Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Unless they patch in a FOV slider for NMS I cannot even play the game, I have never encountered such horrible motion sickness with another game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭Damien360

EoinHef wrote: »

EDIT: Just as an aside to your youtube comment,when was that in game footage available? Pre or post launch?

Both. Enough came out for me not to impulse buy and sit tight for another while. After another week, I decided no thank you.

Xenji wrote: »
    Unless they patch in a FOV slider for NMS I cannot even play the game, I have never encountered such horrible motion sickness with another game.

Reports of that really put me off. There were 2 free PSN games that gave me motion sickness. I would have to go through my purchases to find them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I'm the same. Wrecked me it did. And they didn't advertise that before launch, yet it does affect a significant minority of people, least on the internet.

Damien360 wrote: »
    Reports of that really put me off. There were 2 free PSN games that gave me motion sickness. I would have to go through my purchases to find them.

The Evil Within after awhile would get to me, but if I stopped for awhile I would be fine again, but NMS was about a hundred times worse, I have not gone back to it since launch as it was very close to triggering a severe migraine as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Damien360 wrote: »
    Both. Enough came out for me not to impulse buy and sit tight for another while. After another week, I decided no thank you.

The pre launch footage that was official looks very little like the actual game. And the narration over it often was misleading and vague by the developer. The unofficial stuff you couldnt really trust either as the dev said the day one patch was game changing so not to look at it. If you didnt pre order good for you,but many did and were encouraged to do so with pre order bonuses. Should they be denied a refund? Not in my opinion. Considering Sony also published the game its definitely on them to take heat for it.

Its not really just No Mans Sky thats the problem though,its Sonys refund policy in general.

They may have changed there mind after some pressure but stating that if they did give a refund you would never be able to play said refunded title on the platform again is just plain crazy. Again anti consumer and goes against all there marketing spiel of "For the Players".

The Evil Within after awhile would get to me, but if I stopped for awhile I would be fine again, but NMS was about a hundred times worse, I have not gone back to it since launch as it was very close to triggering a severe migraine as well.

Ether one and the unfinished swan. Especially the second one. Very sick for about 2 hours once it kicked in. Finished the game but had to do max 1 hour sessions to avoid motion sickness.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭gerp99

Half Life............. couldnt stick it 10 mins before having to lie down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Will download titanfall, give a go. Never played the 1st or even seen it in action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I had 30gbs free but titanfall (12.5gbs) wouldn't download unless i deleted unnecessary content from my drive first, bit weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,267 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

gimmick wrote: »
    I hate FPS. Mostly because Im useless at them.

Is it just me or are more and more new games come out first person?

There was a time when that was more true than now. Back when the Dooms and Quakes were popular. First Person games I've liked include TimeSplitters 2+3(never played 1), Metroid Prime trilogy, Wolfenstein TNO, Goldeneye and the Half Life/Portal games. There are a few others. It's more the games that are more than just FPS's. Like how Metroid is about exploration and Portal is a puzzle game.
    But I wouldn't be interested in Call of Duty or Battlefield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Trying to download the titanfall 2 tech test. Left it on for about 4-5 hours rest mode to download..get home and it's only after downloading 700mb. Speed test on the PS4 showing I'm only getting 200kbs download.. Definitely something up with the wifi, but Eir keep telling me they've tested everything and it's coming up fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Asked someone to turn on my PS4 as I couldn't auto download it this morning, gave up over the phone as they couldn't get through the password even with me talking them thorugh it.

Long download after I got home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Trying to download the titanfall 2 tech test. Left it on for about 4-5 hours rest mode to download..get home and it's only after downloading 700mb. Speed test on the PS4 showing I'm only getting 200kbs download.. Definitely something up with the wifi, but Eir keep telling me they've tested everything and it's coming up fine.

Eir can't test your wifi, your wifi will only go as fast as the slowest thing on the network, so if there is an old laptop or phone that's the best you'll get. Also with eir and all 15gb about 40 min.

Have you set a static IP and port forwarded?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I had 30gbs free but titanfall (12.5gbs) wouldn't download unless i deleted unnecessary content from my drive first, bit weird.

Had the same problem myself before when I also had 30gbs free, it's almost like the PS4 won't leave you go below 15gbs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Would you accept such a refund policy for any other item you buy from a retailer? Im guessing not,and neither would I. Its anti consumer.

Just chiming in as someone who used to work in retail, and games retail at one stage. The refund policy sucks for electronics. The problem here is how easy it is to copy a cd/dvd/br. The retailers had to combat people in the 90s buying CDs, ripping them, and then returning them. So they started selling them sealed in cellophane or with a small seal over the opening.

As others have said, in a bricks and mortar store you'd only be refunded on a game which was unopened. In a clothes shop you can only be refunded (or given store credit) on faulty products; 99% of clothes stores allow a change-of-mind return once products have original packaging (most people don't realise that this is a gesture of goodwill by the company, not the law).

Only after the NMS debacle did I learn of steams refund policy, and I was pleasantly surprised by it. I think it's excellent, and would be a welcome adoption by other traders of digital products. I'm assuming Steam adopted this policy because of the amount of indie games they sell - it would be too difficult to test everything, so they offer refunds on the broken software (can you avail of the refund on games you just don't like?).

Yes, these policies are anti-consumer. They're for-profit policies that try to operate on the fringes of consumer law. My advice to anyone seeking a refund is to read up on Irish consumer law. Sony's refund policy might not be tailored to our laws, and our laws trump theirs. While it could take a court case to tackle their policy, quoting it to their customer service team might push them into refunding it. There is no way they could prevent you from purchasing it at a later date either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Titanfall seems decent enough a while since I played such a game and still those annoying players who you can shoot and nothing happens.

Well reasoned post there imo. I dont think the issue of copying games is as much of an issue as it used to be but point taken. If a game was faulty ie bugs,constant crashing,major Multiplayer problems i would certainly expect a retailer to give me a full refund. They certainly wont offer it and there is usually a lot of working your way up the personel chain to get one but by irish consumer law the product is faulty. Ive found most people give up at the first hurdle leading these companies to believe they can/will get away with it.

Yeah the Steam refund system is a welcome addition to the platform,and sets out a reasonable set of rules relating to refunds. Something similar on PSN would be great. Sony are just not known for doing well in this department though so i wont be holding my breath. During a refund on steam there are options to pick from as to why you are returning the game,iirc just not liking the game is not one. But in my experience you could just as easily say technical problems and as long as your under the 2hrs of play you will most likely be granted a refund. Now should there be no apparent technical problems they can refuse the refund but from what i see they usually do allow it. I think the 2hr rule is just about right for most games to stop the refund policies being abused. So its a win win imo,a game that i wasnt prepared to take the risk on i can try with the knowledge if there are problems i will most likely be able to get a reasonably hassle free refund. If i like said game i keep it and the developer has a sale they might not have had if not for the refund system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

JamboMac wrote: »
    Eir can't test your wifi, your wifi will only go as fast as the slowest thing on the network, so if there is an old laptop or phone that's the best you'll get. Also with eir and all 15gb about 40 min.

Meant Ethernet connection. They've tested the line and sent an engineer but they say there's no problems. It'll cut out randomly throughout the day, both Ethernet and wifi. I can connect easily to the wifi network I've set up with the home plugs and get full 10Mb speeds, but connecting directly to the eircom network is troublesome, and when it does connect it's usually very slow/doesn't work, which is weird.
    Have you set a static IP and port forwarded?

Yup. Think I port forwarded a while back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Is Firewatch worth 20 quid?

I paid less for it admittedly on Steam, but it is a very good game, loved the atmosphere and dialogue, but it is only a 4-5 hour game which can turn people off of it at that price point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

I picked it up for 12 quid in the sale and quite enjoyed it - as Xenji said it's kinda short but I'd like to go back again and give it another run through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I thought it was very good, but you regularly see it in sales on PS Store so I'd hold off until it goes down in price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,474 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Notorious wrote: »
    I thought it was very good, but you regularly see it in sales on PS Store so I'd hold off until it goes down in price.

I'd echo this. I bought it for €20 and although it was incredible I'd say it's really only worth €10/€12 so id hold off as it will go on sale again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Still no update on PS now for Ireland?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Thinking of pre ordering Fifa 17 from the games collection. Would you be guaranteed to have it on launch day if you used parcel motel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Thinking of pre ordering Fifa 17 from the games collection. Would you be guaranteed to have it on launch day if you used parcel motel?

Yes, but use the Belfast depot address and not the Dublin one. Packages from the UK mainland get to Belfast much quicker (usually same day) than the Republic.

Also the Belfast depot accept and dispatch packages on Saturdays but not the one in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Alleged (I stress alleged) pictures of the PS4 slim/Neos whatever the hell it is. Possibly/probably fake, but its a very high quality fake if so.

SdWV975.png

xuiVbGa.jpg

CqZgi1NXYAAjKW7.jpg

CqZgyqdWAAAAjfw.jpg:large

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,328 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Alleged (I stress alleged) pictures of the PS4 slim/Neos whatever the hell it is. Possibly/probably fake, but its a very high quality fake if so.

SdWV975.png

xuiVbGa.jpg

CqZgi1NXYAAjKW7.jpg

CqZgyqdWAAAAjfw.jpg:large

If 500GB is the standard storage it's a disgrace in this day and age with the size of games and all having to be installed.

The fact you can't even plug in an external hard drive is poor on Sony's part.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement