Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Just saw a game called Adrift on psn for 20 quid. You are an astronaut stranded in space. Trailer actually looks class but not sure if it's meant for VR or not. Looks just like that film Gravity.

It was shown at E3, it's ok but not great even at €20. It was suspected as being at PSVR launch game but was not to be. I'd wait for it to go on sale or Plus discount before buying it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I put in Watchdogs last night and I'm not sure is it just a TLOU hangover, but it really has not grabbed me. is it worth the effort?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

gimmick wrote: »
    I put in Watchdogs last night and I'm not sure is it just a TLOU hangover, but it really has not grabbed me. is it worth the effort?

Not really, it's very average all round but not as bad as people make out, boring story and side missions. The DLC for it is actually better than the main game.

If you've nothing else to play then is alright but don't expect much from it.

Found it very boring to be honest. After the buzz about it before it was released, I was very disappointed with it.

TLOU on the other hand I've completed 3 times and I never replay games. My favourite game of the last few years.

Cheers. Might just take a break for a while anyway. Then go into AC Syndicate. Have The Division to start also.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

I'm also a huge fan of TLOU. It really inspired me to get back into gaming.

However, on a recent playthough I started to notice how ridiculous the ammo situation is.

For example, I've two bullets left and I silently take down a guy with a shotgun. Then I proceed to step over the shotgun and all of its lovely ammo and head off into the night almost empty-handed.

I know it's only a game, etc. But at the time all of the talk was how TLOU does away with the 'ludonarrative dissonance' of the Uncharted series. But it introduces its own problems. I get that these are just games and the 'realism' has to end somewhere. But that one gameplay element now strikes me as very odd. Even more so on the harder difficulties where managing your ammunition becomes a game in and of itself.

Don't get me wrong, I still absolutely adore the game. I guess its more 'gamey' elements just become more obvious when you have time to sit back and consider them.

My favourite "glitch" for search of a better term in TLOU is how powerful the bow and arrow is. One good shot to the body and the recipient is death. It might take 3 shotgun blasts for the same effect :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

My favourite "glitch" for search of a better term in TLOU is how powerful the bow and arrow is. One good shot to the body and the recipient is death. It might take 3 shotgun blasts for the same effect :D

Well that's just it. Some gameplay elements are there to be enjoyed/exploited despite what little sense they make.

I mean If you were regularly troubled by various gameplay mechanics you'd never be able to play a game again.

I was playing Mankind Divided the other night and I had to make my way to a top secret underground HQ. And if I'm not mistaken the security key card was just lying there on a desk in front of the secret elevator. Totally ridiculous. And then there's the massive ventilation systems leading directly into high security rooms. In a game like that, with its serious tone, setting and themes, it almost breaks the game for me.

I think that's why games like The Binding of Isaac, Bloodborne and Journey really resonate with me. You've already totally suspended your sense of disbelief. They're games and they're upfront about being games. Their 'believability' comes from the immersion, and the immersion comes from pure, uncluttered gameplay that isn't trying to constantly ground itself in some sort of reality.

Mankind Divided is a fine game. Brilliant, even. But I feel the more sophisticated games of its type become, the more difficult it will be to hide the very transparent mechanics that have to be there out of necessity.

You have to give that series its credit though. It's pushing for almost 20 years old and it's still a part of conversations like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

2-step verification has been added.

It's like Google's old version with system/application specific password for devices that didn't support it, so each system has it's own password until they can use the texted verification code.

Wish it was like MS or Steam where you'd just approve on the app without typing anything in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

EoinHef wrote: »
    Do you use the same password on any different online accounts?

Can't remember lol. Usually I got good few variations of my passwords. For main ones like steam, Gmail, wow, wot I got separate passwords. I think for psn I used generic old password.
    It was weird as I was afraid that my email got hacked. Not the case as by the looks of it non of my other accounts had any weird stuff happening. I changed passwords on psn and xbox too just to be safe.
    Sony was very easy and fast to deal with though. The lad in the phone was sound and took minutes to sort it out.

So yeah, by the looks of it, it was just some generator. Its kind of amazing how they managed to guess password with generator.

• Advertisement

Okay, another weird one. I did got my account back yesterday and changed password.

Today I checked my bank account and I sow 20eu of visa to psn with yesterdays date. I did not added it as I was at work. Checked my ps4 and yes, there was 20eu added on 25th, but nothing was bought for it.
    I removed my visa from account and did 2-step security thing now too.

Is my account still hacked?! Even after reset password and email back. Which is weird it had 20eu added, but not spent.
    Ill ask misses if kid was near my ps4 yesterday and was goofing around with it, but I doubt it. She never touches my consoles or pc.

€150 for Logitech G29 new?

Any opinions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Well , Fu€k that... The new PS4 slim has no optical output .

That's a no no for anyone with PX4's or A40's and any other optical links that they may want to use.

I'll stick with my 1200 model and wait for Neo .

https://www.vg247.com/2016/08/25/ps4-slim-take-a-closer-look-at-the-console-and-the-new-dualshock-4-controller-in-this-unboxing-video/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

That's a no no for anyone with PX4's or A40's and any other optical links that they may want to use.

https://www.vg247.com/2016/08/25/ps4-slim-take-a-closer-look-at-the-console-and-the-new-dualshock-4-controller-in-this-unboxing-video/

That's odd. Even the ps3 superslim had an optical port.

You can get splitters that outputs Optical from a HDMI connection, honestly optical is getting on in years.

Was looking at a HDMI matrix (4 to 6 inputs and 2 outputs), currently have 1 of my monitors using DVI so I can have the HDMI on it connected to a console and it's a pain swapping HDMI for multiple consoles and switching the optical around between consoles and PC.

Only issue I'll have is I'll have to replace it eventually as most switches and matrices are 2.0/2.0a at most which is even rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

l5aj3cp.png

Anyone got £380 to spare? :pac:

It's nothing going to end well for those selling them if they're getting out so easily and if Sony decide to act. Considering there's no way to legally purchase one, none of these sales can be legitimate.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I enjoyed it, stick with it, I'm in the minority no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Well they didn't get called out on selling those stolen uncharted 4 copies they got. Although...

ehtUcCc.png

Well they didn't get called out on selling those stolen uncharted 4 copies they got. Although...

A game can build hype but the "guy" is bringing in more with VR, very much doubt Sony is going to sit idly by for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Anybody else getting the "PSN is currently undergoing maintenance (ws-37397-9)" error? Was working perfectly all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Seems to be down according to Reddit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Seems to be back up now, was getting worried cause after I googled the error code it was saying something about banned/suspended accounts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Anybody else getting the "PSN is currently undergoing maintenance (ws-37397-9)" error? Was working perfectly all day.

Yep but it's back up and running for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Okay, another weird one. I did got my account back yesterday and changed password.

Today I checked my bank account and I sow 20eu of visa to psn with yesterdays date. I did not added it as I was at work. Checked my ps4 and yes, there was 20eu added on 25th, but nothing was bought for it.
    I removed my visa from account and did 2-step security thing now too.

Is my account still hacked?! Even after reset password and email back. Which is weird it had 20eu added, but not spent.
    Ill ask misses if kid was near my ps4 yesterday and was goofing around with it, but I doubt it. She never touches my consoles or pc.
    If whoever hacked your account set their console as the primary console, they can still log in.
    There is a facility to undo all primary devices somewhere on psn site which should kick them
    It happened to me when my ps4 was stolen and they kept using my account even after changing password

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭Damien360

Connavar wrote: »
    If whoever hacked your account set their console as the primary console, they can still log in.
    There is a facility to undo all primary devices somewhere on psn site which should kick them
    It happened to me when my ps4 was stolen and they kept using my account even after changing password

The new 2 step verification gives the option to log out of all active devices when it is setup, which should have same effect. Really easy to setup on chrome for store, ps4 and vita. Haven't got round to PS3 yet.

Just noticed in Library under the purchases tab on the right you can sort by purchase date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

TitanFall 2 Tech Test Weekend this weekend...

HERE

Connavar wrote: »

I actually though of it. I did checked online and there was an option to unlink all devices. There were 3 devices on link amd I own only ps3 and ps4. I traded in my ps vita, but I completely wiped it and deactivated.
    So wiped all links. And relinked my ps4 and ps3. All sorted and looks like no more weird stuff going on. I think I got away easy and copped on time. I haven't played on ps4 in months!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭scouttio

Does anyone know is there any way of getting some sort of alert or notification whenever a certain digital game goes down in price? Or even on sale?
    Or is it a case of just keeping an eye on it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement