Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Cheers however £50 is more than I was hoping to spend.

Its literally just for when I'm playing and the missus is there. For some reason she isnt enamoured by the sounds of me kicking the crap out of monsters.

I was hoping for a max of €30 to €40 tbh considering they won't be used much at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,457 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Its literally just for when I'm playing and the missus is there. For some reason she isnt enamoured by the sounds of me kicking the crap out of monsters.

I was hoping for a max of €30 to €40 tbh considering they won't be used much at all.

If you could put up with wired ones there's some great cheap options, but if you're dead set on wireless, there unfortunately isn't a lot out there for that price that comes even close to the Sony ones mentioned above.

These don't look too bad and are within your price range though:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hama-00131958-WHP3001BK-Wireless-Headphones-Black/dp/B0057LWOPG/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Hi folks.

I'm looking at getting a pair of wireless headphones purely for gaming.

Don't need a headset as I've no interest in online gaming so headphones only will do the job.

Don't want to spend too much either if possible.

Any recommendations?

Have these myself, not wireless but wire connects into the controller.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Turtle-Beach-Force-Disney-Infinity/dp/B00KVQQJBW/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1475240901&sr=1-1&keywords=disney+infinity+headset

Ones that plug into the controller are perfectly acceptable, once they don't have to be connected directly to the console then its not an issue.

I'm just thinking though, would ordinary ear phones work by just plugging them into the jack?

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Ones that plug into the controller are perfectly acceptable, once they don't have to be connected directly to the console then its not an issue.

I'm just thinking though, would ordinary ear phones work by just plugging them into the jack?

Yes, standard 3.5mm jack

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Yup, phone headsets work pretty well. Theres a turtle beach headset you can get for around 20 in smyths too :) Its the infinity branded headset.

Varik wrote: »
    Yes, standard 3.5mm jack

I'm clearly an idiot!

Problem solved, thanks lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

These any good to ya, cheap but excellent quality for stereo headphones. Great sound for music purposes too. Had a pair, couldn't fault them apart from a frayed wire.

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=hd+202&authToken=%252d1002%252c8RvTgzRQUIkiaCQg1wd0wg264Io%253d

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,326 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Folks how do you gameshare on PS4. My brother said he things we can do it but not sure how?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Folks how do you gameshare on PS4. My brother said he things we can do it but not sure how?

You can do share play via the Share button but if you're on about sharing a game across multiple accounts, it's possible but I'm not sure it's allowed to be discussed here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

emmetkenny wrote: »

http://ie.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/How_to_Game-Share_with_Family_and_Friends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,326 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Thanks guys... Free games for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

Hi Lads,

I picked up a PS4 in the Argos sale during the week and purchased a PSN sub through the console and paid with PayPal, that was grand.
    Then today I went to buy The Last of Us in the Store and I keep getting an error saying "Credit Card is not valid, cannot process transaction".

Has anyone ever had this problem and is there a fix? I tried googling it and found a few people saying it's to do with your address not matching the billing address of the card but when I topped up funds to buy the PSN sub i didn't have my address entered and it still worked so I'm baffled why it would stop working the next day.
    I've since entered my address just to see if that would fix it but no luck :( also tried removing and re-adding the card to see if it's anything to do with PayPal but I was able to buy something else with PayPal so it's not their end causing it, really frustrating me now 😑

Any help is appreciated,
    TIA.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

Make sure you ring the aul bank, they will put a block on your card. This happened to me. Regarding the problem just buy psn credit online and enter the codes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

DanC90 wrote: »
    Hi Lads,

I picked up a PS4 in the Argos sale during the week and purchased a PSN sub through the console and paid with PayPal, that was grand.
    Then today I went to buy The Last of Us in the Store and I keep getting an error saying "Credit Card is not valid, cannot process transaction".

Has anyone ever had this problem and is there a fix? I tried googling it and found a few people saying it's to do with your address not matching the billing address of the card but when I topped up funds to buy the PSN sub i didn't have my address entered and it still worked so I'm baffled why it would stop working the next day.
    I've since entered my address just to see if that would fix it but no luck :( also tried removing and re-adding the card to see if it's anything to do with PayPal but I was able to buy something else with PayPal so it's not their end causing it, really frustrating me now 😑

Any help is appreciated,
    TIA.

Have you tried paying with your card directly instead of going through PayPal? I had payments fail via PP before so I stopped using it.

You're definitely not on your own. This comes up quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

Pickpocket wrote:
    Have you tried paying with your card directly instead of going through PayPal? I had payments fail via PP before so I stopped using it.

No, tbh I have heard a few horror stories of accounts getting hacked and I don't fancy my bank details been there for the taking too. I'll just buy credit online as the post above says and stick to that but thanks for the suggestion.
    Pickpocket wrote:
    You're definitely not on your own. This comes up quite a bit.
    Seems a bit ridiculous that Sony hasn't fixed it by now, why would they want to make it harder for you to give them more of your money :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,148 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Well lads I got the new 1tb ps4 slim yesterday with fifa. Great machine very elegant.

What are the best games to buy for it? Heard lots mention Unchartered 4. Any games like Final FAntasy these days? Used to love it years ago.

Also im thinking of going back to argos bare faced with the extra v2 controller which I haven't opened and ask them for a refund as I don't need it, do you think it will work( says 0 euro on the receipt as part of the bundle:p) if not cex will do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Also im thinking of going back to argos bare faced with the extra v2 controller which I haven't opened and ask them for a refund as I don't need it, do you think it will work( says 0 euro on the receipt as part of the bundle:p) if not cex will do.

Yeah I reckon the only refund you're going to get from Argos is the same amount you payed for it. ;) Your best bet is to sell it on the secondhand market, CEX worth a try but you might get a bit more for it from adverts.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Well lads I got the new 1tb ps4 slim yesterday with fifa. Great machine very elegant.

What are the best games to buy for it? Heard lots mention Unchartered 4. Any games like Final FAntasy these days? Used to love it years ago.

Digimon cyber is a fantasic JRPG like final fantasy battle system is very like a old skull one with it been turn based and your classic 3 v 3 and so on. Don't let the name put you off its maybe one of the best JRPG in years

There is also the tales of games they would be more Japon based RPG where the story are very meh.

There is then Ff 15 that's out next month and also there is Type 0 what is a Psp game we never got in the west ported over to the Ps4 it is a action based RPG.

Another action based one is sword act online.

Also there is loads of Japon ones that I can't think of the names of for the system they would be very very JRPG.

Pitty you missed the sale a few weeks ago on psn there was loads of JRPG on sale for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

If it is unopened you might get a better price on here or adverts. CEX have to open it up to make sure it works and won't give a premium for the controller never having been used. Someone comes on here every few days asking for the cheapest place to buy a new one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,148 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Thanks for the feedback lads. @TrustedApple Will look into the games mentioned some sound really good! cheers for the suggestions.

@Beefy Yup seal still intact. Might throw it on adverts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Thanks for the feedback lads. @TrustedApple Will look into the games mentioned some sound really good! cheers for the suggestions.

@Beefy Yup seal still intact. Might throw it on adverts.

2 other good games to get would be.

Diablo 3 a Dungan crawler that is just fun to play by yourself or with friends. This is a PC game ported perfect to a console where the controls are better on the console then the PC one :eek:.

Then there is Borderlands: The Handsome Collection.
    That includes borderlands 2 and all the DLC. Borderlands 2 if you have not played it is maybe my fave FPS other then Bioshock on the home consoles as it just gets everything right the story to the gun play to the lotting and missions.

Wait i might as well add another one. The Bioshock remaster box set. 3 top class games with some of the best stores ever told in video games. I am on the 2nd one now and forgot how good this one was as it is kind of the forgetting about one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,691 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Bloodborne and (if you can't play cant play it on PC) The Witness are IMO the two most essential games for the PS4. They are both incredible feats of pure game design backed up with the visual and narrative artistry they need. There's other games I loved but would hesitate with a blanket recommendation, but those two should at least be tried.

And while it is flawed, there is no doubt Uncharted 4 is a triumph of technological spectacle and pulp storytelling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,471 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Does anyone have any experience with the new Dualshock 4?

Need to upgrade my controller as it's had better days but torn between a nifty looking blue/grey Dualshock 4 and the new V2 Dualshock in black. Blue/grey is more aesthetically pleasing but V2 could (?) be better. Both the same price in Argos.

Aside from the more visual light bar and it being able to play through USB connection, are there any other advantages? I've read it's the same battery so not sure that has any effect on battery life.

Cheers!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Dualshock 4 is just a far better controller all round. Shoulder buttons are better, the d-pad is finally decent and it's just far more comfortable. The Dualshock up to the 4 was always badly designed but had a certain Stockholm syndrome factor as it was near ubiquitous.

I'd consider a Xbox One controller as well which is slightly better again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Dualshock 4 is just a far better controller all round. Shoulder buttons are better, the d-pad is finally decent and it's just far more comfortable. The Dualshock up to the 4 was always badly designed but had a certain Stockholm syndrome factor as it was near ubiquitous.

I'd consider a Xbox One controller as well which is slightly better again.
    I don't mean to be rude, but I think he was talking about the jump between the original Dualshock 4 to the new one that comes with the up-to-date PS4 "slim" consoles now (i.e. the one with the strip of light at the top of the touch-pad). :)

Can't comment on it myself haven't, I haven't played with the new one yet. They look pretty much the same however, and I'm not really bothered with playing it on my PC, because I don't play on my PC. :pac: I'd be interested in knowing if there is an improvement in battery life though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Did anyone else play Deus Ex with HDR, with the update for the game yesterday? I gave it a go yesterday on my TV. I did notice the difference in colour and notably I did find things to be brighter and the colours to be better. I don't think the difference was hugely significant.

Having said that I did turn off all the extra processing that is done by the tv, except that I could not disable cinema mode in HDR on my TV :(, but I was able to turn off everything else. I didn't notice any notable increase in input lag, but I didn't play that long, and it isn't a twitch shooter. I would probably turn it off for online play.

So, I am not overly impressed with HDR in Deus Ex, its nice to have, but its by no means essential.

I will be interested to see this in combo with 4K, and to see other games implementation of the feature.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

whiterebel wrote: »
    500GB PS4 + €105 for the 500GB slim
    500GB PS4 + €155 for the 1TB slim.

Prices given to me in Gamestop today.

Oh, and you can add FIFA for €20 to those deals.

Thought about it over the weekend. It would have been a complete no-brainer a few weeks ago when the original controller started acting up. €60ish for a new controller versus €105 for a new PS4 slim........Anyway, pulled the trigger yesterday, got the slim 500GB for €105. They wanted everything with it, HDMI cable, USB cable the lot.
    No FIFA deal when trading in, as they have boosted the trade in value by €45-50 already.

Very nice piece of kit, very small and neat, and really quiet. Ran CoD on disk yesterday and barely a hum. Not ofter I praise Gamestop, but that was some deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Bethesda now claiming there will be some form of mod support for PS. Also mentions Skyrim Remastered is getting a PS Pro patch that will allow the game to be run at 4k natively.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-10-05-skyrim-and-fallout-4-to-receive-mod-support-on-ps4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭tigger123

Does anyone know how to go about upgrading the HD on a PS4? Is it expensive/complicated? Have reached my memory limit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement