Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,460 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Yeah downloading the free version myself too, either it's just gone up very recently or people didn't spot the "Try Free Demo" option. Probably the former to be fair.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

martyos121 wrote: »
    Yeah downloading the free version myself too, either it's just gone up very recently or people didn't spot the "Try Free Demo" option. Probably the former to be fair.

The "try free demo" wasn't there before 7pm, I checked.
    86% installed now.
    GerB40 wrote: »
    My apologies mod, didn't know.. Can we still be friends???

Of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,460 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

F1ngers wrote: »
    The "try free demo" wasn't there before 7pm, I checked.
    86% installed now.

Only found out about the free weekend today but it's unacceptable for it to go up so late, Blizzard couldn't be too happy about it I'm sure.

Still, should be playing it by midnight hopefully, there's a couple of mates who've been badgering me to get it so might end up buying it later as well if enjoy it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

The install is taking forever for me, doubt i'll get a game tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

EoinHef wrote: »
    Yup,thats gonna hurt them in the long run. The explanation from bethesda is not very clear at this stage though,the way its worded it doesnt sound like a technical issue,more like Sony have just decided to not go ahead with it.

I hope they havent just decided for the consumer that its not needed just like EA access. If mods take off on console,which if done correctly they shoud,it'll be bad for Sony. Personally a console that allows mod support is much more attractive to me than one that does not. Would definitely influence my next purchase.

Bethesda talked about it back in June, It would basically give modders access to the point where they'd historically need a licence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Varik wrote: »
    Bethesda talked about it back in June, It would basically give modders access to the point where they'd historically need a licence.

Man it sucks if it stays this way,its such a gain for players to have mods. I would love to see them work something out. Even if it only ended up being bethesda games for the forseeable future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Just starting cp 18 in uncharted 4. The story is fantastic in it but the game play is meh i am finding. As i played rise of the tomb raider right before this and to be fair the game play is so much better in that gun play and the fact you have a bow and arrow, hunting for upgrades, crafting, claiming and so on it just plays perfect but the story was a bit meh compare to the 1st tomb raider i don't really remember much of it at all on like uncharted where i can tell you the full story of the 5 games no problem.

So if they used the game play of Rise of the tomb raider and the story of uncharted we will have one of the best games of all time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Man it sucks if it stays this way,its such a gain for players to have mods. I would love to see them work something out. Even if it only ended up being bethesda games for the forseeable future.

Apparently the problem is Sony are too tight to pay for a 2GB download for each mod on their server's......

MS give Bethesda 2GB cap on mods, Sony have only agreed to offer 800mb downloads, which apparently is not much use for mods for Bethesda game's...

And the pair seem to be stuck there unfortunately...

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭TheZPPanda

Fieldog wrote: »
    Apparently the problem is Sony are too tight to pay for a 2GB download for each mod on their server's......

MS give Bethesda 2GB cap on mods, Sony have only agreed to offer 800mb downloads, which apparently is not much use for mods for Bethesda game's...

And the pair seem to be stuck there unfortunately...

From Reddit

"Sony has proprietary texture and audio formats that are optimized for the ps4. Bethesda wanted to bundle the codecs with the GECK so mod creators could convert their mods to the ps4 format but Sony probably didn't like the idea of releasing the codecs to the public for free. In the closed Fallout 4 mods beta the ps4 was having major performance issues when using PC textures, the audio wouldn't work, and there was also a 900MB mod limit"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Last Guardian delayed again :rolleyes:

Only 2 months but now comes out same day as South Park damn it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

maximoose wrote: »

Id prefer it to launch late than broken.

But, I reckon we'll probably get both at this rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Charizard

maximoose wrote: »

Seems like Ive been waiting 40 years for it

Can anyone advise me on the difference between these two monitors. One of them is a good bit cheaper and I'm not exactly sure why. Want to use with my PS4 and occasionally as a screen for desktop/laptop:

AOC 27 inch 1 ms Response Time, LED Gaming Monitor, Display Port, HDMI, VGA, Speakers, 75 Hz, Adaptive Sync, Vesa G2778VQ

£160

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01D6SW8G6/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2HC6JMOAELYE4&coliid=I1X314LL3OLQQ2

AOC 27 inch 144 Hz LED Gaming Monitor, 1 ms Response Time, Height Adjust, Display Port, HDMI, DVI, VGA, Speakers, Adaptive Sync Compatible G2770PF

£240

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B013YIR5WU/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2HC6JMOAELYE4&coliid=I123MOA9AJ7M2N

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

The jump from 75Hz to 144Hz would be the main difference, although no real difference for PS4 use. Might be a benefit depending on what pc work or gaming you're doing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,691 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Refresh rate - one can display 144 frames a second, the other 75. The latter is cheaper inevitably.

High frame rate monitors are pretty redundant for consoles which display at 60 FPS max (and you're bloody lucky if you get that), so you won't get any tangible benefit out of the more expensive one unless you're using it for PC too. It'd be a night and day difference there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Sony have another press conference on at TGS

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Firmware 4.0 coming tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Firmware 4.0 coming tomorrow.

Interested in seeing how the HDR support looks on my 4K TV, plus they have finally added folders.

Hmm I'm thinking of building a PC in the near future so it might be worth the extra in order to future proof it. I might get by with 24" rather than 27" which is cheaper. hard to decide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,474 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Hopefully it won't include the horrible white trophy notifications. Terrible looking. Also happens when a friend goes online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Hopefully it won't include the horrible white trophy notifications. Terrible looking. Also happens when a friend goes online.

The colour scheme will be like that, the same as the beta. I like it anyway, it's quite unobtrusive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Xenji wrote: »
    Interested in seeing how the HDR support looks on my 4K TV, plus they have finally added folders.

When will games support HDR? Is there any that will at launch of support?

Id love to see HDR in person,like VR id imagine you cant really get a sense of it to you see it first hand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

The colour scheme will be like that, the same as the beta. I like it anyway, it's quite unobtrusive.

From the amount of people who complained about it on the Beta forum I wouldn't be so sure. Hopefully anyway. I personally think it looks terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

When will games support HDR? Is there any that will at launch of support?

Id love to see HDR in person,like VR id imagine you cant really get a sense of it to you see it first hand

According to a lot of developers Sony really caught them off guard when they announced HDR for the current PS4, but it looks like NBA 2K17 will be the first to have HDR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

According to a lot of developers Sony really caught them off guard when they announced HDR for the current PS4, but it looks like NBA 2K17 will be the first to have HDR.

This was in the small print of the BF1 Xbox bundle video this morning. I'm guessing it applies to PS4 too.

"HDR functionality coming soon to Battlefield 1 via online update."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Anyone upgrading from launch ps4 to slim model? Is that just a waste?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm not gonna bother, although mine is stupidly loud.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Any idea how big the update is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I reckon they will have some HDR trailers, maybe even in 4K as well. They would be mad not have them if the PS4 can do it, which if it can output HDR, it should be able to handle 4K HDR video.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement