Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Still not working. I'm also getting notifications for posts in 'my community' for which i have not joined like s Spanish minecraft community. Gives me the option to join when i open it so i know I'm not in it but getting notifications for it. Very strange.

Edit: hoggie you're prob right about it being to do with psn issue. Fecking fifa demo.

Yeah it's not appearing for me either. Hopefully just a PSN issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Well it's there for me, don't know why it's still acting up for ye it's been fine for me all day besides around the time the FIFA demo came out.

Just shows how poorly PSN is though, if traffic for a demo can mess up it like that.

Edit: also got a notification for a Community that I'm not part of, that was last night tho before 4.0 haven't received any yet. And I even had notifications turned off for communities :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Sometimes the 'overview' doesn't show for me because I keep putting the machine into rest mode. Pressing down does nothing until I turn it off and back on again (typical computing fix :pac:). Constant rest mode seems to mess the system up for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

What on Earth were they thinking with the look of that notification box? It's horrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Beefy78 wrote: »
    What on Earth were they thinking with the look of that notification box? It's horrid.

I didn't like it initially either but having used it for a few weeks in the beta, I'm used to it now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

They should give the option of turning back to the original if you want.
    It couldn't be that hard.

Anyone who is thinking of getting the new 'Slim' and uses a headset then this may work for other headsets.
    I use the LS30 so at least there's a workaround.

https://lucidsound.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/227059668-Using-the-LS30-with-the-new-PS4-slim-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Am I the only one who likes the new notification design? I think it's pretty nice and neat. I agree that they probably should give the option to change the colour of it or something to that effect, but I'm pretty happy with it personally.

Nailz wrote: »
    Am I the only one who likes the new notification design? I think it's pretty nice and neat. I agree that they probably should give the option to change the colour of it or something to that effect, but I'm pretty happy with it personally.

Yes you are. :pac:

Yes you are. :pac:
    camiseta-memes-okay.jpg

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I like it too, I honestly don't see why everyone hates it so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

I don't hate it, but the white is just very jarring or something against darker themes and looks off.

Does anyone here use Spotify on their PS4 and are unable to connect with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

maximoose wrote: »
    I don't hate it, but the white is just very jarring or something against darker themes and looks off.

But if you have white theme it's fine, it's not really the end of the world.

Does anyone here use Spotify on their PS4 and are unable to connect with it?

I was connecting with it with no real issues last night, it did chug a bit though when I first connected to it following the firmware update, but that was about it.

I absolutely love the ability to access it from the new Quick Menu without having to go into the full Spotify app and suspending all other running applications/games. My one criticism is that they need a shortcut button to pause/play the current track without having to scroll back up through the Music menu (like the way you can skip tracks by pressing L1/R1).

I was connecting with it with no real issues last night, it did chug a bit though when I first connected to it following the firmware update, but that was about it.

I absolutely love the ability to access it from the new Quick Menu without having to go into the full Spotify app and suspending all other running applications/games. My one criticism is that they need a shortcut button to pause/play the current track without having to scroll back up through the Music menu (like the way you can skip tracks by pressing L1/R1).

I used have a different account on Spotify that was linked with my Facebook(which i've since deactivated). Spotify released my email address associated with it so i could sign in without FB and thats when problems started. I'm wondering could it have something to do with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I control Spotify on the PS4 through the Spotify app on my mobile or tablet, handier that way.

I control Spotify on the PS4 through the Spotify app on my mobile or tablet, handier that way.

It works that way for me alright but the app won't open that's on PSN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Open Spotify on your phone, select continue listening on ps4 and you can use it as a remote. Pretty sure you can even pause and skip tracks without unlocking the screen(android)

I do use my phone the odd time for Spotify, but I just thought it'd be a handy shortcut now that they've improved the Quick Menu this far already...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

It works that way for me alright but the app won't open that's on PSN.

There is an update for the PS4 Spotify app. Have you downloaded that?

• Gota agree with Boogie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Gota agree with Boogie

Bit of a rambling mess of a video but regarding the mods:
    Have Sony gave a reason for not allowing the mods. I read somewhere that it was down to Sony's proprietary codecs but I'm not sure it's the official reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Download speeds are atrocious atm. Predownloading NBA 2K16, 61 GBs, said 8 hours left. Paused it and unpaused it, 3 hours left. Then i got greedy and tried again. ....60 hours left and staying at that.

Edit: meant 2k17 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

^^^^

2K17 or 2K16?

I know a load of us had problems downloadimg 2K16 when it went on plus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Woops! Meant NBA 2K17.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

hey ,
    have a problem with my ps4

controller will work on the main menu - no probs but once i click into an application be it a game, youtube, netflix only the PS button will work

any ideaS?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Damien360

arayess wrote: »
    hey ,

controller will work on the main menu - no probs but once i click into an application be it a game, youtube, netflix only the PS button will work

any ideaS?

There is a reset button on the controller. Quick google says it is on the back beside L2. Worth trying that first. Probably will have to pair it again afterwards by using wire to connect first time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

arayess wrote: »
    hey ,

any ideaS?

Could try resetting the controller? There's a small hole on the back with a reset button.

• Advertisement

Otacon wrote: »
    There is an update for the PS4 Spotify app. Have you downloaded that?

Tried that. It says I've the latest version downloaded.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement