Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Doge wrote: »
    Right so an update on my situation since my account was hacked.

2 and half weeks since it now, im still banned and its still being "investigated"

Rang Sony on wednesday, told them I'm behind on rent so they marked my case as a "matter of urgency".

The thing is, I noticed that most people on reddit had to have a legal advisor contact Sony's legal department before they listened to them.

Im not sure if its worth doing that for 100 euro and I'm running out of patience, so heres my question:

At the moment my Irish account is banned but I can still play the digital games installed on my hard drive offline, or online with my US and CA account.

If i do a chargeback and end up permanently banned will I still be able to play those digital games as I can now even though I'm banned?

All this bull**** is making me not want to bother buying PSVR and investing my money in PC gaming instead.

That's a load of nonsense, that's ages you are dealing with that now - if you do a charge back I'd say the account would be proper banned so if you haven't done that probably best you don't...

Keep hounding them and see can you get an email address from them......

Normally this stuff does take about 10 working days so hopefully they should have an answer for you....

I don't blame you considering selling up and going PC after that tbh...

As much as I love PC, I like the no hassle of consoles!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone know where I can get the standard version of The Playroom that isn't the VR one?...

Or are they both the same title?...

The none VR one is what came with the PS4 as such it's not on the store to buy so no download link there, go to your library on the PS4 and search (have to include the "the" in the name).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Take a look at @RockstarGames's Tweet: https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/status/787639249864630273?s=09

Oh.........my...........God.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Varik wrote: »
    The none VR one is what came with the PS4 as such it's not on the store to buy so no download link there, go to your library on the PS4 and search (have to include the "the" in the name).

Yeah figured it out after ages trying to find it cheers, just got it for the trophies :p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Take a look at @RockstarGames's Tweet: https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/status/787639249864630273?s=09

Oh.........my...........God.......

Probably slightly pleased by this, then....14650631_10154524732835097_2794600662538397593_n.jpg?oh=bacd24a7beef59063d1046d46a770ffc&oe=58ADEEB3
    :D
    Must admit, I never liked Red Dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

New platinum headset shown up on Amazon UK, £129.99

Well it's finally officially announced

14724545_10154805902813128_3214634928303125658_n.jpg?oh=ffaa36398adb54a73886cef81d779cf0&oe=5862324E

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Well it's finally officially announced

14724545_10154805902813128_3214634928303125658_n.jpg?oh=ffaa36398adb54a73886cef81d779cf0&oe=5862324E

Jasus thats a long wait... I can see that game being a massive reason to get a scorpio...

If they make it playable on VR it will be an even bigger reason to get PS VR :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Way too early to start the hype for this, should have held on for E3 '17. More than likely it will be delayed like most Rockstar games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Way too early to start the hype for this, should have held on for E3 '17. More than likely it will be delayed like most Rockstar games.
    Didn't Rockstar announce GTA V at the beginning of November 2011, nearly 2 years before it was actually released? It didn't seem to hurt them in the slightest, I think Red Dead will be just fine...

Personally, I can't ****ing wait for RDR2! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

When I installed my 1gb hd in ps4, I thought sure that will be loads for me. How wrong I was :(. Im kinda at the stage that Im not sure I want to upgrade incase the PS5 is around the corner

Kal El wrote: »
    When I installed my 1gb hd in ps4, I thought sure that will be loads for me. How wrong I was :(. Im kinda at the stage that Im not sure I want to upgrade incase the PS5 is around the corner
    The PS5 won't be around for at least two years, and that's the earliest. I'd say it'd be more likely we'll see the PS5 in 2019, so I'd say there's plenty of time left to make an upgrade to 2TB worthwhile.

Where are you based however? I keep my PS4 at home in rural Cavan, and with my standard of internet buying physical discs and keeping downloads on the HDD is a necessity so I don't have to redownload things. However, if downloading is easy enough for you, you could just make do without bigger storage and delete something when it's no longer necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Nailz wrote: »
    I keep my PS4 at home in rural Cavan

As opposed to Cavan City Centre... :p

Pickpocket wrote: »
    As opposed to Cavan City Centre... :p
    Ah now, I'll have you know there's 1GB broadband in Cavan City Centre! :p;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

That's the download limit? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

whiterebel wrote: »

For the whole town.

:P

whiterebel wrote: »
    For the whole town.

:P

UF1vQAB.gif?noredirect

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Redo91

Jasus thats a long wait... I can see that game being a massive reason to get a scorpio...

Didn't the PS Pro basically turn out to be the rumoured Scorpio?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

Scorpio will apparently be 40-50% more powerful than the Pro

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »
    Scorpio will apparently be 40-50% more powerful than the Pro

Is it actually going to happen though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

The console is 100% happening yeah, Fall 2017 as far as I know. What actually ends up being inside it and the performance boost it gets we'll have to wait and see

edit: Console/Games in production now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

I'm a Midlands man so I know the feeling. Down here a hotspot is something you wake up scratching.

The console is 100% happening yeah, Fall 2017 as far as I know. What actually ends up being inside it and the performance boost it gets we'll have to wait and see

Cheers! I might hold off on upgrading to the Pro in that case. I'm guessing the Scorpio will be 4K native rather than upscaling like the Pro? I won't be getting a 4K tv for at least another year or two so I'm in no rush to upgrade either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

That entire article can be taken with a grain of salt . The only gfx chip that's gonna be inside the Scorpio is either an rx 480 or a Vega . I do not believe it will be vega at the prices that are expected that it will cost . Xbox has lost the jump on Sony again . The Pro is more than enough to cover the Scorpio off . The Pro is out a year at least before it and with the lack of game developers for the Xbox platform now ,Ms are up against it . VR has raised Sony even further up the ladder worldwide , it's been raved about all over the media worldwide .

Ms made a rite royal f up of the One launch taking Their customers for granted . I don't see them redeeming themselves with this announcement .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

That entire article can be taken with a grain of salt . The only gfx chip that's gonna be inside the Scorpio is either an rx 480 or a Vega . I do not believe it will be vega at the prices that are expected that it will cost . Xbox has lost the jump on Sony again . The Pro is more than enough to cover the Scorpio off . The Pro is out a year at least before it and with the lack of game developers for the Xbox platform now ,Ms are up against it . VR has raised Sony even further up the ladder worldwide , it's been raved about all over the media worldwide .

Ms made a rite royal f up of the One launch taking Their customers for granted . I don't see them redeeming themselves with this announcement .

they have outsold sony that last 3 months in a row, the one s is doing great at the moment some great games recently in gear4 and forza horizon 3, personally loving my one s at the moment and it will certainly tied me over until I unwrap the PSVR on christmas morning :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Just in case you haven't filled your pants with Soma
    https://twitter.com/playstation/status/788726998239555585

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

The PS5 won't be around for at least two years, and that's the earliest. I'd say it'd be more likely we'll see the PS5 in 2019, so I'd say there's plenty of time left to make an upgrade to 2TB worthwhile.

Where are you based however? I keep my PS4 at home in rural Cavan, and with my standard of internet buying physical discs and keeping downloads on the HDD is a necessity so I don't have to redownload things. However, if downloading is easy enough for you, you could just make do without bigger storage and delete something when it's no longer necessary.

I live in Rural Galway, but our internet is okish. Like a game in around 8 hours. Right now I delete games then re-download them if I need them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

they have outsold sony that last 3 months in a row, the one s is doing great at the moment some great games recently in gear4 and forza horizon 3, personally loving my one s at the moment and it will certainly tied me over until I unwrap the PSVR on christmas morning :-)

Yeah but didn't the PS4 out sell the One nearly every month since release?

And I'd say most people are holding off until next month when the Pro comes out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

The PS4 has sold twice the amount of consoles worldwide as the Xbox . Last time I looked it was 43.000.000 to 21.000.000 . With the pro on the way , the same will happen again .

The Scorpio is too late to the party all ready . It will not save MS from the doldrums . The damage was done by MS treating their customers like children before the launch of the one .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement