Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Otacon wrote: »
    Don't store your card data on the network then.

Personally, I used CD Keys and get top-up cards. The codes arrive instantly and I can redeem them on the website or on my phone so it is convenient.

Yeah I never store card data or paypal on any of my Psn Accounts. Just use cdKeys for my Canadian and US accounts and for my Irish account I usually buy top up cards and use hmvgamecredit to buy €20 credit every time I top up my phone credit with the previous month's credit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Don't store your card data on the network then.

Personally, I used CD Keys and get top-up cards. The codes arrive instantly and I can redeem them on the website or on my phone so it is convenient.

Do you think it's acceptable that we should have to do that? How a company as wealthy as Sony didn't have the systems in place to

Prevent the attack from happening and
    To get the system up and working quickly I will never understand tbh.

They got away with so much we all acted like sheep and took it up the sink hole from Sony....

I have both consoles and tbh I leave my details on xbl as I have 100% faith in them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,150 ✭✭✭✭Penn

How easy is it to transfer all the data from one PS4 to another? I heard they changed how you do it in a recent update, anyone try it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Penn wrote: »
    How easy is it to transfer all the data from one PS4 to another? I heard they changed how you do it in a recent update, anyone try it?

If you've a 10Mb connection I'd just copy saves and re-download what you want rather than a backup/restore from a hard drive, but the below is the new option and should be the fastest way.

Can transfer from system to system over Ethernet but you also need to be on the same network with an active internet connection.

So if you wire 2 PS4 directly together you need to have both also connected over wifi to the same network with a internet connection.

If you hook both up to a wired network with an internet connection it just works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Is it true that if you want to deactivate a bricked PS4 as your primary you have to ring Sony to do so?

I can't turn on the old one to deactivate it.

• Advertisement

Is it true that if you want to deactivate a bricked PS4 as your primary you have to ring Sony to do so?

I can't turn on the old one to deactivate it.

There's an option on their site but it's limited to once per 6/12 months. You can call up if you've hit that limit and ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Varik wrote: »
    There's an option on their site but it's limited to once per 6/12 months. You can call up if you've hit that limit and ask.

I sold my PS4 awaiting the pro but forgot to deactivate it, will that be an issue? I did a complete wipe and factory reset though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I sold my PS4 awaiting the pro but forgot to deactivate it, will that be an issue? I did a complete wipe and factory reset though.

If you delete the user, it should deactivate itself. You can check online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Anyone thinking of picking up the newly announced third-party PS4 controllers?

Razer Raiju

147750100195.png

- Two extra bumpers and two extra detachable triggers
    - Built-in control panel on the front of the controller
    - Trigger-stop switches and hair trigger mode for ultra-fast trigger responses
    - Two custom profiles which you can instantly switch between and modify
    - 3.5mm headset jack and dedicated headset volume and mic mute controls
    - Detachable analog stick rubber caps which provide extra grip during intense gaming sessions
    - Compatibility with all PS4 systems via the braided 3m-long USB cable - detachable for easy storage

Nacon Revolution

sony-announces-two-third-party-pro-controllers-for-ps4-147750102521.png

- 46 degree amplitude dual analogue sticks, enhanced with innovative firmware for advanced eSports accuracy and reach
    - Four extra shortcut buttons
    - Eight-way directional pad
    - Four custom profiles - all configurable via the companion PC application, enabling players to: re-map buttons, assign macros to the four shortcut controls and adjust analog and trigger sensitivity
    - Two internal compartments with six additional weights - for a tailored balance and feel
    - Compatibility with all PS4 systems via the 3m-long secure connection USB cable - detachable for easy storage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

If you delete the user, it should deactivate itself. You can check online.

I don't think that is the case,

You have to login on your account on a PC and deactivate the old PS4 from the trusted device section AFAIK...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

The underside of that Razer looks a little, 'unusual'.

30584243705_e72e8a9ca2_z.jpg

I really want it though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

They are both horrendous looking IMO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

If you've a 10Mb connection I'd just copy saves and re-download what you want rather than a backup/restore from a hard drive, but the below is the new option and should be the fastest way.

Can transfer from system to system over Ethernet but you also need to be on the same network with an active internet connection.

So if you wire 2 PS4 directly together you need to have both also connected over wifi to the same network with a internet connection.

If you hook both up to a wired network with an internet connection it just works.

Thank **** for that. I'll be buying the pro and I'm limited to 20gb download per day. Nearly all my content is digital.

If wiring the two PS4s together is the Internet connection just for authentication purposes or does it transfer/download over wifi? My issue is the Internet her out in the sticks is abysmal.

Just wondering for getting a PS4Pro and transferring stuff over.

Penn wrote: »
    If wiring the two PS4s together is the Internet connection just for authentication purposes or does it transfer/download over wifi? My issue is the Internet her out in the sticks is abysmal.

Just wondering for getting a PS4Pro and transferring stuff over.

just authentication.

Only downloading you'll do is if you don't have the latest firmware on each PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Fieldog wrote: »
    I don't think that is the case,

You have to login on your account on a PC and deactivate the old PS4 from the trusted device section AFAIK...

Well I sold my PS4 today and deleted the user and it said 'deleting the user will deactivate this PS4 from the PSN account' or whatever the wording was.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I wonder will the 3rd party controller posted above be p.c. compatible?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭.G.

The official DS4 will be usable with Steam soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Well I sold my PS4 today and deleted the user and it said 'deleting the user will deactivate this PS4 from the PSN account' or whatever the wording was.

Must be a new thing with the latest FW update, when I got a new limited edition PS4 a while back that wasn't the case, I had to go in and remove it on the PC before selling my launch day console on...

just authentication.

Only downloading you'll do is if you don't have the latest firmware on each PS4.

Ah fantastic. Was worried I'd have to redownload games and stuff. Would have absolutely crippled our Internet here (and taken about 2 months). Glad to know there are other options.

Hopefully will have moved house with better Internet before Xmas, but glad to know the option is there if I want to get the Pro before I move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Just curious, What's the transfer speed when transferring content from PS4 to PS4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

superg wrote: »
    The official DS4 will be usable with Steam soon.

It already works with almost every game I've tried?...

Just connect via Bluetooth and it works a charm...

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Just curious, What's the transfer speed when transferring content from PS4 to PS4?

100Mbps to 1000Mbps dependant on you home network, whatever actual speed will be limited by the HDD in the PS4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Anyone thinking of picking up the newly announced third-party PS4 controllers?

Razer Raiju

147750100195.png

- Two extra bumpers and two extra detachable triggers
    - Built-in control panel on the front of the controller
    - Trigger-stop switches and hair trigger mode for ultra-fast trigger responses
    - Two custom profiles which you can instantly switch between and modify
    - 3.5mm headset jack and dedicated headset volume and mic mute controls
    - Detachable analog stick rubber caps which provide extra grip during intense gaming sessions
    - Compatibility with all PS4 systems via the braided 3m-long USB cable - detachable for easy storage

Nacon Revolution

sony-announces-two-third-party-pro-controllers-for-ps4-147750102521.png

- 46 degree amplitude dual analogue sticks, enhanced with innovative firmware for advanced eSports accuracy and reach
    - Four extra shortcut buttons
    - Eight-way directional pad
    - Four custom profiles - all configurable via the companion PC application, enabling players to: re-map buttons, assign macros to the four shortcut controls and adjust analog and trigger sensitivity
    - Two internal compartments with six additional weights - for a tailored balance and feel
    - Compatibility with all PS4 systems via the 3m-long secure connection USB cable - detachable for easy storage
    wow the first controller looks like a copy of an xbox one controller. well the build of it not the analogue stick layout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

The Nacon looks alright for function (I much prefer one up/one down Xbox type stick layout), but both are incredibly ugly.

I really, really just want a better battery life controller. Long BF1 sessions have really started to show how crap the DS4 life is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I like the control panel on the Razor, but like the analog stick layout of the Nacon. But won't get either because they are not wireless :( Don't really care what they look like, it's not like you look at the controller when you are using it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭.G.

It already works with almost every game I've tried?...

Just connect via Bluetooth and it works a charm...

Does it? Thought it had to be an Xbox controller for PC games. I read last week steam are adding official support for it soon. I use a DS3 and toolkit to get it to be recognised as an xbox controller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

superg wrote: »
    Does it? Thought it had to be an Xbox controller for PC games. I read last week steam are adding official support for it soon. I use a DS3 and toolkit to get it to be recognised as an xbox controller.

Yeah it definitely works as I have played most games with it... Sometimes however circle may be square but that only happens on some of the not so well known titles... Yeah DS3 kit is what I used and used to use it with the PS4 controller until I realised it just worked with Bluetooth

May depend on OS I think I was using Windows 8 but think Windows 10 is more supported for it so have been using 10 since it was out..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

is the psn down, can't connect but PSN says all services are up and running?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Grrrrr
    Been up since 4 and couldn't login, just got onto my account via laptop and turned the ps4 back on. Had to manually login to my account and can get in now. Weird 'cos normally it does it automatically and was on yesterday with no issue.
    Now I have to go to work with my first world problems

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement