Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

scouttio wrote: »
    Does anyone know is there any way of getting some sort of alert or notification whenever a certain digital game goes down in price? Or even on sale?
    Or is it a case of just keeping an eye on it?

https://psprices.com/region-ie/index

You can set up alerts and you will receive an email when the price drops for any game that you are monitoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭scouttio

TinCanMan wrote: »
    https://psprices.com/region-ie/index

You can set up alerts and you will receive an email when the price drops for any game that you are monitoring.

Perfect, cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone notice this, not sure if it's part of the 4.0 beta or not, shows the base download as well as the additional download in the same download tile.

At launch it had the rest hidden and that'd download in the background, then they had it show up after the initial and I think recently it would download both at once but I'm not sure.

395464.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Anyone trying out the titanfall 2 test?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

duploelabs wrote: »
    Anyone trying out the titanfall 2 test?

Yeah it's a bit of fun, think it's similar to cod in that the servers favour certain regions pings more as some people are frustrating to kill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,328 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

JamboMac wrote: »
    Yeah it's a bit of fun, think it's similar to cod in that the servers favour certain regions pings more as some people are frustrating to kill.

The original Titanfall on the One had servers in Dublin so there was very little if any lag.

I'm not sure if they have dedicated servers for Titanfall 2 though. I played the Beta and it definitely doesn't play as well as the original.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

emmetkenny wrote:
    I'm not sure if they have dedicated servers for Titanfall 2 though. I played the Beta and it definitely doesn't play as well as the original.

They have dedicated servers but don't exclusively use Azure anymore. They use various server providers including Azure, Google & Amazon servers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,328 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    They have dedicated servers but don't exclusively use Azure anymore. They use various server providers including Azure, Google & Amazon servers.

Google and Amazon have servers in Dublin don't they? Shouldnt be much lag in the final game I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Google and Amazon have servers in Dublin don't they? Shouldnt be much lag in the final game I think.

yes but that assumes the developers of Titanfall have chosen to have their servers in the Irish region of those providers.

Not sure if the games are hosted on them or not but you can pick a server location on the main menu, London listed as well as a few other european locations all showing the ping for each.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Varik wrote: »
    Not sure if the games are hosted on them or not but you can pick a server location on the main menu, London listed as well as a few other european locations all showing the ping for each.

London is closest to us, must be Amazon's servers possibly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

NBA 2K17 is releasing a free demo/Career Mode Starter on the 9th Sept (a week before the main game releases) called The Prelude. It will be a 10gb download from psn store that will allow you to create a player (can also use the companion app out the same day to take a selfie and upload to your character) and start a career in college. Winning games and playing good increases your draft stock. When the main game releases, you can import your charachter and go straight to NBA draft.

Also The Prelude will include a brand new tutorial mode to help new players as that was a big complaint when NBA 2K16 went free on PS Plus.

Will be well worth a download.

https://twitter.com/NBA2K/status/770274848241094656

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,460 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That phonecall at the end of the video confirms some sort of international tournament as well I'd imagine. :)

Yupp 2 National teams already confirmed, the current Team USA and the '92 classic Team USA. Looks like you get a shot at playing with them if you finish the Prelude, just not sure if it's a bonus to play against other college teams to mess around or if they'll have other national teams as well.

Also 'the president of basketball' sounds like they are taking the piss out of last years ridiculous nickname Frequency Vibrations....hopefully anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Does anybody else's San Andreas make a clicking noise when you're in the map?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Varik wrote: »
    €150 for Logitech G29 new?

Any opinions.

Yes, probably the best wheel for PS4. Especially for that money. Had my eye on the G29 on Amazon and also the Thrustmaster T150.

My own questions, Where? and can you get one for me too? :p

Just got Assetto Corsa, and a pad is not the way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I used to hate car games until I played with a wheel.

Glico Man wrote: »
    Yes, probably the best wheel for PS4. Especially for that money. Had my eye on the G29 on Amazon and also the Thrustmaster T150.

My own questions, Where? and can you get one for me too? :p

Just got Assetto Corsa, and a pad is not the way to go.

Amazon uk, they were price matching Currys/PC world. € price in currys here doesn't match up, deal is over in anycase.

Completely forgot Prominence Poker released for free on PSN last week. Have it a go last night and it's actually done really good. Better than retail poker games I've bought in the past.

Any local multiplayer (Splitscreen) recommendations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Not exactly splitscreen but I put on Towerfall: Ascension for me and a few mates recently and it was brilliant fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Rocket League?

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Rocket League?

Doesn't do splitscreen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,460 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Doesn't do splitscreen

It definitely does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭sumsar

Yeah rocket league does splitscreen alright.

In fact I actually wrote a little article about fun splitscreen / couch multiplayer games for the ps4 a few months ago, the main games I listed were as follows;

Blaze Rush
    Battle Trivia Knockout
    Divekick
    Trials Fusion
    Sportsfriends
    Rocket League
    TowerFall Ascension
    Jackbox Party Bundle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Overcooked and Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime two more great couch coop games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Helldivers is good fun too, especially 4 player.

Overcooked can be played 4 player with just 2 controllers if you want or are stuck, had some laugh playing that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭sumsar

maximoose wrote: »
    Overcooked and Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime two more great couch coop games

Those games are new to me, they look great craic, cheers for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Just bought nfs last night and can't play it at all because EA servers are down. Tried FIFA and it can't connect, too, but at least the game can be played.

Not happy :(

• Advertisement

lords of the fallen and journey apparently are the ps+games this month

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement