mate trying to buy game but since he bought No Mans Sky on PayPal he tried to buy another game and no go... Seems Sony still haven't fixed that issue of errors trying to buy things...

You can buy from Gamestop and the code will be available on your orders page https://www.gamestop.ie/PlayStation%204/Games/45245/30-playstation-network-wallet-top-up-digital

BUT - if you haven't bought from them recently they may put the transaction on hold until office hours tomorrow so that a human can review it.
    Important Info
    This product will be delivered digitally. Once your order is verified, your voucher code will be available from the "My Dashboard > My Orders" section of the website.

Please note: In order to securely process your order, our team will review orders placed by customers who do not have a recent order history with GameStop. If your order is placed outside of normal office hours, this may delay processing of your order. Subsequent order should dispatch instantly.

Worked after a while thanks, store must be acting up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Where do you guys get your games cheap? Physical copies preferred. Looking at finally getting The Last of Us and Uncharted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Account got transactions locked for 48 hours, had to go a buy a PSN card to get a few things. Would't work with CC or paypal. Went onto Sony and just said to remove the CC and wait 48 hours.

Had added the card again as I don't generally keep it on the account.

Crowd I got the PSN credit from were fast and bought it through paypal

Varik wrote: »
    Account got transactions locked for 48 hours, had to go a buy a PSN card to get a few things. Would't work with CC or paypal. Went onto Sony and just said to remove the CC and wait 48 hours.

Had added the card again as I don't generally keep it on the account.

Crowd I got the PSN credit from were fast and bought it through paypal
    Yeah it's pretty ridiculous how often it locks you out of actually giving them money... I'm sure the whole thing is more of a nuisance to customers rather than beneficial, a joke that in this day and age you cant even purchase a game one after another without issues on PS4 and sometimes issues may even arise without anything happening... I'm sure it would be less hastle if they had faster way to refund fraudulent payments or maybe something like what steam has where you can refund within 2 weeks with less than 2 hours play although this could easily be abused...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Where do you guys get your games cheap? Physical copies preferred. Looking at finally getting The Last of Us and Uncharted.

VGP, The Game Collection and Amazon if I am not in a hurry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Keep an eye on Amazon US. Prices fluctuate wildly and the value of the dollar versus the euro also means that games under $19 don't have any import duty.

That threshold varies too based on the exchange rate.

LLWsmJL.png
    http://amzn.to/2b7J6hZ

966FUeR.png
    http://amzn.to/2aFpLiQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Cex

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

The Division is for sale for 39.99 in the PS Store... Will probably go for this next week. Any opinions on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Both on sale in PS Store yesterday. Prpbably pick up The Last of Us preowned in Gamestop for cheap - great game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

J Mysterio wrote: »
    The Division is for sale for 39.99 in the PS Store... Will probably go for this next week. Any opinions on it?

Its €35 in argos if you prefer physical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭Creeping Death

Where's the best place for pre-orders online?

I'm making the move back to physical games, and would still like to get them on the day of release, like I did when downloading.

Currently looking at simply games or the games collection.

Anyone who enjoys couch co-op should take a look at Overcooked, brilliant game... Serious fun...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Where's the best place for pre-orders online?

I'm making the move back to physical games, and would still like to get them on the day of release, like I did when downloading.

Currently looking at simply games or the games collection.

I'd highly recommend the game collection. Cheap games and launch day delivery with some people on here getting it earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭Creeping Death

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I'd highly recommend the game collection. Cheap games and launch day delivery with some people on here getting it earlier.

Is that just using the standard post option or by using parcel motel/wizard?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement