Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

iamtony wrote: »
    Thanks. According to that site i was pwned in a recent LinkedIn security breach. Scary stuff. Don't use it anymore so I've no idea what password I used but holy **** it's scary to think big companies like this can be hacked

Go away and check for a "Sub Account" right now in your Sony PSN account.

Do it in a broswer and click account management then the sub account section.
    A sub account created by the hacker will still be able to leech funds from your account if you top up.
    You cant delete it but you can hit an option to stop it from taking funds from your account and can enforce parental controls on it.
    You'll have to get a Sony rep to delete it for you if it exists,

When I was hacked the first Sony Rep I dealt with did not even check this and it went undetected, i didnt even know it was possible to set one up.

Im still waiting for my ban to be lifte after i was hacked, i was refunded the money alreadt though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Think this is one https://haveibeenpwned.com

Checked this site and i now remember my gmail account was signed into in china
    many years ago, so i get them to send a notification number anytime i need to sign in on a new device
    luckily never lost money

it was adobe and dropbox where the sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

<DoublePost>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Tesco are back selling games and console, for what reason I really can't quite understand...

If they really wanted to do good with selling there games they really should have looked at why people weren't buying them ...

There games are now 70euro, it's like a new gamestop altogether... No console bundles either... If they wanted to good they should have all titles as 60euro and then people would actually buy from them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Tesco are back selling games and console, for what reason I really can't quite understand...

If they really wanted to do good with selling there games they really should have looked at why people weren't buying them ...

There games are now 70euro, it's like a new gamestop altogether... No console bundles either... If they wanted to good they should have all titles as 60euro and then people would actually buy from them...

I wonder will they have the Pro ?

I'll weigh the console on the vegetable scales and print it out as onions and then stick the barcode on the console box . Yippee , Pro for about a 5er :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,641 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Golden Discs have taken over the cd, dvd, and games sections of their stores

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I wonder will they have the Pro ?

I'll weigh the console on the vegetable scales and print it out as onions and then stick the barcode on the console box . Yippee , Pro for about a 5er :D

No pros just slims what I saw anyways...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

duploelabs wrote: »
    Golden Discs have taken over the cd, dvd, and games sections of their stores
    I wonder will they accept the 10 euro Dunnes vouchers for games you get if you spend €50? They take them for everything else, at least they used to. My missus works in Dunne's so I've an unlimited supply of them:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Nathan Drake Collection for €21 on the irish store seems like a good deal to me,reckon ill pick it up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

EoinHef wrote: »
    Nathan Drake Collection for €21 on the irish store seems like a good deal to me,reckon ill pick it up.

Yes, Yes it is

• Advertisement

• EoinHef wrote: »

Even better if you havent played the trilogy before.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

iamtony wrote: »
    I wonder will they accept the 10 euro Dunnes vouchers for games you get if you spend €50? They take them for everything else, at least they used to. My missus works in Dunne's so I've an unlimited supply of them:-)

they will take one, and one only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Even better if you havent played the trilogy before.

Played 1 and 2,so long ago now though. Been waiting for the trilogy to drop for awhile. For €21 i think there worth a replay. Might even pick up 4 if i enjoy the playthrough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I was just coming on here to ask about the Uncharted Collection actually. Is it worth if if you've still got your PS3 set up? If it is an upgrade to the level that The Last of Us was then I'm ok with the 20 quid. If it is just the PS3 games ported over to the different machine then I'll save my cash.

Also anyone got Blood Bowl...? I've got it on PC but would be tempted to double-dip for the tenner it is on sale for currently but am concerned that it didn't sell well and there'd be no one to play against.

SharpCoder wrote: »
    they will take one, and one only.

That's all you need for a game so that's perfect for me unless they have some clause saying not applicable to digital media or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I was just coming on here to ask about the Uncharted Collection actually. Is it worth if if you've still got your PS3 set up? If it is an upgrade to the level that The Last of Us was then I'm ok with the 20 quid. If it is just the PS3 games ported over to the different machine then I'll save my cash.

Yeah, it's on par with the job they did on TLOU...

It's 60fps 1080p, which (for me) is enough of a reason to have it in the collection... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Sold. Thank you.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

What the telephone number to ring, my brother in law can't get into his account got an email to say his password was changed...

Lenny wrote: »
    What the telephone number to ring, my brother in law can't get into his account got an email to say his password was changed...
    You won't get through till 11am tomorrow. If there's funds on his card then use the online chat I think that's 24hrs but the number is 01-6917379

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,263 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Woke up to a mail saying my login id had been changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

This seems to be happening an awful lot. Changed to that two step verification thingy a few weeks back because of this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

gimli2112 wrote: »
    This seems to be happening an awful lot. Changed to that two step verification thingy a few weeks back because of this thread.

yup, there's no excuse now*

*unless your phone gets stolen as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,263 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was going to do that this weekend since haven't touched any of the consoles in a while.
    Will have to phone them later. What info do they ask for to prove you are who you say you are?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was going to do that this weekend since haven't touched any of the consoles in a while.
    Will have to phone them later. What info do they ask for to prove you are who you say you are?

Nothing special, email address and dob and stuff like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

PSN compromised again??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

PSN compromised again??

No, data stolen from other website breaches being input as PSN account login details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I think, at this stage, two-step verification is essential.

I logged in, changed my password, added two-step verification and kicked it all from devices sign in on. AFAIK, it was just my computer and my PS4 anyway, but no harm in being too safe when there's money involved.

As an aside, anyone else having trouble with the Sky Go app on PS4? Freezing and kicking me every ten minutes, like clockwork. Very frustrating. No other connectivity issues (either with PS4 games or other devices) so it must be the app, but I use it as my primary TV source so it's frustrating because it's used quite a bit!

EDIT: I just found out that 'Everybody's Gone to the Rapture' is free on PS Plus! Yaaaayy!! I was gonna buy this last month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

That's a Sky issue, they are working on it. Look in the Sky forum for more info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35 Samp21

WELL I FOR ONE AM SICK OF THESE SONY HACKS, TIME TO BUT AN XBOX I THINK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

LOUD NOISES

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement