Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,328 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

So I got a PS4 yesterday and tried to say to a Sony account but it won't and me a verification email no matter how many times I click Resend. 12 hours now and still nothing.

Any suggestions?

Is it in your spam box?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

So I got a PS4 yesterday and tried to say to a Sony account but it won't and me a verification email no matter how many times I click Resend. 12 hours now and still nothing.

Any suggestions?

I think you can bypass the verification if you do it through the PlayStation app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Damien360

Any suggestions?

Setup the account on a PC first on PlayStation website. Then log in to ps4. Had the same effort for my sons XB. My PSN account is old so can't remember what I did there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

You'd have to call them. CeX would probably give a better price or you could flog it on Adverts.ie

180 credit, for those interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Set up a new account as recommended. Thanks.

So ,recommended downloads? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,148 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Well lads, thinking about getting a ps4. Haven't been gaming for a couple of years apart from the odd bit here and there on the ps3...just haven't had much time but alas I think the time has come to awaken my inner gaming spirit :D

Is it worth getting a ps4 now or should I hold on till a new ps comes out, is that happening in the near future?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Rumoured to be released in October

• Registered Users Posts: 8,148 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

gimli2112 wrote: »

Sounds like it'll be out for xmas so. Hmm probably best to wait for that then.

gimli2112 wrote:

Any rumors what it will be our how will it compare to current PS4? I assume it's just an updated PS4 rather than a PS5 or anything line that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Any rumors what it will be our how will it compare to current PS4? I assume it's just an updated PS4 rather than a PS5 or anything line that?

The rumour is there will be two console reveals - the already in the wild PS4 slim model (with the same specs as the current model, only more efficient) and the PS4K or Neo, which will have about double the power of the current PS4.

Am I right in saying then that theres no point in me upgrading unless I plan on getting a 4K TV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,460 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

ItsHoggie wrote: »

I'd say it's the Slim launching this week and the Neo end of October-start of November. If it's going to be an expensive console, they'll want to leave it a while to guarantee a decent launch because many can't stump up a few hundred quid on three days notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Anyone playing the WW1 FPS Verdun? Thinking of picking it up, currently 15 quid on store.

Am I right in saying then that theres no point in me upgrading unless I plan on getting a 4K TV?

Not necessarily. While the main addition will likely be the ability to play 4K media, games may also be updated to take advantage of the new hardware. For instance, some games may get improved frame-rates from the new console.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

All PS4 games released from October this year must have a Neo mode too according to a Sony report. It's to become a mandatory requirement going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Damien360

All PS4 games released from October this year must have a Neo mode too according to a Sony report. It's to become a mandatory requirement going forward.

Neo_zpsxsaaab6x.jpg

True, but what form that Neo mode takes is up to the developer. The only rule Sony have seemingly put in place is that the frame-rate on the mode cannot be worse than the original.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Like I would go for a neo but being honest I just don't know would it make that much of a difference. Like up scalding games to 4K be fantasic but would they run good on a 4K tv is another question.

At the moment I am re playing crash 3 again on the Vita I near 20 year old game form the ps1 only now I am saying it's starting to show its age. To me it's not about power the wii u proves that fantasic looking games that will age. Loads of stuff on the Xbox and ps3 have aged really bad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Otacon wrote: »
    True, but what form that Neo mode takes is up to the developer. The only rule Sony have seemingly put in place is that the frame-rate on the mode cannot be worse than the original.

So no 29fps games are allowed on the Neo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

PSN down?

Passing all tests apart from the Psn sign in.

Just says psn might be temporarily busy.....not good enough for a paid service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,474 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    PSN down?

No issues for me in last 30 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Working fine since just about 7 when playing KoF online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Red dead remastered for the ps4 coming next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,460 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

duploelabs wrote: »

Next year is the rumour I read, am I missing something? Dying for it come out because I've never finished it and was about to go back to it on the 360.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

duploelabs wrote: »

What!?!? Where did you see this??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Sorry, announcement next week
    http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1274103

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    PSN down?

I used to always get this on WiFi, since I went wired I've never seen it except for scheduled maintenance or things like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

So is psn down then?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement