Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

gimmick wrote: »
    Afraid so, yes.

Ahhhh for fk sake:mad:

Thanks for the reply :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

On the plus side,you get two games a month as part of the subscription that you can download and play once you keep the sub going:)

This months games are Resident Evil HD and Transformers Devestation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭SkinnyBuddha

yeah its a bit a pain in the hole...but in a way it does pay for itself...have gotten more 50 quids worth of games that are good.

Even if its a game I'm not mad about its always in your libary

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

yeah its a bit a pain in the hole...but in a way it does pay for itself...have gotten more 50 quids worth of games that are good.

Even if its a game I'm not mad about its always in your libary

Ive been playing the games as I need space and want to see what was worth it, I certainly havent found 50euros worth yet :pac:
    Im sure its there somewhere right...................right :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Kal El wrote: »
    Ive been playing the games as I need space and want to see what was worth it, I certainly havent found 50euros worth yet :pac:

We've been here a thousand times. Limbo, Gone Home, Journey, Broforce, Super Meat Boy, Hotline Miami, Fez (to name a few) are all worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭SkinnyBuddha

Kal El wrote: »

give it 12 months you'll have a plenty of playable games.

As BelovedAunt mentioned , some of those games are gems.

A lot of them are indie games...they might not sell it to you on graphics but the gameplay is next to none.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭.G.

How to do this always confuses me so if someone can help out I'd appreciate it. We have a PS4 in the house and I'm getting the Pro too. The older one will be used by my son and I'll be using the Pro. I have PS Plus. I want PS plus and its associated games to be available on both PS4s so how do I do that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

superg wrote: »
    How to do this always confuses me so if someone can help out I'd appreciate it. We have a PS4 in the house and I'm getting the Pro too. The older one will be used by my son and I'll be using the Pro. I have PS Plus. I want PS plus and its associated games to be available on both PS4s so how do I do that?

Make your old PS4 as your primary console using your profile (the one with Plus?) and then that way any profile on that PS4 can play any game you've downloaded using that account, will also get access to your Plus subscription.

Only downside is the second console the Pro can only use your downloaded games on the main profile i.e. Your one. And all games on that profile must be played while connected to the internet on the Pro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

We've been here a thousand times. Limbo, Gone Home, Journey, Broforce, Super Meat Boy, Hotline Miami, Fez (to name a few) are all worth it.

Rocket League would have been worth the 50euro on its own to be fair... I've like 250 hours put into that game I'd say...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

The games I purchased and downloaded on my second PSN account (USA region) wont work now on my irish primary account. They have the white lock symbol on them and give an error when started. Is this a new change as they worked fine before? Both the accounts are installed on the same ps4 also.

For what its worth, ive recently got a new ps4 if it matters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Try activating it as a primary PS4 again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭.G.

ItsHoggie wrote:
    Make your old PS4 as your primary console using your profile (the one with Plus?) and then that way any profile on that PS4 can play any game you've downloaded using that account, will also get access to your Plus subscription.

Only downside is the second console the Pro can only use your downloaded games on the main profile i.e. Your one. And all games on that profile must be played while connected to the internet on the Pro.

Grand job, ta.

It'll only be me on the pro and it'll always be online so shouldn't have any problems.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone gonna pick up the remaster of skyrim?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Anyone gonna pick up the remaster of skyrim?

...... I have a confession to make, I've played about 5 mins of skyrim, always meant to go back to it but then lost my copy.

This remaster is the universes way of saying "Red, it's time"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Enjoyed Skyrim the first time around, not sure I'd pick it up again. Oblivion now....
    As to losing disks... My Fallout disk, the PS4 keeps erroring out when trying to read it, no scratches, I've cleaned it already and no receipt to bring it back and exchange it. Instead it's just going to look pretty in the box...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I picked Skyrim up on my PC a year or so back although not played it yet. I've a good but not top-end gaming machine, is it likely to look much better on the remaster on PS4 or would I be better off sticking the PC version on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I picked Skyrim up on my PC a year or so back although not played it yet. I've a good but not top-end gaming machine, is it likely to look much better on the remaster on PS4 or would I be better off sticking the PC version on?

If you've the PC version with all the dlc, you'll be applicable to get the remastered version for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

madcabbage wrote: »
    If you've the PC version with all the dlc, you'll be applicable to get the remastered version for free.

Yeah I saw that, I've only got the vanilla version of the game I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Id say stick with it on PC,even if you dont get the remaster there are plenty of mods you can use to improve visuals on the original and a million other mods to then tailor the experience to your liking. Or you could just play the original and not bother with mods,the remaster doesnt really offer anything new in the way of gameplay,just visual and technical changes really so you wouldnt be missing out in that sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Ffs PSN down again sort it out sony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,326 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Ffs PSN down again sort it out sony

Down for a lot of people since Sunday night. My brother rang me to see could I log in as he was having no luck getting in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

I purchased Oxenfree last night but the game won't start up. The first two developer logos appear but after that it fades to black. Could that be related to the network being down? I have no other games on my system to check.

• Ffs PSN down again sort it out sony

I would like to know the reasons why.
    Better not be another hacking scandal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Can someone please post that link that displays the PSN network status. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,641 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I would like to know the reasons why.
    Better not be another hacking scandal.

I'd say it's just a DDOS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭morritty

Pickpocket wrote: »
    Can someone please post that link that displays the PSN network status. Cheers.

https://status.playstation.com/en-IE/

Looks like its back now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Just logged in, working fine for me.

A quick google says it was only meant to be down for an hour for maintenance this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Yeah I saw that, I've only got the vanilla version of the game I think.

If you buy the DLC before release you will get the upgrade, it was on special on Steam last week....

EDIT: PSN working fine here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Glico Man wrote: »
    Just logged in, working fine for me.

A quick google says it was only meant to be down for an hour for maintenance this morning.

Phew ever since our data was compromised I am so weary of PSN. I just wish Sony cared, they have our money so why bother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Phew ever since our data was compromised I am so weary of PSN. I just wish Sony cared, they have our money so why bother

Don't store your card data on the network then.

Personally, I used CD Keys and get top-up cards. The codes arrive instantly and I can redeem them on the website or on my phone so it is convenient.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement