Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

500GB PS4 + €105 for the 500GB slim
    500GB PS4 + €155 for the 1TB slim.

Prices given to me in Gamestop today.

Oh, and you can add FIFA for €20 to those deals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

whiterebel wrote: »
    500GB PS4 + €105 for the 500GB slim
    500GB PS4 + €155 for the 1TB slim.

Prices given to me in Gamestop today.

Oh, and you can add FIFA for €20 to those deals.

Those prices actually seem not horiffically bad, which is interesting, from GameStop. Particularly the 1TB PS4 when you consider the cost and effort of upgrading your own, yourself.

That being said though, it would be such a massive pain in the ass to have to download and install everything again (games, updates, whatever) that I wouldnt be doing it.

Still happy with my PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Is there any way to reclaime all the things I lost if I 'initialize' the Ps4 in the safe menu? I fear I've done something very stupid...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Started on Tomb Raider definitive edition again last night. It really is a top class game.

Looking forward to Rise when its out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,326 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Looks like I'm finally getting a PS4 after the Argos Bargain.

I mainly want to play Bloodborne but Uncharted 4 is coming with the console so can anyone recommend anything else?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

With the latest bargain alerts on the CUH-1200 model being cleared out I'm seriously thinking of replacing my launch model which sounds like a B747 on take-off when under any load. I have a 2TB hard drive in the launch model now that I will transfer to the new model. If I do this will I have to format the 2TB hard drive and start from scratch downloading everything again or will it just fire up and run?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Senecio wrote: »
    With the latest bargain alerts on the CUH-1200 model being cleared out I'm seriously thinking of replacing my launch model which sounds like a B747 on take-off when under any load. I have a 2TB hard drive in the launch model now that I will transfer to the new model. If I do this will I have to format the 2TB hard drive and start from scratch downloading everything again or will it just fire up and run?

99% sure you need to format the drive for the new PS4, something about a signature for the hardware you are using. But that 1% is lack of experience so you never know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Amouar

Hi,

I'm getting a new PS4 and I would like to also buy a PSN plus 12 months subscription. Will the UK region code works in Ireland or I'll need a different code?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

Codes are region specific, and will only work with accounts for that region.

That said, it's incredibly simple to set up an account in a different region.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Amouar wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm getting a new PS4 and I would like to also buy a PSN plus 12 months subscription. Will the UK region code works in Ireland or I'll need a different code?

Thanks

You will need an Irish code.

• Advertisement

On Argos, they seem to have the UK version too based on the picture http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1297850/Trail/searchtext%3EPLAYSTATION+PLUS.htm

Where did you guys get your PSN plus subscription?

I think that's probably just a stock photo, they surely sell Irish codes?

I bought an IE code 2 days ago on cardscodes.com, no issues

maximoose wrote: »
    I think that's probably just a stock photo, they surely sell Irish codes?

I bought an IE code 2 days ago on cardscodes.com, no issues

Price for the UK code appear to be cheaper. If I create a UK PSN account, there will be no problem of connecting to the account from Ireland or I will always need to use VPN/proxy?

No need for VPNs nope

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭forumuser

The bundle I bought in Argos for €300 on Sunday is only €190 today! That's what I get for being organised. They're out of stock on the console - I wonder can I return it and buy back at the new price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

forumuser wrote: »
    The bundle I bought in Argos for €300 on Sunday is only €190 today! That's what I get for being organised. They're out of stock on the console - I wonder can I return it and buy back at the new price?

i'd bloody try!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

forumuser wrote: »

I remember when I bought mine all those years ago they said no refunds unless it's damaged or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭moonboy52

So I jumped on the Amazon 1TB cuh-1216b deal last night

is the cuh-1216b loud when in use? I appreciate "loud" is subjective, but if a first time PS4 owner, is the £179 deal a false economy and better to save up a bit more for the new slim?

I have a Phat PS3 and if it is similar in loudness it would not bother me.

Cheers folks. Bit of buyers remorse :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Don't think its as loud as the PS3.
    Enjoy and stop doubting yourself...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Taltos wrote: »
    Don't think its as loud as the PS3.
    Enjoy and stop doubting yourself...

Cheers Taltos :)

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »
    No need for VPNs nope

Thanks.
    So I'll basically just create a new PSN account, and in the address I'll put UK, and the account will accept UK PSN cards despite connecting from Ireland and not the UK.
    Am I right or do I need to do anything more?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

That's it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

gimmick wrote: »
    Started on Tomb Raider definitive edition again last night. It really is a top class game.

Looking forward to Rise when its out.

Started it again as well. Bought it ages ago but never got around to it. Have rise of the Tomb raider pre-ordered with simply games so good way to prepare for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭BaronVon

While we're on the topic, I recently 'moved' to the States, and I'm trying to purchase a game on the US PSN. I topped up my wallet for the requisite amount using prepay codes, but I appear unable to purchase the game without linking a US Credit Card, which I haven't got.

Anyone any ideas?

Edit: Problem solved, sales tax put it over my wallet amount. It's time I moved to a tax free state!

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

Doge wrote: »
    So an update on my case.

I couldnt sign in using 2 step verification the last few days, i just got invalid code no matter what.

Rang psn support today, and they said my account has being banned while the investigation is ongoing.

I asked if its standard procedure to ban an account before the investigation is finished and he reassured me it is.

It feels extemely counterproductive to ban a victim of a hack albeit only temporary or whatever.

Even from a financial perspective for sony, banning a victim = no profit for them as the player cant make digital purchases.

I read a post about on reddit about someone who was hacked and was also banned, but they managed to resolve it in the end.

Sorry for spamming the thread with my case, but its nice to have a rant about it at the same time! :pac:

I'm in a similar situation, my account was hacked at 6:29am on Wednesday morning, the email address was changed and two transactions for €10 and €50 were charged to my Paypal account from Sony.

First thing I did was email Paypal who are being asses. I reported the two transactions as fraudulent / unauthorised but they're saying there's nothing they can do because I had previously used Paypal to pay for PSN items.

My second call was to the credit card company who has blocked the two transactions and reported they intercepted and blocked a third for €99ish. They've told me the money will be refunded and I'll have a card with a new number by the end of the week as a precaution.

I'll have to give Sony a ring tomorrow evening or on Saturday morning as I've been stuck in work late the past few nights (I believe you have to be with the PS4 when you call) and I normally don't get home until after 6:30 most evenings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

moonboy52 wrote: »
    So I jumped on the Amazon 1TB cuh-1216b deal last night

is the cuh-1216b loud when in use? I appreciate "loud" is subjective, but if a first time PS4 owner, is the £179 deal a false economy and better to save up a bit more for the new slim?

I have a Phat PS3 and if it is similar in loudness it would not bother me.

Cheers folks. Bit of buyers remorse :P

I've had two PS4's now, the first was a Watch Dogs bundle which after about a year sounded like a hair dryer when playing certain games, but I've recently gotten the CH-1200 model and its whisper quiet besides starting up disc games. But I've only played 2 disc games on it so I haven't had the chance to compare to the older model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Rael wrote: »
    I'm in a similar situation, my account was hacked at 6:29am on Wednesday morning, the email address was changed and two transactions for €10 and €50 were charged to my Paypal account from Sony.

First thing I did was email Paypal who are being asses. I reported the two transactions as fraudulent / unauthorised but they're saying there's nothing they can do because I had previously used Paypal to pay for PSN items.

My second call was to the credit card company who has blocked the two transactions and reported they intercepted and blocked a third for €99ish. They've told me the money will be refunded and I'll have a card with a new number by the end of the week as a precaution.

I'll have to give Sony a ring tomorrow evening or on Saturday morning as I've been stuck in work late the past few nights (I believe you have to be with the PS4 when you call) and I normally don't get home until after 6:30 most evenings.

You've probably done that badly, you'll have gotten yourself banned and I say you'd be better off getting on to Sony sooner now to try to sort it. Been a lot of people who've not been unbanned in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Hi folks.

I'm looking at getting a pair of wireless headphones purely for gaming.

Don't need a headset as I've no interest in online gaming so headphones only will do the job.

Don't want to spend too much either if possible.

Any recommendations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭Conar

Hi folks.

I'm looking at getting a pair of wireless headphones purely for gaming.

Don't need a headset as I've no interest in online gaming so headphones only will do the job.

Don't want to spend too much either if possible.

Any recommendations?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00I8S4E1C/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475239605&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=sony+wireless+playstation+headphones

Great price and keaves the option of a mic there in case you change your mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Conar wrote: »

I second these, great headset and have recommended it to my friends using the PS4 also

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement