Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

New to using PM & the Gamecollection for buying games.

Going to preorder Fifa today using them both. Am I correct in sayign that when I checkout I just add my name & PM ID as well as the Antrim address? I will then be notified by PM when the parcel arrives?

Also do the gamescollection.net charge for preorders right away?

Thanks guys and apologies if these have already been asked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,474 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Going to preorder Fifa today using them both. Am I correct in sayign that when I checkout I just add my name & PM ID as well as the Antrim address? I will then be notified by PM when the parcel arrives?

If you pay by card they'll charge you on dispatch day. If you pay by PayPal they'll put a hold on your account now, release it after a few days and charge you on dispatch.

Correct on putting your PM ID in the first line of your address.

And yep, parcel motel will email you when it's in their sorting off and again (with text) when it's ready for collection from your chosen locker location.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Don't you mean thegamecollection.net? , gamecollection.net is totally different site.
    For your address you are right, just copy the UK address that's on your PM account. If you preorder a game using Paypal more than 28 days before release they will take payment early. I preordered Deus Ex on June 26th and payment wasn't taken until july 18th with the release day being tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

ShaneU wrote: »

Dead link what was it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

iamtony wrote: »
    Dead link what was it?

PS4 slim is real, it was a video of it being turned on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Here's the related Eurogamer article, they took down the video on legal advice: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-08-22-ps4-slim-leaks-online-first-pictures

So we have a PS4 slim confirmed now. What's happening with the Neo - is that still going to be released this October along with the VR games? Is Sony going to release an even more powerful PS4 next year to compete with that Xbox Scorpio?

The rumours (at least on neogaf) is release the slim in September, which is obviously confirmed and its also confirmed production/shipments of the original PS4 have stopped, then Neo in October/November. If the slim is cheap, like 180 - 250, then the Neos is maybe 400 odd as a premium console, makes sense to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

The rumours (at least on neogaf) is release the slim in September, which is obviously confirmed and its also confirmed production/shipments of the original PS4 have stopped, then Neo in October/November. If the slim is cheap, like 180 - 250, then the Neos is maybe 400 odd as a premium console, makes sense to me.

I saw somewhere it's priced $350 so probably same in euros, there will be announcement on September 6/9th can't remember which. I'm wondering will they pair the virtual reality glasses and neo and price it 5/600.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

JamboMac wrote: »
    I saw somewhere it's priced $350 so probably same in euros, there will be announcement on September 6/9th can't remember which. I'm wondering will they pair the virtual reality glasses and neo and price it 5/600.

It's September 7th and I was talking to Sony rep in a store last week and said the Neo would be €600, didn't saw with or without VR. In fairness what would he know that the rest of us don't. Only CEOs in Gamestop and the like know the Neo price right now.

• Advertisement

600 notes? They'd have to be mental, thats launch PS3 levels of insane prices. I would say about 400 quid for the Neos, that was the PS4 launch price as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

It's September 7th and I was talking to Sony rep in a store last week and said the Neo would be €600, didn't saw with or without VR. In fairness what would he know that the rest of us don't. Only CEOs in Gamestop and the like know the Neo price right now.

At €600 the NEO spec shud be higher than rumoured.

600 notes? They'd have to be mental, thats launch PS3 levels of insane prices. I would say about 400 quid for the Neos, that was the PS4 launch price as well.

The €400 PS4 hit the performance wall in less than 3 years with it's average specs along with the Xbox One . A higher spec console with more head room should cost more than €400 today.

You still have the slim PS4 for the budget/mass market so a high end console in the €500-600 bracket makes sense imo.

€600 PS3 got the guts of 7 years and scrapped another 3. Get what you pay for really.

I'll still say 400, 500 at most.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Do not want that extra lightbar. It has no use and will just drain the battery further, unless it's only activated briefly when turned on.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Do not want that extra lightbar. It has no use and will just drain the battery further, unless it's only activated briefly when turned on.

believe it takes over for the missing light bar on top of the ps4 console itself...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I wonder if they sorted the issue with the rubber coming off

lertsnim wrote: »
    I wonder if they sorted the issue with the rubber coming off

doubtful, sony are cheapos

not sure how long this will stay up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

SharpCoder wrote: »
    believe it takes over for the missing light bar on top of the ps4 console itself...

So when I leave it in standby, the orange light runs down the controller while I'm away. I really hope not. I'm already fairly unhappy with the battery life of the controllers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

SharpCoder wrote: »
    doubtful, sony are cheapos

Nah it was fixed, both my launch controllers had the issue, but my MGS custom controller is perfect and has seen a lot more abuse, same with the anniversary controller.

Xenji wrote: »
    Nah it was fixed, both my launch controllers had the issue, but my MGS custom controller is perfect and has seen a lot more abuse, same with the anniversary controller.

i'm on my 4th controller, and it's still not fixed for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

The Neo is pretty much just an upgraded gpu and faster ram,cpu is the same as PS4. €500 sounds about right to me. Espescially if they stick with the 500gb HDD.

I dont think you could call the Neo premium in terms of technology.

EoinHef wrote: »
    I dont think you could call the Neo premium in terms of technology.

It'll be premium in regards that it will be the most powerful console on the market when it is released. For how long is another question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Just a thought, but maybe the price increase for PS+ is to partially subsidize the cost of the new machines?

Or would that be too optimistic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Just a thought, but maybe the price increase for PS+ is to partially subsidize the cost of the new machines?

Or would that be too optimistic?

Is there an increase in PS plus here in Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Is there an increase in PS plus here in Ireland?

No mention of it yet. Only U.S & Canada mentioned so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

More likely it's to subsidize the massive losses on ghostbusters and the rest of the film division :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Could it be possible that publishers are charging more for their games to appear on Plus, this could be due to the fact that a large lack of AAA releases across all three consoles is leading publishers to still see profits from games released nearly 3 years ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement