Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Is that just using the standard post option or by using parcel motel/wizard?

I usually use Parcel Motel, if the game is due out on a Tuesday the Game Collection will ship it on a Friday, if you are living around Dublin you will get it on the Saturday evening, or if you are in the West you will get it Monday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭Creeping Death

Xenji wrote: »
    I usually use Parcel Motel, if the game is due out on a Tuesday the Game Collection will ship it on a Friday, if you are living around Dublin you will get it on the Saturday evening, or if you are in the West you will get it Monday morning.

Sounds good. I'm in west cork, so would be the Monday or Tuesday for me probably.

One more question: would I be buying any DLC for it through the Irish or UK ps store?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I use standard post and get it on launch day. I'm fairly sure euro dlc is fine, works for any game in europe but not 100% if you would need to buy uk dlc for a UK game. Anyone confirm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭Creeping Death

Yeah, I think it should work too, just not sure. Not a big deal either way I guess, easy enough to buy the uk credit if I need it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Anyone who enjoys couch co-op should take a look at Overcooked, brilliant game... Serious fun...

Need a good couch co-op game. Is it any good for 2 player or is it more just for 4 players?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I use standard post and get it on launch day. I'm fairly sure euro dlc is fine, works for any game in europe but not 100% if you would need to buy uk dlc for a UK game. Anyone confirm?

Do you always get them on launch day with standard post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Do you always get them on launch day with standard post?

Only got 2 and both arrived so not enough of a track record to say its a definite. Will really need to go the other route and use that postal pick up in future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Need a good couch co-op game. Is it any good for 2 player or is it more just for 4 players?

Yeah it's great , may just be a little short but I haven't finished it yet but still lots of fun ... I have only tried 2 player so far...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

A Neurotic wrote: »

As crazy as this sounds you can't go wrong with daiblo 3 epic fun game to play in CO op.

You also have the Lara croft game another fun top down game.

Then you have dead nation another fun top down shooter to play in CO op.

There is also the Lego games as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

I used to play co-op FIFA with my girlfriend. She wasn't too bad at it considering she's neither a gamer or a football fan.

I'm not sure I'd recommend it though. It's very strange having sex with someone that's been sending you through chipped passes all night, even though they were perfectly timed. Or maybe because they were perfectly timed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

ack im still waiting for my copy of no mans sky to arrive yet, definitely gonna parcel motel my orders next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

ack im still waiting for my copy of no mans sky to arrive yet, definitely gonna parcel motel my orders next time.

Mine arrived this morning from thegamecollection, sold it on adverts shortly afterwards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

sweetie wrote: »
    Mine arrived this morning from thegamecollection, sold it on adverts shortly afterwards!

That seems a little harsh. Surely you didn't even give the game a chance at that point.

I didn't buy it yet. Looks good but I'll be waiting for a big price drop before pressing go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

gimmick wrote: »
    Quite irritated. Bought 4 PS4 games on adverts. They all arrived in one game box :mad:

There are PMs being exchanged.
    Im guessing to save on postage.

PMd and told "will try and post when I am back from holidays if I can"

In other words, I have no intention of posting them on :rolleyes:

Finally received these 3 boxes today. Life can go on :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Mafia III gameplay trailer

I'm nearing the end of my long long journey through Bloodborne. Fantastic game.. but I am 80hrs in and still have about 4 more bosses until I complete it (including optional/DLC). Once I am finished I need a break from frustrating gaming! Before bloodborne I spent like 200 hrs on the witcher.. which was amazing the last few hours of getting a plat got frustrating.

Anyone got suggestions for a really good ps4 game which is super chill yet engaging ?

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Charizard

Pickpocket wrote: »
    I used to play co-op FIFA with my girlfriend. She wasn't too bad at it considering she's neither a gamer or a football fan.

I'm not sure I'd recommend it though. It's very strange having sex with someone that's been sending you through chipped passes all night, even though they were perfectly timed. Or maybe because they were perfectly timed.

This is wasted here, head over to AH and get the likes you deserve :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Charizard wrote: »
    This is wasted here, head over to AH and get the likes you deserve :D

This chap needs to marry this chick!

I'm nearing the end of my long long journey through Bloodborne. Fantastic game.. but I am 80hrs in and still have about 4 more bosses until I complete it (including optional/DLC). Once I am finished I need a break from frustrating gaming! Before bloodborne I spent like 200 hrs on the witcher.. which was amazing the last few hours of getting a plat got frustrating.

Anyone got suggestions for a really good ps4 game which is super chill yet engaging ?
    ;)

Seriously though, if you haven't played Journey then pick it up. Or maybe Abzu if you like the look of it.

Rayman Legends was the game I had lined up for after Bloodborne but unfortunately I haven't got around to it yet. I think the latest Rayman games can actually be challenging enough but they're the type of good-time platformers that nourish the soul. I really need to start getting back into these types of games. Good, honest fun.

• Advertisement

I hadnt played a game non stop for 8 hours in a row in a long time.... Then No Mans Sky got released...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Rayman Legends was the game I had lined up for after Bloodborne but unfortunately I haven't got around to it yet. I think the latest Rayman games can actually be challenging enough but they're the type of good-time platformers that nourish the soul. I really need to start getting back into these types of games. Good, honest fun.

Legends is great, seriously fun little platformer - and the musical levels are hilarious

maximoose wrote: »
    Legends is great, seriously fun little platformer - and the musical levels are hilarious

It looks marvellous. It's out of stock in my local stores but I'll snap it up as soon as I see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Charizard

Seriously though, if you haven't played Journey then pick it up. Or maybe Abzu if you like the look of it.

Love Rayman Legends, play with one of the lads when he comes over, serious laughs, we dont move on till we 100% each level, so plenty of screaming at each other :D well he screams at me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Agree on Rayman Legends, the art style and music is class and there's a lot of game there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Finished TLOU. Delighted I went back to it. Almost emotional with how it ended.

Almost emotional with how it ended.

As well you should be. A very powerful and controversial ending.

Thinking about getting a cheap 4K TV possibly for when the neo comes out, anyone know any decent ones for around 400-500euro or should I just not buy a cheap one?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Thinking about getting a cheap 4K TV possibly for when the neo comes out, anyone know any decent ones for around 400-500euro or should I just not buy a cheap one?

Have a look on richersounds.ie to get an idea of what you would get for that price range, they also have a forum here on boards where you could ask them for suggestions /advice. I personally stayed away from a 4K set recently because it's too early for me content wise. Sure by the time the Neo is out there could be better deals and you might have a bigger budget.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Like anything, you get what you pay for. I recently bought the new Xbox one s and it has also planted the seed for a 4K set to stream Netflix 4K and stuff. The main thing I see people saying it get one with HDR(I think it's HDR, something like that anyway).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement