Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The Xbox One S is 500gb for the base model too, granted you can plug in external USB drives too.

The 500gb console models out now are aimed at the mass market and kids that generally won't have lots of games and DLC installed compared to dedicated gamers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,328 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The Xbox One S is 500gb for the base model too, granted you can plug in external USB drives too.

The 500gb console models out now are aimed at the mass market and kids that generally won't have lots of games and DLC installed compared to dedicated gamers.

The 500GB isn't available yet. Microsoft lainched the 2TB first.

I honestly think a 1TB drive should be the minimum in all consoles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Is Firewatch worth 20 quid?

Firewatch and Doom are my two games of the year. If you quantify your games value in terms of hours played be aware it's (at maximum) an eight hour experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,267 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If that's the Neo, then it looks like they went the route of the PS3 Slim. Very similar design/finish

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

If that's as small as I think it is it will massively overheat and probably have problems like the red ring of death etc, smaller isn't always better when it comes to consoles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

S9JOxNeh.jpg

Z29lHKoh.jpg

I mean it looks real?

S9JOxNeh.jpg

Z29lHKoh.jpg

I mean it looks real?

If it's fake, it's very well done. Screams budget though. I'd be betting that it's the PS4 slim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,803 ✭✭✭Evade

emmetkenny wrote: »
    If 500GB is the standard storage it's a disgrace in this day and age with the size of games and all having to be installed.
    It's probably cheaper to buy a 500GB PS4 and a 2TB compatible HDD than it would be to buy a 2TB PS4.

Looking at XBOne S consoles a 500GB with a game is €300 while a 2TB is €400. It wouldn't be unreasonable to assume PS4 would have the same difference in cost but you can get a 2TB PS4 compatible HDD for less than €100.

XBOne S prices and PS4 2 TB HDD.

Granted I did just look at the top results on Google and the HDD is on sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

If it's fake, it's very well done. Screams budget though. I'd be betting that it's the PS4 slim.

I'd tend to agree, doesn't look much different size wise though, comparing the controller in the photo to size of the console....

If it's legit...

I would have expected Neo to be same size or even slightly bigger than PS4...

Evade wrote: »
    It's probably cheaper to buy a 500GB PS4 and a 2TB compatible HDD than it would be to buy a 2TB PS4.

Looking at XBOne S consoles a 500GB with a game is €300 while a 2TB is €400. It wouldn't be unreasonable to assume PS4 would have the same difference in cost but you can get a 2TB PS4 compatible HDD for less than €100.

XBOne S prices and PS4 2 TB HDD.

Granted I did just look at the top results on Google and the HDD is on sale.

Yes you can buy one for less than €100 but then your stuck with a 2TB drive after faffing about changing drives and redownloaling all your games, it's a lot of work and unneeded steps.

Ive a 2TB external plugged into my One bringing the total up to 2.5GB and I didn't have to redownload anything.

There are some games on the PS4 I want to play, I'm looking at you Bloodborne, and I'll get a loan of my brothers PS4 at some stage or buy a second hand one when the Neo launches as I'd say there will be loads of people upgrading :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

What's the story with Game Collection, do they charge you on the day you make a pre order or when it's dispatched?

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    What's the story with Game Collection, do they charge you on the day you make a pre order or when it's dispatched?

Dispatched.

Dispatched.

Cheers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

EDIT: Sorry, it was Simply Games I ordered from.

Yes you can buy one for less than €100 but then your stuck with a 2TB drive after faffing about changing drives and redownloaling all your games, it's a lot of work and unneeded steps.
    Realistically if you can't keep your currently playing, next on the list, and old favourites games in 2TB no amount of local storage will be enough.

F1ngers wrote: »
    It depends on when you pre-order.

I pre-ordered BF1 over a month ago and they took the money 28 days later.

Sure I pre ordered battlefield like 6 weeks ago, and I haven't been charged yet.

F1ngers wrote: »
    It depends on when you pre-order.

I pre-ordered BF1 over a month ago and they took the money 28 days later.

Will be pre ordering FIFA 17, it's 43£ now any chance that'll go down anytime soon?

Will be pre ordering FIFA 17, it's 43£ now any chance that'll go down anytime soon?

They occasionally do 10% discount codes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Sure I pre ordered battlefield like 6 weeks ago, and I haven't been charged yet.

Just checked - it was Simply Games, used Game Collection for something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,474 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

If you pay by PayPal they put the money on hold on your account for a few days, release it a few days later and take it on despatch day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

There's been rumour upon rumour of the neo for a long while but before recently (E3/scorpio rumours) they has been nothing heard about a "slim" and I'm thinking that with the competition of scorpio and the One S that sony would have repurposed the Neo for a new "budget" PS4 while a new plan is in place for competitor for the scorpio.

Realistically if you can't keep your currently playing, next on the list, and old favourites games in 2TB no amount of local storage will be enough.

I didn't say 2TB wouldn't be enough or adequate space. What I did say is it takes unnecessary steps and time to get a PS4 with a 2TB drive.

The 500GB isn't available yet. Microsoft lainched the 2TB first.

I honestly think a 1TB drive should be the minimum in all consoles.

The 2Tb is a limited edition and is more or less sold out as of now, MS have shipped them all and are not re stocking the SKU except for limited games runs like Gears console. The 500 and 1 Tb SKUs are out in September.

The 2Tb is a limited edition and is more or less sold out as of now. The 500 and 1 Tb are out in September.

Still one in my local GameStop and I am tempted to upgrade.

Varik wrote: »
    There's been rumour upon rumour of the neo for a long while but before recently (E3/scorpio rumours) they has been nothing heard about a "slim" and I'm thinking that with the competition of scorpio and the One S that sony would have repurposed the Neo for a new "budget" PS4 while a new plan is in place for competitor for the scorpio.

The Slim has been rumored before the One S was announced. It was expected the Slim would be announced at E3 and the Neo at Gamescon.

Sources knew Sony was close to announcing two new consoles and a Slim and the Neo fit the bill perfectly.

Sony can still put the Neo up against the S and work on a new console to take on Scorpio. From what we know of the Neo as is, it cannot in any way be scaled up to the proposed Scorpio specs, it has to be a new design with the CPU/GPU and APU. A scaled up Polaris chipset is what will be needed.

Unconfirmed sources are saying slim launches in 3 weeks ish, then Neos is held back for February/March ish, which isn't the first time I've seen that rumour so it can be released with Horizon.

Sony can still put the Neo up against the S and work on a new console to take on Scorpio. From what we know of the Neo as is, it cannot in any way be scaled up to the proposed Scorpio specs, it has to be a new design with the CPU/GPU and APU. A scaled up Polaris chipset is what will be needed.

Wait, are you proposing that Sony take a hit on the cost of the Neo, in order for it to compete with a machine that is targeting the existing PS4... all while running development on a third PS?

I didn't say 2TB wouldn't be enough or adequate space. What I did say is it takes unnecessary steps and time to get a PS4 with a 2TB drive.
    When you wrote "stuck with" it read like another upgrade would eventually be needed.

Changing the HDD isn't hard, it's the first thing I did with my PS4 on launch day, but being able to use an external drive would be handy

When you wrote "stuck with" it read like another upgrade would eventually be needed.

Changing the HDD isn't hard, it's the first thing I did with my PS4 on launch day, but being able to use an external drive would be handy

I used stuck with because I thought my brother had said he couldn't put in anything larger than 2TB. Maybe he had it wrong?

• Advertisement

I used stuck with because I thought my brother had said he couldn't put in anything larger than 2TB. Maybe he had it wrong?
    Your brother's right, it's the biggest one available at the minute.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement