Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Not much good if the games I want to play are on PlayStation or XBox.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

The best graphics card currently costs close to a grand I don't think we can compare apples and oranges really, but to get the best from them you need multiple screens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,152 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Beefy78 wrote: »
    So is this what we're going to be looking forward to now....? Gone are ten year life-cycles replaced with gaming PCs in a box with a €300 price point necessitating cheap-hardware which is outdated within three months of release?

I just wish they'd charge a proper amount for these machines and give us something really worth the money,

What 10-year life cycles? The only reason the PS3/360 generation lasted so long was because of the recession, and even then the 360 was 8 years before the XB1 came out.

First generation (1972–1976)
    Second generation (1976–1983)
    Third generation (1983–1987)
    Fourth generation (1987–1993)
    Fifth generation (1993–1998)
    Sixth generation (1998–2005)
    Seventh generation (2005–2012)
    Eighth generation (2012–present)

It's generally an average of 6 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

They (certainly Sony) tend to cite a ten year lifecycle. There's substantial overlap at the end obviously.

The PS3 is still being supported now. The PS2's final retail game was released in 2014. No way is the PS4 being supported in 2021/22

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

What if I already own a standard PS4? Is there an easy way to transfer my games, saved data, and Share captured content from a standard PS4 to PS4 Pro?
    Yes. You will be able to copy your games, saved data, captured videos and screenshots, system settings, and other content from a standard PS4 to PS4 Pro using a standard Ethernet cable. This process will also work from standard PS4 to standard PS4, PS4 Pro to standard PS4, and PS4 Pro to PS4 Pro provided that both units have system software update 4.00 or higher installed, and the same PSN account is signed into both systems.

Alternatively, you can log-into PSN with your PS4 Pro, access your games and content library, and re-download your previously purchased games and content. Of course, your saved data in online storage will transfer as well.

Same ability to transfer as with the PS3 over ethernet between systems being added.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Charizard

The Pro really doesnt interest me tbh. Ill wait for the PS5. Plus mostly cause of the poorness :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Samsung have their 8k tv launching next year 55 inch €3,500 looks expensive but sharp are already selling a 98 inch for 133,000.

So 4K TVs should drop quite quick next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Psn spitting this at me - ws-37397-9

Google not been my friend thus far. Anyone any ideas. Basically I cannot access the ps store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

I think that's the 'Upgrade to PS4 Pro error' message.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

NBA 2K17 The Prelude is on the store for download now if anyones interested to trying 2k17 before buying or plan to inmport your character over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

gimmick wrote: »
    Psn spitting this at me - ws-37397-9

Google not been my friend thus far. Anyone any ideas. Basically I cannot access the ps store.

Reset your router. Basically that error code means your IP address has been banned due to an error with your router. Change the IP address in your router settings and you should be golden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Glico Man wrote: »
    Reset your router. Basically that error code means your IP address has been banned due to an error with your router. Change the IP address in your router settings and you should be golden.

That just a case of turning it on and off ya?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Thought Overwatch was supposed to be free to download and play this weekend from today. On the store it's just discounted by €20. On XBL it's free to download already.

Why is PSN always so far behind XBL these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Thought Overwatch was supposed to be free to download and play this weekend from today. On the store it's just discounted by €20. On XBL it's free to download already.

I think it's free from 7PM...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,327 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yup 7pm tonight. Was available to Pre download on Xbox this morning.

Sony not allowing mods to be released for Fallout 4 or the Skyrim remaster.

Why? Very strange from Sony

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

emmetkenny wrote: »

At least they got that.

Starting to get annoyed at Sony more and more lately.

XBL is getting better and better, better preload times and now today it's confirmed mod support is gone from Fallout 4 and Skyrim on PS4 because Sony are too stuck in their ways.

Starting to drift back to other side for my primary gaming as Sony don't care anymore.

It was available to download and play on XB1 last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Sony not allowing mods to be released for Fallout 4 or the Skyrim remaster.

Why? Very strange from Sony

Yup,thats gonna hurt them in the long run. The explanation from bethesda is not very clear at this stage though,the way its worded it doesnt sound like a technical issue,more like Sony have just decided to not go ahead with it.

I hope they havent just decided for the consumer that its not needed just like EA access. If mods take off on console,which if done correctly they shoud,it'll be bad for Sony. Personally a console that allows mod support is much more attractive to me than one that does not. Would definitely influence my next purchase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,327 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

At least they got that.

Starting to get annoyed at Sony more and more lately.

XBL is getting better and better, better preload times and now today it's confirmed mod support is gone from Fallout 4 and Skyrim on PS4 because Sony are too stuck in their ways.

Starting to drift back to other side for my primary gaming as Sony don't care anymore.

There has been some very very good games on Games With Gold the last while and I'm really looking forward to ReCore. Could be a sleeper hit as it doesn't seem to be getting much coverage.

Cactus were you able to play last night? One the lads couldn't find it to download but it was in his ready to install list this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Still no sign of it.
    Link on PS4 brings me to the €20 discount download.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Just buy Overwatch one of the best shooters I have ever played ... Well worth the 50euro although you could probably get disc version for around the same price...

Wish they kept Lucio Ball however, it was so much fun

There has been some very very good games on Games With Gold the last while and I'm really looking forward to ReCore. Could be a sleeper hit as it doesn't seem to be getting much coverage.

Cactus were you able to play last night? One the lads couldn't find it to download but it was in his ready to install list this morning.

I downloaded it around 11.30 last night and had a few games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Is overwatch free for ever or just this weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Just the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,460 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Can't be done.

Mod edit: Deleted game sharing quote.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

No game sharing discussion allowed as per Sony Ts and Cs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

martyos121 wrote: »
    Can't be done.

Ah shyte, better hope he gets sick of it so. Which won't be happening for a while. Sound anyway martyos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

martyos121 wrote: »
    Can't be done.

Mod edit: Deleted game sharing quote.

My apologies mod, didn't know.. Can we still be friends???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

I added Overwatch to my cart and it started downloading so I presume thats the free version? Never checked out or anything.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement