Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,774 ✭✭✭lertsnim

GerB40 wrote: »
    I've seen it been discussed so often here and elsewhere so I have to ask, what's the point in setting up an American psn account. Are games cheaper? Are they released earlier? If the pros outweigh the cons I might set one up myself but at the moment I'm clueless as to why people do it..

Games for €42 was my reason but at the moment there is no real benefit in that regard.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Yeah It ain't worth it atm .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Thats why I opened a Canadian PSN account...the credit is so much cheaper. I save about 35-40% over IE store.

Look,
    http://boxeddeal.com/gaming/playstation-4/playstation-10-canadian-network-card-email-delivery.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Thats why I opened a Canadian PSN account...the credit is so much cheaper. I save about 35-40% over IE store.

Look,
    http://boxeddeal.com/gaming/playstation-4/playstation-10-canadian-network-card-email-delivery.html

Are canadian $ prices the same as the US $ prices on the Canadian store?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Are canadian $ prices the same as the US $ prices on the Canadian store?

No. A $60US game is about $70CAN ...still cheaper though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Stillhouette

No. A $60US game is about $70CAN ...still cheaper though.

$70 Canadian works out as €51 today. That's not a bad price and makes games a few € cheaper than buying from the American store. I used to buy games from that Canadian site but their delivery times are poor. I think I will have to make a Canadian PSN account.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

$70 Canadian works out as €51 today. That's not a bad price and makes games a few € cheaper than buying from the American store. I used to buy games from that Canadian site but their delivery times are poor. I think I will have to make a Canadian PSN account.

Honestly you think VGP are poor, you get a game at a great price and if you go with the slowest shipping ( 9-12 days ) it is still a steal at €5 for delivery from North America, you can get games now in 3 days if you go by their DHL or FedEx options, which means you can have them anywhere between €10-€20 cheaper than Amazon or a brick and mortar shop and still have them on launch day.

Xenji wrote: »
    Honestly you think VGP are poor, you get a game at a great price and if you go with the slowest shipping ( 9-12 days ) it is still a steal at €5 for delivery from North America, you can get games now in 3 days if you go by their DHL or FedEx options, which means you can have them anywhere between €10-€20 cheaper than Amazon or a brick and mortar shop and still have them on launch day.

I never said VGP were poor :confused:. I said delivery was poor.

I never said VGP were poor :confused:. I said delivery was poor.

And I explained how their delivery is not poor for the savings they offer :p Honestly they tell you what you should expect with their delivery times, so its your own fault going with them and being disappointed :rolleyes: they tell you that it can take between 7-28 days and it has never been over 12 days with their cheapest rate in 4 years for me and quite a few others here.

I have had stuff arrive within 48 hours of placing an order using their DHL Express services.

Oh that's me told.

• Advertisement

Oh that's me told.

Just defending a top notch family run site, you still have not explained to me how their delivery times are poor, if you are going to disparage them, please elaborate in detail why?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

So has anybody have any experience calling PlayStation support in America?

I keep getting directed to the live chat page when I inquire online and that keeps kicking me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Anyone having trouble playing spotify on ps4 it doesn't really work on mine for the last few days just keeps stopping and starting.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Playing infamous second son ,meh its not great.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not the biggest open world fan but infamous has always seemed to be a special kind of bland to me and second son was no different.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

I recently played the elder scrolls online beta and I'm going to get it in June.
    It's 69.99 euro on the ps store
    But on my American account it has a reduced price for ps plus account holders of 53.99 Down from 59.99
    I have ps plus on my Irish account so if I download it via us psn store credit can I just play it on my Irish account.
    And download dlc on American account if need be.

Sorry it's been a while since I purchased any us games and just wanna make sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I recently played the elder scrolls online beta and I'm going to get it in June.
    It's 69.99 euro on the ps store
    But on my American account it has a reduced price for ps plus account holders of 53.99 Down from 59.99
    I have ps plus on my Irish account so if I download it via us psn store credit can I just play it on my Irish account.
    And download dlc on American account if need be.

Sorry it's been a while since I purchased any us games and just wanna make sure.

You need PS plus on your US account to get the reduced price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

How many of the powers have you unlocked? Once you get some of the later ones then traversing the city becomes a real pleasure. Just zipping around the city will be great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Mattyz69

how can you get the US PSN, there are a few games for the PS1 on there like parasite eve that ya cant get on the IE one, will you then be able to download it and play it in ireland?

How many of the powers have you unlocked? Once you get some of the later ones then traversing the city becomes a real pleasure. Just zipping around the city will be great fun.

Just neon and smoke so far .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It picks up a notch when you get the "TV" power tree.

If anything it is a very good looking game for a near launch title.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Neon is the best ;-)

It picks up a notch when you get the "TV" power tree.

If anything it is a very good looking game for a near launch title.

Indeed its a very pretty game.

I'm in the second part of the city now ,is it possible too go back to first part now and finish off all the collectibles etc and can you continue on post game?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Indeed its a very pretty game.

I'm in the second part of the city now ,is it possible too go back to first part now and finish off all the collectibles etc and can you continue on post game?

Yeah you can go back and once you get your last power it makes it a bit easier to cross the broken bridge.

I finished the game a while ago now but I think you can carry on post game. As far as I know you have to play it at least twice to plat the game. A good and evil playthrough with one of those on expert difficulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Good deal on the last of us at Instantgamecodes.com . then have it for 8 pounds. Paid via paypal and came to 11 euros. Not bad. You need a us account to redeem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

padair wrote: »
    Good deal on the last of us at Instantgamecodes.com . then have it for 8 pounds. Paid via paypal and came to 11 euros. Not bad. You need a us account to redeem.

Smashing deal, my only worry is that it will be a ps plus offering at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Traded in a bunch of games and I'm after picking up The Order, Evil Within and Wolfenstein.

Also just picked up Resident Evil (first time playing it) and the Alien isolation season pass.

I've a lot of stuff to do before The Witcher :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Cex up north is so much cheaper than down here, I finally chucked little big planet 3, and was able to get wolfenstein, drive club, and the evil within for £27.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭shawki

Cheers, Downloading it now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Cheers for this. played on PS3 but can't turn it down for that money. Have to stop buying downloads though, no resale value :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement