Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Just got the voucher code for the Beta participation there, quite a delay compared to others!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Just got the voucher code for the Beta participation there, quite a delay compared to others!

I believe there is a new beta version out today so they may have additional people join to see if the same issues persist for new installs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Just got mine too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Yeah obviously letting more in with the newer version of the beta....

Re : controller issue, after me going through 4 since launch also i think mine are finally sorted, have 2 well working ones now over a year thankfully, I did upgrade console about a year ago also...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,460 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just underwent the sheer stress and panic of opening up my controller to fix a longstanding R2 button issue. Felt like I was diffusing a bomb at times with all the small parts I could've so easily broken, it was a success though! Trigger feels great again after removing the spring because it kept getting stuck before, had bought a pair of Xbox One controller analogue sticks in case I ever opened the thing up and got those in too. So much better than the flimsy DS4 sticks.

Bottom line is, if I can manage to do all that then it probably isn't in any way difficult. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

martyos121 wrote: »
    Just underwent the sheer stress and panic of opening up my controller to fix a longstanding R2 button issue. Felt like I was diffusing a bomb at times with all the small parts I could've so easily broken, it was a success though! Trigger feels great again after removing the spring because it kept getting stuck before, had bought a pair of Xbox One controller analogue sticks in case I ever opened the thing up and got those in too. So much better than the flimsy DS4 sticks.

Bottom line is, if I can manage to do all that then it probably isn't in any way difficult. :pac:

I brought one controller back with thumbstick repair and another back for squeaky sticking right trigger. Each time with Argos I new controller no questions asked. Reciept obviously to show it was within a year.

Rhe controller itself feels nice and its leaps and bounds above previous Sony efforts but as someone who moved from the 360 to ps4 I must say I really miss the 360 pad. So much better nevermind the newer better Xbox one pad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,460 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I brought one controller back with thumbstick repair and another back for squeaky sticking right trigger. Each time with Argos I new controller no questions asked. Reciept obviously to show it was within a year.

Rhe controller itself feels nice and its leaps and bounds above previous Sony efforts but as someone who moved from the 360 to ps4 I must say I really miss the 360 pad. So much better nevermind the newer better Xbox one pad.

Yeah can't beat the 360 pad tbh, GOAT controller for me followed by the GameCube one.

Definitely would've had the controller replaced but I lost the receipt for my launch console (I've been lucky with it though thank goodness) so couldn't return that one. Don't even remember where or when I bought the second one so returning that was obviously a no-go too.

I'd highly advise anyone to replace the sticks with XB1 ones though, they feel so much sturdier. Just have to be extremely careful not to damage the touchpad ribbon in the process, it's the only thing that can realistically go wrong but it goes wrong a fair bit from what I've read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

My controllers are acting funny lately, sometimes they charge, sometimes they don't.

I'm trying to charge them now while the ps4 is in rest mode and I'm not seeing any indication of them charging.

wondering if there is any issues with the ps4 overheating and having that affect the charging capabilities? Or if there is a way to see what's stopping the controllers from charging?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Sony releasing an adaptor for PC, assume it's some plug and play bluetooth adapter (with proper drivers for touch and six-axis) as a regular USB or bluetooth adapter would do it also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Varik wrote: »
    Sony releasing an adaptor for PC, assume it's some plug and play bluetooth adapter (with proper drivers for touch and six-axis) as a regular USB or bluetooth adapter would do it also.

I wish they'd make the DS4 fully compatible with the PS3. Tried play Human Revolution with the DS4 and everything works except for the all important menu so I had to go back to the terrible DS3 controller, thumbs keep hitting each other and it's so small. Had forgotten how bad that controller is, never liked it.

• Advertisement

Sony planning to release PS now on PC from leak, could also be releasing PS4 games as well which would be a lot simpler than the custom 8 system PS3 racks.

I wish they'd make the DS4 fully compatible with the PS3. Tried play Human Revolution with the DS4 and everything works except for the all important menu so I had to go back to the terrible DS3 controller, thumbs keep hitting each other and it's so small. Had forgotten how bad that controller is, never liked it.

Was going to do the same for Human revolution but remembered I've got it on PC with DLC and trophies aren't worth the pain that playing it on PS3 would lead to.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Varik wrote: »
    trophies aren't worth the pain.

Take that back! :mad:

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

For those interested, and with a US account, the new PES demo is available. Out tomorrow for those without a US account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,803 ✭✭✭Evade

The Nioh beta is out today if anyone's interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I was browsing the store earlier and noticed that Transformers: Fall of Cybertron was now out for PS4. I'm not paying 30 quid for it but will probably pick it up in a sale as I think it's one of the most underrated games on the PS3 and it's worth a rebut for a reinvigorated multiplayer if nothing else.

Also Pacman Championship Edition DX 2 out next week by the looks of things. Yes please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Playstation has come to Humble Bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/capcom-playstation-bundle

n6YGORH.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Playstation has come to Humble Bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/capcom-playstation-bundle

n6YGORH.jpg

Is it not US exclusive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Is it not US exclusive?

Any of the following American countries:https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/224458328

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Is it not US exclusive?

Yeah, but its very easy to set up a US account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So got email today that my email was changed on psn account. I was like WTF?! Checked if email is legit and it was!

So went on to my ps4 and it still logged in. Checked email and it was changed to some random yahoo email! Called Sony asap and they reseted my email to normal one and gave password reset.

This is just weird. Someone hacked me, but how?! They did not changed password too, which is super odd. Could it be just some generating software, which guessed password and changed email? Non of my other stuff is hacked, so its specific to Sony. I never gave my account details to anyone.

Any ideas?

So got email today that my email was changed on psn account. I was like WTF?! Checked if email is legit and it was!

So went on to my ps4 and it still logged in. Checked email and it was changed to some random yahoo email! Called Sony asap and they reseted my email to normal one and gave password reset.

This is just weird. Someone hacked me, but how?! They did not changed password too, which is super odd. Could it be just some generating software, which guessed password and changed email? Non of my other stuff is hacked, so its specific to Sony. I never gave my account details to anyone.

Any ideas?

I'd say it is some sort of generating software alright, they are getting into people's accounts a lot but people seem to be able to get control before the damage gets done, Sony are usually useless at this stuff...

I think 2FA is coming with 4.0, then they hopefully won't be getting in anywhere....

Surprised it's taken this long after the hack to bother implementing 2FA...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Any ideas?

Do you use the same password on any different online accounts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Inside worth the 20 bucks or wait for a sale? I see Deadlight is down from 20 to 13, same with dex so I'd imagine inside will be down in a month or so or is it worth getting asap?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,691 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Inside is worth it and then some. A more accomplished and confident piece of video game art you would struggle to find.

https://haveibeenpwned.com

This could be worth a go...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just saw a game called Adrift on psn for 20 quid. You are an astronaut stranded in space. Trailer actually looks class but not sure if it's meant for VR or not. Looks just like that film Gravity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Just saw a game called Adrift on psn for 20 quid. You are an astronaut stranded in space. Trailer actually looks class but not sure if it's meant for VR or not. Looks just like that film Gravity.

It is a VR game as well but won't be coming to PSVR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Is street fighter V worth 25 now? Would it be enjoyable as a casual gamer or would i be destroyed every match I play online?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Is street fighter V worth 25 now? Would it be enjoyable as a casual gamer or would i be destroyed every match I play online?

You'll be destroyed and there's very little single player content. I'm a casual gamer and I traded it back in almost immediately. Stick with SFIV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement