Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

tigger123 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to go about upgrading the HD on a PS4? Is it expensive/complicated? Have reached my memory limit.

It is relatively easy to do. Follow the video below and you'll be fine.

As for expense, that will depend on the size you upgrade to. This is probably the best one to get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭branners69

Otacon wrote: »
    It is relatively easy to do. Follow the video below and you'll be fine.

As for expense, that will depend on the size you upgrade to. This is probably the best one to get.

This is a better option as it is cheaper and you can use the casing with the PS4 hard drive so you get a 500gb portable hard drive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Does anyone know how to go about upgrading the HD on a PS4? Is it expensive/complicated? Have reached my memory limit.

Very easy to do. Memory and hard drive space aren't the same thing though... for future reference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

There's a good, recent thread on here with plenty of advice on this:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057616586

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Just got my invitation to join the Steep Closed Alpha... Check e-mails if you applied, it runs from tomorrow until the 11th October...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Just got my invitation to join the Steep Closed Alpha... Check e-mails if you applied, it runs from tomorrow until the 11th October...

Got one too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What kinda game is that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

What kinda game is that?
    It's a snowboarding game where you can also ski and use a wingsuit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The Mountains Is Yours?

I'm out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Got one too

Yeah I'm in as well... I liked how the Store said it was 8GB, but the full install is like 26GB :pac:

If anyone is looking to join up, I'll be on sometime tomorrow.

ID is genisis87

• Advertisement

Glico Man wrote: »
    Yeah I'm in as well... I liked how the Store said it was 8GB, but the full install is like 26GB :pac:

If anyone is looking to join up, I'll be on sometime tomorrow.

ID is genisis87

Yeah, I probably wouldn't have activated if it said 26GB at the start... My internet is only 5MB so going to take me a day at least to download that... 8GB however would have been handier, don't even know if I will have time to try it out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Does anyone use the Media Player? Using it to stream a movie from the PC, and after 5 minutes all it does is buffer. Very poor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

infacteh wrote: »
    Does anyone use the Media Player? Using it to stream a movie from the PC, and after 5 minutes all it does is buffer. Very poor

I use it almost on a daily basis, I usually plug in a hard drive and play files directly from there. I find it brilliant, especially since they added .mkv support last year. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

IV just recently started playing the witness. Im Linda stuck as where to go next. I did the apple in the tree puzzles but not sure where to go next. Are the areas divided into difficulty of puzzles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    IV just recently started playing the witness. Im Linda stuck as where to go next. I did the apple in the tree puzzles but not sure where to go next. Are the areas divided into difficulty of puzzles?

Not particularly but some puzzles use 'rules' you might learn in another area.

Don't be afraid to explore and if you get stuck, try another area for a bit and come back later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

Right so an update on my situation since my account was hacked.

2 and half weeks since it now, im still banned and its still being "investigated"

Rang Sony on wednesday, told them I'm behind on rent so they marked my case as a "matter of urgency".

The thing is, I noticed that most people on reddit had to have a legal advisor contact Sony's legal department before they listened to them.

Im not sure if its worth doing that for 100 euro and I'm running out of patience, so heres my question:

At the moment my Irish account is banned but I can still play the digital games installed on my hard drive offline, or online with my US and CA account.

If i do a chargeback and end up permanently banned will I still be able to play those digital games as I can now even though I'm banned?

All this bull**** is making me not want to bother buying PSVR and investing my money in PC gaming instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,326 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Guys now that I have a PS4 I've turn my eye to NiOh.

I see it's made by Team Ninja who made one of my favorite games on last Gen, Ninja Gaiden. Has anyone here played the demo and Ninja Gaiden? How did they compare?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Guys now that I have a PS4 I've turn my eye to NiOh.

I see it's made by Team Ninja who made one of my favorite games on last Gen, Ninja Gaiden. Has anyone here played the demo and Ninja Gaiden? How did they compare?

The demo showed a lot of potential, but the game is more like a muddle of other games such as Onimusha, Bushido Blade and Dark Souls, but the deep combat of the Gaiden games is still there and has been improved on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,326 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Xenji wrote: »
    The demo showed a lot of potential, but the game is more like a muddle of other games such as Onimusha, Bushido Blade and Dark Souls, but the deep combat of the Gaiden games is still there and has been improved on.

Could be tempted then. Those Gaiden games were so though on the hardest difficulty but you really felt like you earned something when you completed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Could be tempted then. Those Gaiden games were so though on the hardest difficulty but you really felt like you earned something when you completed it.

I spent about 4 hours chipping away at Ninja Gaiden Sigma upon release. Got absolutely nowhere. Traded it in the same day and couldn't even get an erection for my bird later that night. Seriously. Utterly deflated. Fcuk that game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Folks does anyone know anywhere in Dublin that sells parts for PS4. Recently cot the blue(click noise) of death and Id rather buy it physically than ordering online. I tried the washer trick but sadly it didn't help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got that stupid missed charges error again, nothing has changed and I bought something yesterday but still giving me it. Can't do anything other than try calling them and all they say again is wait 48/24 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

14murphy wrote: »
    Folks does anyone know anywhere in Dublin that sells parts for PS4. Recently cot the blue(click noise) of death and Id rather buy it physically than ordering online. I tried the washer trick but sadly it didn't help.

Can you link to the problem or describe it better as I can't really find anything online ?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Doge wrote: »
    All this bull**** is making me not want to bother buying PSVR and investing my money in PC gaming instead.

This! As the victim of a hack your treated like crap, get a decent PC and begin the transition, in the long run you won't regret it,

Can you link to the problem or describe it better as I can't really find anything online ?

Thanks.

Basically I have a problem with my internal power control unit. It causes my console to randomly turn off when on. Then it when I would try to reboot it would begin to power up then power off. This problem is sometimes caused by the heat sink which I attempted to fix but it didn't work. So now Im on the look for a power control unit.

Exactly like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,644 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

14murphy wrote: »
    Basically I have a problem with my internal power control unit. It causes my console to randomly turn off when on. Then it when I would try to reboot it would begin to power up then power off. This problem is sometimes caused by the heat sink which I attempted to fix but it didn't work. So now Im on the look for a power control unit.

Exactly like this.

Sounds like the ballast in the internal psu is bunched, console repairs in bray will sort it for you sharpish rather than you pricking around for ages trying to fix it when you've no idea what the initial issue is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Well the clicking sound sounds like the cooling fan blades or possibly psu fan hitting some obstruction . Clean it out for a start and give it a go first . Bring it to a local garage and blow it out with an airline to save you opening it up . Blow from the sides so the airflow exits the back .

Well the clicking sound sounds like the cooling fan blades or possibly psu fan hitting some obstruction . Clean it out for a start and give it a go first . Bring it to a local garage and blow it out with an airline to save you opening it up . Blow from the sides so the airflow exits the back .
    Took of the covers there and gave it a blast with a hair dryer. Seems to have solved the problem fingers crossed.

Spoke to soon just randomly switched off again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,644 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

No, the clicking could also be the internal trip in the ballast activating which i mentioned before

• Advertisement

Anyone know where I can get the standard version of The Playroom that isn't the VR one?...

Or are they both the same title?...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement