Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is Playstation Now officially available in Ireland?

Can't find anything on Sony's website other than the pricing for the UK.

I doubt it will come at this stage, we get shafted again :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

According to my PS4 speed test I'm getting 75mbs, but it takes 5 minutes to download a 50mb Netflix update. Ohh PSN :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

forumuser wrote: »
    Apologies for the really stupid question but I just can't figure this out! My 8 year old son is talking about asking for a PS for Christmas. Argos seem to have a good bundle at the minute for €300 including a lego star wars game. But before I buy it I can't figure out if we will need the internet to use the console. I understand of course we'll be relying on disc games and he won't be able to play online with friends but as he's so young that's not a problem for the time being.
    We're rural with no landline internet available and can't see this changing anytime soon. We only have a mobile hotspot with a 15gb per month download limit. Speed is 1-2mb download, 0.5mb upload in case that's relevant.
    I haven't posted here before so hope I'm in the right place. Thanks

Just be careful of the game that comes with the PS4 if its a physical disc then your fine, but if its a digital download of the game then you are looking at about 6-8gb of a download.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I just saw the bundle you're thinking of getting from Argos, pretty good value! Don't forget that you can get a free game under the special offers section on that deal.

For the free game, you have a choice of No Man's Sky, Ratchet & Clank, and Uncharted 4. The latter two are particularly good! I'd recommend Ratchet & Clank for the wee lad anyway. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

Nailz wrote: »
    I'd recommend Ratchet & Clank for the wee lad anyway. :)

I'm 28 and loved it too :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

maximoose wrote: »

28? Sure you're still a wee lad yourself! :)

And yep, Rachet & Clank is excellent fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,457 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The original R&C was my very first game for the PS2, definitely held a special place in my heart. The remake/re-imagining more than did it justice. Absolutely fantastic game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

Guys I just had 50 euro worth of funds added to my psn wallet this morning....

While I was asleep!
    Anyone ever encounter this problem before?

I'm the only person who uses the account and nobody was on the ps4, they would need to enter a password anyway.

It appears it happened another time before that as Theres 100 euro in total.
    I think I better ring sony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I'd be changing my password too, just in case. Obviously getting given €100 in credit is nice but best get out whilst you're ahead.

Im pretty sure Ive been hacked. :mad:

Cant login into my account using my password, cant reset the password due to an "invalid email address".

Those c*nts must have changed the email address. Have to wait 10 mins before the support line is open.

Last time i ever leave paypal on my account.

• Advertisement

• martyos121 wrote: »
    The original R&C was my very first game for the PS2, definitely held a special place in my heart. The remake/re-imagining more than did it justice. Absolutely fantastic game.

Twas a time-eater also :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Doge wrote: »
    Im pretty sure Ive been hacked. :mad:

Cant login into my account using my password, cant reset the password due to an "invalid email address".

Those c*nts must have changed the email address. Have to wait 10 mins before the support line is open.

Last time i ever leave paypal on my account.

Can you check your paypal to see if you have "gifted" yourself the 100?

Rang PSN and had everything sorted out pretty quickly and efficiently.

Ive now enabled 2 step verification. Might be worth doing for anyone reading this as getting hacked isnt exactly the most pleasant thing to happen! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Definitely should enable 2 factor authentication. For everything you have the option on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Nailz wrote: »
    I just saw the bundle you're thinking of getting from Argos, pretty good value! Don't forget that you can get a free game under the special offers section on that deal.

For the free game, you have a choice of No Man's Sky, Ratchet & Clank, and Uncharted 4. The latter two are particularly good! I'd recommend Ratchet & Clank for the wee lad anyway. :)

Just on Ratchet and Clank, I see it is €30 in Argos. Getting a good deal there? Half tempted to pick it up tomorrow just for a change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

It's about €23 from Amazon, but €30 isn't too bad.

It's a short enough playthrough, even if you're going for the platinum and could trade it into CeX when you're done for €15.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

It's about €23 from Amazon, but €30 isn't too bad.

It's a short enough playthrough, even if you're going for the platinum and could trade it into CeX when you're done for €15.

It's only €30 there too ,
    https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=711719848639#.V-P-LDUkqbg

Argos never seem to have any bloody stock in the store you need it to be in :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Ive now enabled 2 step verification. Might be worth doing for anyone reading this as getting hacked isnt exactly the most pleasant thing to happen! :pac:

Can you explain the 2 step verification. Is it tied to your mobile number or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Rang PSN and had everything sorted out pretty quickly and efficiently.

Least you got sorted. Meant to set up 2FA a while back, think someone else on here got hacked too a short while ago.

It's tied to mobile phone number. Sends an SMS when you log in and you input the verification code then. Same provider as Microsoft as I had a few texts from the same number in my phone with MS codes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

lertsnim wrote: »
    Can you explain the 2 step verification. Is it tied to your mobile number or what?

Basically when you log your PS account in anywhere, be it online on a PC, the app on your phone, or someone elses PS4- your phone gets a text with a code in it, you input the code and then it lets you sign in... :)

• Advertisement

Keith186 wrote: »
    Least you got sorted. Meant to set up 2FA a while back, think someone else on here got hacked too a short while ago.

It's tied to mobile phone number. Sends an SMS when you log in and you input the verification code then. Same provider as Microsoft as I had a few texts from the same number in my phone with MS codes.

Looks like I spoke too soon.

So on the phone earlier the sony rep said I would be refunded for the 100 euro worth of wallet purchases yet the 100 euro remained in my wallet...

...until a few hours ago that is when I received an email receipt entitled:
    "Thank you for your purchase of......

...wait for it....

12,000 Madden NFL Points - €99.99 :eek:

These hacking c*nts sure know to hit you where it hurts! :pac:

This is despite resetting my password to something new and enabling 2 step verification. :mad:
    I received no verification code on my phone at the time of the purchase or beforehand.

The hack is obviously happening internally on their servers.

The funny thing is that the name in the email receipt is "ggg ggg" and the online id is different to mine, better off not posting it in case they do a google search and find this thread.

Looks like sony will have one angry customer to please tomorrow on their phone line...

Looks like I spoke too soon.

So on the phone earlier the sony rep said I would be refunded for the 100 euro worth of wallet purchases yet the 100 euro remained in my wallet...

...until a few hours ago that is when I received an email receipt entitled:
    "Thank you for your purchase of......

...wait for it....

12,000 Madden NFL Points - €99.99 :eek:

These hacking c*nts sure know to hit you where it hurts! :pac:

This is despite resetting my password to something new and enabling 2 step verification. :mad:
    I received no verification code on my phone at the time of the purchase or beforehand.

The hack is obviously happening internally on their servers.

The funny thing is that the name in the email receipt is "ggg ggg" and the online id is different to mine, better off not posting it in case they do a google search and find this thread.

Looks like sony will have one angry customer to please tomorrow on their phone line...

That really sucks man, hope you get it sorted...

Sounds to me like he possibly set your console as primary before you had changed up all the details/pws

Is your PS4 set as the primary console?

Can you get back in at the moment? And if you can, log in on PC, see is it showing your PS as primary...

Have you to input your PW for purchases?

I have this set for little fingers in the house...

All these things can be enabled on your end to try tighten it up for the future...

There has to be some form of brute PW getting software or something they are using, seems to be more and more cases of this stuff as time goes on...

Also on the very off chance, if you are a Gmail user, enable 2FA on that account, as he may actually be in via your email which would be worse in the long run....

If your on Gmail page on a desktop, you can click details at the bottom to see the IP addresses that have logged into your Gmail account...

Fieldog wrote: »
    That really sucks man, hope you get it sorted...

Sounds to me like he possibly set your console as primary before you had changed up all the details/pws

Is your PS4 set as the primary console?

Can you get back in at the moment? And if you can, log in on PC, see is it showing your PS as primary...

Have you to input your PW for purchases?

I have this set for little fingers in the house...

All these things can be enabled on your end to try tighten it up for the future...

There has to be some form of brute PW getting software or something they are using, seems to be more and more cases of this stuff as time goes on...

Also on the very off chance, if you are a Gmail user, enable 2FA on that account, as he may actually be in via your email which would be worse in the long run....

If your on Gmail page on a desktop, you can click details at the bottom to see the IP addresses that have logged into your Gmail account...

Thanks for the help fieldog.
    I just spotted that there is a "sub account" in my account with the hackers email details setup to make purchases from my main account.

I think ill leave it there til I ring tomorrow so Sony can see for themselves.

My own PS4 has always been set as the primary console btw so thats not the issue, it appears to be this sub account thing which I didnt know existed.

Dont use Gmail either btw.

Im surprised Sony didnt investigate further today and spot the sub account issue.

Looks like I was able to edit parental controls for this sub account, spending limit €0.00, Chat - blocked, User Generated Media - Blocked.

Pretty pathetic hitting them like that in comparison to how hard they hit me! :p

Looks like I was able to edit parental controls for this sub account, spending limit €0.00, Chat - blocked, User Generated Media - Blocked.

Pretty pathetic hitting them like that in comparison to how hard they hit me! :p

No, I think you have taken the exact right steps, I knew there had to be something fishy with it, do leave the account on it, that way Sony may be able to get his IP and ban his PlayStation indefinitely...

Seems to be a new tactic, I haven't heard of them setting up a sub account to tack on under a main account after a hack, smart move...

At least they will be aware of it now, even though chances are they have already seen it before....

Forgot to mention that I have the password required at checkout option enabled all along too, but since they setup a sub account they can get around that.

Cheers again fieldog!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Make sure you take down the details of the sub account incase they cop on and delete them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Did you set it to log out of all systems when you enabled 2 step?

Varik wrote: »
    Did you set it to log out of all systems when you enabled 2 step?

I didnt get that option tbh but it should automatically happen.

They purchased the NFL points using a sub account for their own psn ID so it woudnt have mattered anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Unfortunately it doesn't log out of all accounts automatically. There was an option to do it when you first enabled 2-step. For some dumb reason the default is to not log out automatically.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement