Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

So rang them again there.
    The refund request is not instant, it has to be to be sent off to head office and be investigated.

Thats why the €100 was still in my wallet.

They will also be investigating the sub account and the psn id that purchased rhe madden NFL points.

Looks like I could be waiting a while on this.

The sub account will remain until that point in time so i wont be doing sh1t with my Irish PSN account.

Top up cards from that point forward Id say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Doge wrote: »
    So rang them again there.
    The refund request is not instant, it has to be to be sent off to head office and be investigated.

Thats why the €100 was still in my wallet.

They will also be investigating the sub account and the psn id that purchased rhe madden NFL points.

Looks like I could be waiting a while on this.

Same story when something like this happens in Xbox, it has to be sent to a T3 support team, who are the only ones with the tools to determine the fraudulent activity on the account, they make the decision with their tools and send it back to the CSA or directly contact the customer...

May take around 10 working days but hopefully this means they will ban the little hacking sh1t...

Thanks again for the support guys.

I just deactivated the 2 step verification there and reactivated it instantly.

I saw the option to sign out of all devices this time and it was ticked by default.

If i had to bet I reckon it was ticked by default the first time also.

Fingers crossed PSN follow through with the refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Thanks again for the support guys.

I just deactivated the 2 step verification there and reactivated it instantly.

I saw the option to sign out of all devices this time and it was ticked by default.

If i had to bet I reckon it was ticked by default the first time also.

Fingers crossed PSN follow through with the refund.

I actually think there is a bug in their implementation of the "sign out of all devices" function - when I set up 2FA I made sure to choose that option, but I was still not asked to re-authenticate on my PS4 the next time I used it. I had to manually sign out of the PS4 to check that the 2FA was working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Anybody else having problems downloading updates? I have a couple of updates available but they're giving me errors "cannot download". The updates are for Doom and Witcher 3. They're probably hefty updates but I've got 60GB free on the hard drive so I don't think that's the problem, although an update for firewatch downloaded no bother...

Edit: I got it sorted, I found out you can get details on the error notification and yeah apparently 60GBs of free space isn't enough to download a 2GB update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

I actually think there is a bug in their implementation of the "sign out of all devices" function - when I set up 2FA I made sure to choose that option, but I was still not asked to re-authenticate on my PS4 the next time I used it. I had to manually sign out of the PS4 to check that the 2FA was working.

Same for me. Set up 2FA to sign out all devices and didn't have to sign in on phone app or ps4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

I've received two emails from Sony asking me to change my password. They look legit but I'm becoming increasingly paranoid about this stuff. Anyone else receive them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Pickpocket wrote: »
    I've received two emails from Sony asking me to change my password. They look legit but I'm becoming increasingly paranoid about this stuff. Anyone else receive them?

Nope, haven't received any. What's the email you got it from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,801 ✭✭✭Evade

Pickpocket wrote: »
    The safest thing to do would be log into your PS4 or SEN and change the password there instead of following any links in emails if you doubt they're genuine.

It's from sony@email.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

Surely to god that's legit.

Either way I just changed my password.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Got stuck into Diablo III last night.

Its great craic altogether.

Reminds me of the button bashing simple days of Ghouls and Ghosts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Got stuck into Diablo III last night.

Its great craic altogether.

Reminds me of the button bashing simple days of Ghouls and Ghosts.

The only game other then Borderlands 2 that i have bought more then 3 times :D

As its just simple good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The only game other then Borderlands 2 that i have bought more then 3 times :D

As its just simple good fun.

I bought it 3 times as well, it is a good laugh if you have a few friends playing with you with couch co-op, especially fighting over loot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Should I trade in my white PS4 500GB console that is around 2 years old for €178 with CEX and upgrade to the PS4 Slim 1TB for €350 with extra controller and FIFA 17?

Should I trade in my white PS4 500GB console that is around 2 years old for €178 with CEX and upgrade to the PS4 Slim 1TB for €350 with extra controller and FIFA 17?

If you can't make a simple decision like that for yourself then perhaps you shouldn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

There's not a huge difference between the two apart from size, storage and noise. Why not instead wait and upgrade to the Pro to leverage the better graphic potential. It's due out in around 3 weeks, and possibly between then and now even better options for the slim if you are concerned about price will come up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Taltos wrote: »
    There's not a huge difference between the two apart from size, storage and noise. Why not instead wait and upgrade to the Pro to leverage the better graphic potential. It's due out in around 3 weeks, and possibly between then and now even better options for the slim if you are concerned about price will come up.

Just what I was thinking. Good answer,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Gamestop were (not sure if they still are) doing a promotion where you'd get a 500gb slim when you trade an old 500gb and a select game against it for €74.99.

Like the lads have mentioned above, the higher spec one is out soon but unless you've a decent monitor to match the higher specs, you could be splashing more cash again.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭forumuser

forumuser wrote: »
    Apologies for the really stupid question but I just can't figure this out! My 8 year old son is talking about asking for a PS for Christmas. Argos seem to have a good bundle at the minute for €300 including a lego star wars game. But before I buy it I can't figure out if we will need the internet to use the console. I understand of course we'll be relying on disc games and he won't be able to play online with friends but as he's so young that's not a problem for the time being.
    We're rural with no landline internet available and can't see this changing anytime soon. We only have a mobile hotspot with a 15gb per month download limit. Speed is 1-2mb download, 0.5mb upload in case that's relevant.
    I haven't posted here before so hope I'm in the right place. Thanks

Thanks everyone who replied. I got the console yesterday and chose the ratchet & clank game to go with it. I think I got a good deal and just hope now that my son doesn't change his mind between here and December!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Suggest you send that letter to Santy tonight so...

Congrats on the purchase. That's not a bad game, quite good fun especially if he's never played the originals.

• Advertisement

So an update on my case.

I couldnt sign in using 2 step verification the last few days, i just got invalid code no matter what.

Rang psn support today, and they said my account has being banned while the investigation is ongoing.

I asked if its standard procedure to ban an account before the investigation is finished and he reassured me it is.

It feels extemely counterproductive to ban a victim of a hack albeit only temporary or whatever.

Even from a financial perspective for sony, banning a victim = no profit for them as the player cant make digital purchases.

I read a post about on reddit about someone who was hacked and was also banned, but they managed to resolve it in the end.

Sorry for spamming the thread with my case, but its nice to have a rant about it at the same time! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Do they pay 178 cash or is it a credit?

At the end you will pay for 172 for controller and a game and extra storage.

Warranty on top of that, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

So an update on my case.

I couldnt sign in using 2 step verification the last few days, i just got invalid code no matter what.

Rang psn support today, and they said my account has being banned while the investigation is ongoing.

I asked if its standard procedure to ban an account before the investigation is finished and he reassured me it is.

It feels extemely counterproductive to ban a victim of a hack albeit only temporary or whatever.

Even from a financial perspective for sony, banning a victim = no profit for them as the player cant make digital purchases.

I read a post about on reddit about someone who was hacked and was also banned, but they managed to resolve it in the end.

Sorry for spamming the thread with my case, but its nice to have a rant about it at the same time! :pac:

This sucks majorly, and would annoy me no end. Time to turn on 2 step authentication just in case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

GameStop told me I'd get at least €160 (higher if in good condition) for trading in a 500gb PS4 for money off a PS4 Pro.
    Forgot to ask them do you need to give in the controller with that too. I presume you do, but anyone know for sure?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Keith186 wrote: »
    GameStop told me I'd get at least €160 (higher if in good condition) for trading in a 500gb PS4 for money off a PS4 Pro.
    Forgot to ask them do you need to give in the controller with that too. I presume you do, but anyone know for sure?

Controller, hdmi cable, USB cable... the whole lot.

But ask them to be sure.

What good condition means anyway ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

I'm getting rid of my PS4 for the Pro too. Does everything need to be boxed?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Anyone know if Smyth's over here are doing a similiar offer to this?

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/from-midnight-ps4-500gb-fifa-17-149-99-ps4-1tb-fifa-17-179-99-ps4-500gb-lego-pack-2519285?page=16#post28847785

£149 for 500gb ps4, Fifa 17 and Lego Star wars and a few more deals. They've verified over twitter that its legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

I'm getting rid of my PS4 for the Pro too. Does everything need to be boxed?

Box isnt essential with Gamestop, just cables and controller are what matter from what I've been told when I traded mine in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

I assume they check how well it's working? My bluray reader might work the first time and it mightn't work after an hour of trying...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

GerB40 wrote: »
    I assume they check how well it's working? My bluray reader might work the first time and it mightn't work after an hour of trying...

Depends on the staff member. Should get a general test to make sure its working though yes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement