Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Thinking about getting a cheap 4K TV possibly for when the neo comes out, anyone know any decent ones for around 400-500euro or should I just not buy a cheap one?

Do you have anything that'll play on it, you'd probably want to be looking in the 600+ region for a good set with HDR.

Personally I'd still wait as it all going to continue to get cheaper, that is unless you need a new TV now and them maybe spend the little extra as there's not much in the price difference now between a good TV and a mid range 4k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Have a look on richersounds.ie to get an idea of what you would get for that price range, they also have a forum here on boards where you could ask them for suggestions /advice. I personally stayed away from a 4K set recently because it's too early for me content wise. Sure by the time the Neo is out there could be better deals and you might have a bigger budget.

I think this is where I bought my 3D TV years back, brilliant place indeed....

Just have the PS4 to play it with so may save up 600 or so and try to get a 50inch or something...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I'd hold off on 4K until most or all TVs come with 4K, Dolby Vision HDR not just HDR10 and make sure they have HDMI 2.2 ports. Alot of 4k TVs are still shipping with HDMI 1.4 never mind 2.0 ports.

HDR is one of the big reasons to move up to 4K and the HDR standards are still not finalised yet. MS went with HDR10 standard, I'm waiting to see what Sony go with.

It's like the format wars of 2006 again, MS went with HD DVD and Sony went Bluray.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A friend of mine got a really good deal on a 4K HDR Hisense TV over in the UK and picked one up for me as well, now admittedly I have nothing to compare it to but it has a fantastic picture, the one thing I have noticed though is that the wow factor of 4K dissipates very quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Xenji wrote: »
    A friend of mine got a really good deal on a 4K HDR Hisense TV over in the UK and picked one up for me as well, now admittedly I have nothing to compare it to but it has a fantastic picture, the one thing I have noticed though is that the wow factor of 4K dissipates very quickly.

Are you giving it any 4k content to display though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Are you giving it any 4k content to display though?

Just Netflix at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Assassins Creed Chronicles.

Oh dear me :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

I picked up the Dishonored remaster ahead of the sequel's release in November. Very impressed so far.

I hear that the game rewards a non-lethal approach with the 'best/true' ending. So I'm going in all guns blazing, getting a lay of the land, then reloading a save and going the stealth route to progress the game. The best of both worlds.

Apparently there's three different endings. Will the sequel try to accommodate that in any way or will it just continue from the true ending?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

PS4 update 4.0 beta starts tomorrow. Anyone here get picked for it?

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/08/15/ps4s-4-00-beta-starts-tomorrow-get-a-sneak-peek-at-upcoming-features/

Some nice additions like creating a folder to contain your faviourite games/apps for quick access. Use a screenshot as a background pic in your profile, UI refresh, quick menu chages, etc.

Also, I need to renew my PS+, anyone get one of these 365 day ones from Argos for 48 euro? It's got a UK flag so bit dodgy using it but cheapest I've seen so far.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1297850/Trail/searchtext%3EPS+PLUS.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Zero-Cool wrote: »

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/08/15/ps4s-4-00-beta-starts-tomorrow-get-a-sneak-peek-at-upcoming-features/

Some nice additions like creating a folder to contain your faviourite games/apps for quick access. Use a screenshot as a background pic in your profile, UI refresh, quick menu chages, etc.

Also, I need to renew my PS+, anyone get one of these 365 day ones from Argos for 48 euro? It's got a UK flag so bit dodgy using it but cheapest I've seen so far.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1297850/Trail/searchtext%3EPS+PLUS.htm

Went to get it there before and was told at the till they're only for UK accounts.

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote: »
    Assassins Creed Chronicles.

Oh dear me :mad:

Is it shyte? didn't look great from any gameplay vids i've seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Is it shyte? didn't look great from any gameplay vids i've seen.

Utter.

Cleverly disguised as an AC game so people will buy it as a gift for people they know who like proper AC games.

My copy is currently on Adverts :rolleyes:

I put my name down but haven't heard back so i presume i didn't get picked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I put my name down but haven't heard back so i presume i didn't get picked.

I think they are only going out to public tomorrow, journalists and media today...

If you signed up you should get it...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Folders, at last. More important to me than BC.

Also that link leads to a gitlab sign in page.
    https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU?lang=en
    We're aware some of you are seeing a log-in page when visiting our blog. This shouldn't be happening and we're looking into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Quick question - is there any way of customising where PS4 notifications pop up? I hate having message notifications pop up in the top left, covering HUD while I'm playing Destiny/Overwatch.

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Quick question - is there any way of customising where PS4 notifications pop up? I hate having message notifications pop up in the top left, covering HUD while I'm playing Destiny/Overwatch.

On the blog it says "revised pop-up notifications" so maybe that will either change where they pop up or you can choose where.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Doesn't seem much for 4.0, was hoping that the 2 step that was leaked through an error would be mentioned even if it's not in the beta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Been playing Uncharted 4 and all i can say is OMG what a game it just looks epic and the story is really good so far.

Having said that i think the game play is better in rise of the tomb raider. I do like my Bow and arrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Some screenshots of new update

MvxN0kn.jpg

l7BQc2z.jpg

se9UuQw.jpg

PkDj1Cg.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

I'm delighted with the folder management but there's still no ability to delete demos and unwanted games from your library. The changes to how you view the library is an improvement but I'd like to be able to get rid of them fully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

OH was away at the weekend and I got to plough through my exclusives backlog:

The Order - expectations were low enough, and it was... grand. Incredibly short, take out the cut scenes and QTE moments and there was very little gameplay there. Easy platinum trophy. Got it in CeX for €18, completed in 5 hours and traded back in for €12 so worth the €6 I suppose!

Journey - absolutely loved it. Will be going back for another playthrough, little gem of a game.

TLOU - I got maybe an hour into it, and I just wasn't really feeling it. I'll come back to it after...

Ratchet and Clank - Loving this game, gameplay is fun and the weapons are great. Expected as much from Insomniac, Sunset Overdrive is my favourite game to date on Xbone and now looking forward to their Spiderman game.

Got a code for the 4.0 beta update. The folders feature is class, nice to have my favourite games grouped together for easy (easier) access. The new Quick Menu is really good. You can customize what you want shown like friends list, party, broadcast, etc. The Profile background cover is a nice touch as well. Currently have Solaire praising the sun but this will definitely make me keep a lookout for nicer screenshots to take. Also a nice touch is being able to view hidden trophies, will be handy if you finish a story so not likely going to spoiler yourself and looking to go for a Platinum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Finally a folder option! They should of had it in from the start. Will make the dashboard look a lot neater.

Quick menu looks handy too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Can you set a screenshot as a custom background on main menu?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Trying to use Spotify on the PS4 but keep getting 'Error connecting to Playstation Network'. Anyone else gotten this and if so is there a known fix?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Looks like I've missed out. Seems they're now rolling out to the US/Canada.

Anyone know when this update will be released to genpop?

ItsHoggie wrote: »

No but they should really really add that.

Anyone pick up Absolute Drift? Looks like a cracking game but can't find much reviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    No but they should really really add that.

Not that I could find but you can use a screenshot as your profile background image.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement