Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Been playing online all day no problems, except I can't sync my trophies. I'm sure though this isn't a PSN only problem there was supposedly a DDOS attack on some DNS servers, my Twitter wouldn't load either while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 TeflonRon

Can anyone else still not connect to PSN? Getting error code CE-38703-1, assuming Sony are working hard to get servers back asap....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,899 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Gotta love that guy, his tweet at E3 about the orchestra staying on for the vita's funeral was both hilarious and brilliant :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Picked up Lego Harry Potter Collection from Smyths for 45euro, girl at counter first time said they didn't have it then when I left checked online and it was available so went to another person and it was right under the counter ...

Great game going to be very long I think ... Love all the Lego titles usually wait for them to go cheap but 45 isn't bad for what you get...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Damien360 wrote: »
    It will stay there until you start a controller.

I had to stop using that feature as it has one annoying bug. When it is in rest mode and you decide to just switch it off at the plug, it doesn't like that at all. Next time you turn it on, it warns you it was not turned off correctly and does a full check of the operating system.

We also have the XB1 in the house and it has a rest mode also but doesn't complain when you pull the plug and switch it back on

To me, PS4 is doing the right thing, it's not a bug. Spinning drives do not take kindly to having power suddenly pulled. Power off completely and then remove the power cable or switch off at the wall is the way it should be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭SkinnyBuddha

anyone having issues adding funds to wallet on the PSN? keeps saying wrong password(its correct as I can log in directly to paypal) and then its says I must be logged in to use network features.

Possibly issues from yesterdays DDOS?

Does BuyGameCredit only have €20 PSN codes as I have €15 wallet and want to try get that amount?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Does BuyGameCredit only have €20 PSN codes as I have €15 wallet and want to try get that amount?

Yeah seems that way for some reason. Don't know why this is as it has Xbox codes for 5,10, 15, 20 and 25

Yeah seems that way for some reason. Don't know why this is as it has Xbox codes for 5,10, 15, 20 and 25

Going to top up by 5euro and get the 20euro ... Then to choose what VR title to buy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

So an update on my case:

My card was refunded with the 2 x 50 euro transactions by Sony yesterday! Hoorahhhh!

After reading all the horror stories of people resorting to legal action on reddit I was convinced I would have to do the same but im thankful they came through in the end.

But i guess you rarely see reports online of something being resolved easily, its always the complaints!

My account is still banned mind you, im hoping a phonecall Monday will sort it out, and i can get back to enjoying gaming!

Thanks for everyones support btw, it helped ease the blow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Started on AC Syndicate. So far so good. Lots more fun than Unity anyway. I'll be glad to take a long break from AC though once I'm done as have done the entire franchise in less than 2 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Damien360

Doge wrote: »
    So an update on my case:

My card was refunded with the 2 x 50 euro transactions by Sony yesterday! Hoorahhhh!

After reading all the horror stories of people resorting to legal action on reddit I was convinced I would have to do the same but im thankful they came through in the end.

But i guess you rarely see reports online of something being resolved easily, its always the complaints!

My account is still banned mind you, im hoping a phonecall Monday will sort it out, and i can get back to enjoying gaming!

Thanks for everyones support btw, it helped ease the blow.

The stupidity of all this is people got their account hacked by Sony's poor security on their own servers. And then the victim gets a further kicking for good measure.

Can't remember all your posts but have you now set up 2-step security on your account ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

Damien360 wrote: »
    The stupidity of all this is people got their account hacked by Sony's poor security on their own servers. And then the victim gets a further kicking for good measure.

Can't remember all your posts but have you now set up 2-step security on your account ?

I do indeed, and shall be using psn cards to top my wallet in future!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Mr Arrior

Was looking for a few new games that are out or coming out. I was after the Last of Us, Batman: Return to Arkham, Batman: A telltale series and possibly Red Dead Redemption 2 (Never played the first but it looks good) Any opinions on these or other games to play? Ive only got Uncharted ticked off the list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Mr Arrior wrote: »
    Was looking for a few new games that are out or coming out. I was after the Last of Us, Batman: Return to Arkham, Batman: A telltale series and possibly Red Dead Redemption 2 (Never played the first but it looks good) Any opinions on these or other games to play? Ive only got Uncharted ticked off the list.

You should definitely get Red Dead 2 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,641 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

What other big christmas releases are we looking at? Last Guardian?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Is anyone else having trouble adding funds to their account? I cannot add any to mine through any of my set up methods and I cannot add any more.

Alternately, where would be the best place to get redeeming codes online?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

duploelabs wrote: »
    What other big christmas releases are we looking at? Last Guardian?

None besides The Last Guardian, FF XV is out on the 29th of November though, Watch Dogs 2, Dishonoured 2 and a new COD game come out early next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Xenji wrote: »
    None besides The Last Guardian, FF XV is out on the 29th of November though, Watch Dogs 2, Dishonoured 2 and a new COD game come out early next month.

Interesting how nobody ever mentions Titanfall 2. That game could be in a bit of trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,150 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Benzino wrote: »
    Interesting how nobody ever mentions Titanfall 2. That game could be in a bit of trouble.

It's insane they're releasing it when they are. Completely insane.

Penn wrote: »

Yeah I agree, makes no sense.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm not all surprised by that, first one was nothing special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

Penn wrote: »

It was a bad enough window to launch, but they appear to have alienated people who loved the first game (including me) by making too many changes and making it more generic.

Think it'll flop badly, and it's a shame cuz I really enjoyed the first game. Was looking forward to it until I played the beta.

maximoose wrote: »
    Think it'll flop badly, and it's a shame cuz I really enjoyed the first game. Was looking forward to it until I played the beta.

I'm the same, Titanfall was a lot of fun to play, one of my favourites of 2014. Titanfall 2 was a day one purchase for me till I played the beta which was very disappointing. I've heard they have since changed it to be more like the original, but I'm unlikely to get it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I'm the same, Titanfall was a lot of fun to play, one of my favourites of 2014. Titanfall 2 was a day one purchase for me till I played the beta which was very disappointing. I've heard they have since changed it to be more like the original, but I'm unlikely to get it now.

It's basically the only reason I haven't sold my Xbox one. It's amazing that they've managed to screw up what should have been a huge success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

It's basically the only reason I haven't sold my Xbox one. It's amazing that they've managed to screw up what should have been a huge success.

Titanfall 2 is on all platforms tho...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Titanfall 2 is on all platforms tho...

I think he means TF1 was why he didn't sell his XBO.

Anyway, have TF2 ordered, ready to go on launch. Neither BF1 nor COD grabbed my attention and I simply prefer the gameplay in TF2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Hi all, just got a Ps4 slim the other day, and went to play FIFA earlier. It says I need a Playstation Plus account to play online vs other players? Is this true for all games? I came from a PS3 and didn't need a Plus account to play online :confused:

Im a bit pissed off because its the only reason I bought a PS4 over the Xbox One :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Hi all, just got a Ps4 slim the other day, and went to play FIFA earlier. It says I need a Playstation Plus account to play online vs other players? Is this true for all games? I came from a PS3 and didn't need a Plus account to play online :confused:

Im a bit pissed off because its the only reason I bought a PS4 over the Xbox One :mad:

Afraid so, yes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement