Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

S
    maximoose wrote: »
    :confused:

I really doubt having some months left on a €30 Xbox Live sub was the main reason for anyone :pac:

It was one of the main reasons given on Boards before the launch of one / ps4 for sticking with xb . Go and dig through the threads from 3 years ago and you will see that yourself .

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Especially when the Live service is vastly more stable than PSN.

Psn has been stable for me for a few years now. I have seen loads of comments on here and the web about the lack of quality games on live compared to plus over the last year or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

I'd say it has been the complete opposite for the last year or so, ps+ has improved in the last 2 months though.

You are getting way ahead of yourself. We don't even know if there will be a PS5 or even a second PSVR iteration.

VR still has to prove itself against traditional gaming. I have owned a Htc Vive since April and thought VR was amazing for a few weeks and then I went back to regular games and the headset stayed in the closet for the next few months.

o4SnNoC.jpg?1

You are comparing apples with oranges . I have a top end pc . The game selection for pc exclusive titles is virtually non existent . Sony have an upcoming catalogue of games for the ps4 designed for vr . If vr is going to make it , Sony are in the driving seat . Vive and oculus are in trouble because of the lack of support from game designers who are concentrating on consoles now.

You know that this is true if you have a pc for gaming for the last 10 years .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

You are comparing apples with oranges . I have a top end pc . The game selection for pc exclusive titles is virtually non existent . Sony have an upcoming catalogue of games for the ps4 designed for vr . If vr is going to make it , Sony are in the driving seat . Vive and oculus are in trouble because of the lack of support from game designers who are concentrating on consoles now.
    So what you are saying is that game developers are no longer supporting the Oculus rift and Vive in favor of PSVR.

I assume you have some evidence to back up your statement. You seem to make quite a lot of sweeping statements.
    You know that this is true if you have a pc for gaming for the last 10 years

I have a gaming PC for 1.5 years. Is that not enough to qualify :p

• Advertisement

So what you are saying is that game developers are no longer supporting the Oculus rift and Vive in favor of PSVR.

I assume you have some evidence to back up your statement. You seem to make quite a lot of sweeping statements.

I have a gaming PC for 1.5 years. Is that not enough to qualify :p

Can you point to where I made that statement ?

Did you really drop a grand + on a vive after owning a pc for a year ? . I find it hard to believe with the reputation you have in this section of the forum and you total bias towards Xbox .

Did you really drop a grand + on a vive after owning a pc for a year ? . I find it hard to believe with the reputation you have in this section of the forum and you total bias towards Xbox .

Well, here is the link to my ad on adverts. I sold my Vive about 2 weeks ago.
    http://www.adverts.ie/other-peripherals/htc-vive-boxed-with-receipt/11049806

I wasn't using it for months, I prefer traditional gaming on my gaming PC and consoles. I mostly game on my 1440p G-Sync 144hz IPS monitor powered by my i7 4790K and GTX 1080. *puts cock back in and zips up. :D
    Yes.
    ...Vive and oculus are in trouble because of the lack of support from game designers who are concentrating on consoles now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Well, this has been a charming conversation...

So, who is excited about PlayStation Tournaments?

30341215221_701dbb2625_o.jpg
    Take your online multiplayer experience to the next level with tournaments available directly on your PlayStation 4! As of today you can sign up and participate in ESL tournaments across some of the biggest multiplayer hits, like EA Sports FIFA 17 and the PlayStation Plus monthly games smash, Tricky Towers!

The PlayStation forum has also created a dedicated community space for the new tournaments feature, where you can join your friends and other players to discuss matches, find training buddies and get all the support you could desire to set you on your way to eSports glory.

So, are you ready to earn country-wide bragging rights as the undisputed English, French, or even European champion player for your favourite game? Then boot up your PS4, click on the Events app icon via the home dashboard, and scroll on down to the sleek new Tournaments feature to register with ESL (if you don’t yet have an account). Then you are free to sign up, show up and get your rank up in any of the following ESL Community Cups for:

FIFA 17
    NBA 2K17
    WRC5
    Project Cars

There’s more! Check back regularly for the weekend Contender Cups, introducing the newest competitive titles such as Tricky Towers and Tumblestone as well as weekday national tournaments, as well as Go4 Cups which give you the chance to win prizes! Go4 FIFA 17 presented by ESL is the first, so get practicing now.

Initially, Tournaments will support 1 on 1 matches, and we’ll continue to enhance the feature in the future.

Sounds interesting. Can't wait for it to support more games.

Well, here is the link to my ad on adverts. I sold my Vive about 2 weeks ago.
    http://www.adverts.ie/other-peripherals/htc-vive-boxed-with-receipt/11049806

I wasn't using it for months, I prefer traditional gaming on my gaming PC and consoles. I mostly game on my 1440p G-Sync 144hz IPS monitor powered by my i7 4790K and GTX 1080. *puts cock back in and zips up. :D

I find I game a lot more on my vr ps4 now rather than my 5930k rig and 1440 144 freesync as there's nothing much happening with the games on it anyway.

:D

As for the rest after the edit . I never said like you stated I said that developers has stopped developing on vive / oculus to switch to psvr . I made the point that far fewer developers develop anything for pc anymore . Full stop . Consoles are and have been for a long time now the mainstream market for games. Pc is a very poor cousin now for developers.

I find I game a lot more on my vr ps4 now rather than my 5930k rig and 1440 144 freesync as there's nothing much happening with the games on it anyway.

:D
    ahhhh, Free Sync :D

Thats how I was for about 8 weeks and then VR just stopped apepaling to me. Its important to note that I had to full VR experience. Full room scale set up and all with a room dedicated for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Otacon wrote: »

Would be great if Overwatch supported it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,326 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Psn has been stable for me for a few years now. I have seen loads of comments on here and the web about the lack of quality games on live compared to plus over the last year or two.

PSN seems to be down an awful lot, plenty on here complain regularly about it, the download speeds also seem way below Live, again loads on here complaining about the time it takes to download or having to stop and start downloads to try get it to speed up.

Also in the some of the better games Live have given out in the last two years include, Sunset Overdrive, Tomb Raider, Valiant Hearts, Child Of Light, Borderlands, Dead Space, Saints Row IV, Thief, Lords of The Fallen and Banner Saga 2. There are loads more but these are all the ones I plan on playing at some stage :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Otacon wrote: »
    So, who is excited about PlayStation Tournaments?

30341215221_701dbb2625_o.jpg

Sign me up for Madden and Pac-Man Championship Edition 2

emmetkenny wrote: »
    PSN seems to be down an awful lot, plenty on here complain regularly about it, the download speeds also seem way below Live, again loads on here complaining about the time it takes to download or having to stop and start downloads to try get it to speed up.

Also in the some of the better games Live have given out in the last two years include, Sunset Overdrive, Tomb Raider, Valiant Hearts, Child Of Light, Borderlands, Dead Space, Saints Row IV, Thief, Lords of The Fallen and Banner Saga 2. There are loads more but these are all the ones I plan on playing at some stage :D

I use my PS4 daily and can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I've spotted it being down since probably the last year of the PS3 era. Ironically one of those times was a couple of weeks ago on the same day I'd last said how I never seen PSN down.

It seems like it is still struggling to shake off a reputation earned in 2010-13.

Download speeds can be a pain but then I upgraded my HDD two weeks ago and didn't experience any real issues or delays downloading everything again. It was probably slower than the same files would have taken on my PC so there's definitely an issue there but again it is much improved on where it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,326 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I use my PS4 daily and can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I've spotted it being down since probably the last year of the PS3 era. Ironically one of those times was a couple of weeks ago on the same day I'd last said how I never seen PSN down.

It seems like it is still struggling to shake off a reputation earned in 2010-13.

Download speeds can be a pain but then I upgraded my HDD two weeks ago and didn't experience any real issues or delays downloading everything again. It was probably slower than the same files would have taken on my PC so there's definitely an issue there but again it is much improved on where it was.

I thought some of the guys in the Destiny Forum mentioned that PSN was down either Monday or Tuesday, could be wrong though.

I played Madden online both nights so if it was it was localised or not all night.

Look it isn't perfect and it can be better but PSN today doesn't deserve the reputation it still seems to have. It was a nightmare in the middle of the PS3's lifespan bit since they made everyone pay they've bucked their ideas up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,150 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I played Madden online both nights so if it was it was localised or not all night.

Look it isn't perfect and it can be better but PSN today doesn't deserve the reputation it still seems to have. It was a nightmare in the middle of the PS3's lifespan bit since they made everyone pay they've bucked their ideas up.

Pretty sure you're preaching to the people who hate choirs, Beefy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

*puts cock back in and zips up.

Too funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Penn wrote: »
    Pretty sure you're preaching to the people who hate choirs, Beefy :D

In fairness though the last few pages have some comments that go a bit too far on the Sony side of things also imo,we all know some people prefer Xbox regardless but lets not get carried away and start saying that Sony,PS,PSVR are somehow the only show in town. Thats just not true.

Thats just as ridiculous as some of the statements we see regarding the Xbox and MS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,150 ✭✭✭✭Penn

EoinHef wrote: »
    In fairness though the last few pages have some comments that go a bit too far on the Sony side of things also imo,we all know some people prefer Xbox regardless but lets not get carried away and start saying that Sony,PS,PSVR are somehow the only show in town. Thats just not true.

Thats just as ridiculous as some of the statements we see regarding the Xbox and MS.

Completely agree. Except the most important point to note is that this is the Playstation forum. Things will always be skewed towards Sony. Hell, I'm skewed towards Sony.

But I don't go to the Xbox forum and throw sly digs at the Xbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Penn wrote: »
    Completely agree. Except the most important point to note is that this is the Playstation forum. Things will always be skewed towards Sony. Hell, I'm skewed towards Sony.

But I don't go to the Xbox forum and throw sly digs at the Xbox.

Fair point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I am looking to keep my PS4 in rest mode for around 10 hours... Is there a way to set it to automatically turn off after the 10 hours, like so it just shuts down completely or will it just stay in rest mode?...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I am looking to keep my PS4 in rest mode for around 10 hours... Is there a way to set it to automatically turn off after the 10 hours, like so it just shuts down completely or will it just stay in rest mode?...

It will just stay in rest mode.

You could use remote play after the 10 hours and power off fully from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Damien360

It will stay there until you start a controller.

I had to stop using that feature as it has one annoying bug. When it is in rest mode and you decide to just switch it off at the plug, it doesn't like that at all. Next time you turn it on, it warns you it was not turned off correctly and does a full check of the operating system.

We also have the XB1 in the house and it has a rest mode also but doesn't complain when you pull the plug and switch it back on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Anyone else having sign in problems at the moment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Lots of online services being hit apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Bastids!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Yup, I've been having sign in problems since about 2pm this afternoon. 5 hours later, still the same.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement