Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Just finished playing the Uncharted series, my first one to play was uncharted 4 and I have to say, Uncharted 2 was my favourite of the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Battlefield beta up if anyone interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Just finished playing the Uncharted series, my first one to play was uncharted 4 and I have to say, Uncharted 2 was my favourite of the lot.

Wait, you played through all of them, starting at 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

sumsar wrote: »
    Yeah rocket league does splitscreen alright.

In fact I actually wrote a little article about fun splitscreen / couch multiplayer games for the ps4 a few months ago, the main games I listed were as follows;

Blaze Rush
    Battle Trivia Knockout
    Divekick
    Trials Fusion
    Sportsfriends
    Rocket League
    TowerFall Ascension
    Jackbox Party Bundle

minecraft is one of the main couch games out there and not on your list, even though it offers 4 way local and online splitscreen multiplayer.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

SharpCoder wrote: »
    minecraft is one of the main couch games out there and not on your list, even though it offers 4 way local and online splitscreen multiplayer.

+ 1 for minecraft and helldivers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Charizard

duploelabs wrote: »
    lords of the fallen and journey apparently are the ps+games this month
    I just bought Journey :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Thoughts on resident evil 4 is it worth the 20 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Thoughts on resident evil 4 is it worth the 20 euro

Played it on the Wii. Great game but unless you're in a hurry to play it, I imagine it'll be going for a tenner in a couple of months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Played it on the Wii. Great game but unless you're in a hurry to play it, I imagine it'll be going for a tenner in a couple of months.

Ya that's what I thought so bought gta trilogy just now.hours of fun ahead for 16.49

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Otacon wrote: »
    Wait, you played through all of them, starting at 4?

Nope, I never played Uncharted before but a few weeks back a mate gave me his uncharted 4 to see what I thought. I really enjoyed it, mentioned it in this thread and a few posters in here told me to check out the rest of the franchise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Nope, I never played Uncharted before but a few weeks back a mate gave me his uncharted 4 to see what I thought. I really enjoyed it, mentioned it in this thread and a few posters in here told me to check out the rest of the franchise.

I was the same, I had no interest in the Uncharted series until my friend bought Uncharted 3. He called me over to his place and I was hooked. Still haven't finished 4 now that I think of it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Charizard wrote: »
    I just bought Journey :mad:
    :pac:

lousy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Ah OK. For me, playing the series in order meant that U4 was better for it. The ending means more because it wasn't just the weight of the main game but the entire series that I felt.

Anyway, try The Last of Us if you haven't played that yet. Probably Naughty Dog's magnum opus.

• Thoughts on resident evil 4 is it worth the 20 euro

A "Remaster"
    It's just yet another re-release. Capcom would milk a cow dry
    So many of them to count.

Fantastic game if you have never played it tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Does Resi 4 have Ada's assignment included as well? That was a really good addition on ps2. Also i noticed there is no platinum, very lazy from the devs as it's long enough to well warrant a platinum trophy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Does Resi 4 have Ada's assignment included as well? That was a really good addition on ps2. Also i noticed there is no platinum, very lazy from the devs as it's long enough to well warrant a platinum trophy.

Yeah, has everything. Don't know why it's not got a Plat.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Charizard

everytime I enter my details for my credit card it changes, so im not able to purchase anything. Anyone any idea what I should do

Conor mcgregor to be featured in call of duty infinite warfare, yet another reason to not buy it.

• JamboMac wrote: »
    Conor mcgregor to be featured in call of duty infinite warfare, yet another reason to not buy it.

Why would having Conor McGregor in a game deter someone?

M!Ck^ wrote: »

I don't have a high opinion of mcgregor you may be a fan but I ain't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,474 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

+1

50 Cent: Blood on the Sand is a v enjoyable game starring someone I have no time for. Still a great game.

He'll probably be a villain too so all the more reason to buy it if you don't like him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Have had the BF1 beta trying to download for the last 2-3 days on rest mode. It's only downloaded 1.1Gb because of ****e wifi speeds and constant 5-10mins downtime. Thing is, when I connect my phone to the home plugs wifi network (rather than the eircom network, which is what the PS4 is on), the signal is absolutely perfect. Just have issues with the eircom network..and the PS4 is too far from the home plugs to detect the network/be any decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

If you had a strong dislike of McGregor, which the OP clearly does, then that would seem like a good enough reason not to purchase it. I avoid films by certain directors and actors all the time. How is this any different?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone playing the battlefield 1 beta, no real team play going on with randoms.

Anyone interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Does anyone happen to know how much trade in a PS4 500gb is worth at Gamestop? Looking to trade before the playstation meeting on the 7th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Does anyone happen to know how much trade in a PS4 500gb is worth at Gamestop? Looking to trade before the playstation meeting on the 7th.

You'd have to call them. CeX would probably give a better price or you could flog it on Adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Anyone else get an order confirmation for a Network Media Player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Buy UFC and you get to batter him, hehe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Deedsie wrote: »
    Fair point but the op was the one that highlighted McGregors involvement with Call of Duty in the first place. Surely a more reasonable approach would be to just ignore it and avoid the begrudging digs if you dislike him. Seems a petty attitude and an unnecessarily snide post.

Yes it was petty and snide but that's not what the initial reply, and indeed my contribution, were about.

The OP was asked why Conor McGregor's presence in a game would deter anyone, which, with all respect to McGregor, is a stupid question. I very much like McGregor but his whole routine relies on the natural divide he creates. It's one of many reasons he's such a box-office draw and a valuable part of the UFC franchise.

So it's entirely reasonable to avoid a piece of art or entertainment because of his presence. Particularly when his involvement seems random. I'd raise my eyebrow if someone was avoiding the next UFC game because of him. But Call of Duty? How about Battlefield 1? Or maybe riding on horseback as a Skyrim mod? I fully understand why fans of a certain series would not like to see a personality like McGregor arbitrarily dumped into it.

By the way I don't think you're necessarily wrong to expect a certain level of tact on here. This isn't After Hours. However, I let the subject matter temper my expectations. Call of Duty is what it is and I know what to expect from the dialogue that surrounds it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

So I got a PS4 yesterday and tried to say to a Sony account but it won't and me a verification email no matter how many times I click Resend. 12 hours now and still nothing.

Any suggestions?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement